advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Man, these folks need to break free of the plantation
Posted by: pdq
Date: December 02, 2018 04:24PM
The Repubs have been playing them as suckers for years and years...

Congressional Republicans are giving up on years of promises to cut federal funding for Planned Parenthood as Democrats prepare to take control of the House, a major setback for the conservative movement after controlling both chambers of Congress and the White House for the past two years.

Not that such a move would survive legal challenge, but that's certainly never stopped Republican posing before.

That's infuriated anti-abortion groups, who plan to take their fight to state legislatures and the courts.

“They had two years to defund Planned Parenthood, and they failed,” said Kristan Hawkins, president of the anti-abortion group Students for Life of America. “It’s a huge frustration. We worked so hard to elect supposedly these pro-life Republican officials, and we expected results.

smiley-laughing001

Groups including Susan B. Anthony List, the Heritage Foundation and Students for Life in America met Wednesday at the White House with Strategic Communications Adviser Mercedes Schlapp and other officials to urge them to flex their administrative powers and take a hard line with Congress.

“We told the White House, ‘Don’t sign any budget that funds Planned Parenthood,’” Hawkins said. “‘We need you to uphold your campaign promises and force Congress to uphold theirs.’”

It's so sad to see these saps actually believe that Republicans care about anything other than making rich people richer. Republicans would never kill the golden goose of posturing on abortion, while reserving the right to, and enthusiastically encouraging abortion for their own loved ones and mistresses.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Man, these folks need to break free of the plantation
Posted by: samintx
Date: December 02, 2018 04:58PM
My former Republican friends were all anti-abortion and I just couldn’t get on board. They would try to convert me.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: December 02, 2018 05:53PM
I know my Congress critter Diane Black was just all about it. And she helped control the budget!

Most every FB posting was about how PP was out there murdering babies left and right. She'd appear with the millennial's favorite fraud Lisa Rose (of Live Action fake-video infamy) and go on and on about how as a nurse she valued life yada yada.

The best thing that Black ever did was run for Governor. And lose in the primaries. smiling smiley
Posted by: Speedy
Date: December 05, 2018 08:20AM
pdq
Republicans would never kill the golden goose of posturing on abortion,

This x 40M which is about the number of people who vote Republican because they are in favor of forced birthing.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 235
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018