advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Intercepts Solidify C.I.A. Assessment That Saudi Prince Ordered Khashoggi Killing
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: December 02, 2018 09:41PM

YEAH!

Intercepts Solidify C.I.A. Assessment That Saudi Prince Ordered Khashoggi Killing
[www.nytimes.com]
The C.I.A. has evidence that Mohammed bin Salman, the Saudi crown prince, communicated repeatedly with a key aide around the time that a team believed to have been under the aide’s command assassinated Jamal Khashoggi, according to former officials familiar with the intelligence.

The adviser, Saud al-Qahtani, topped the list of Saudis who were targeted by American sanctions last month over their suspected involvement in the killing of Mr. Khashoggi. American intelligence agencies have evidence that Prince Salman and Mr. Qahtani had 11 exchanges that roughly coincided with the hit team’s advance into the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul, where Mr. Khashoggi was murdered.

The exchanges are a key piece of information that helped solidify the C.I.A.’s assessment that the crown prince ordered the killing of Mr. Khashoggi, a Washington Post columnist and Virginia resident who had been critical of the Saudi government.

“This is the smoking gun, or at least the smoking phone call,” said Bruce Riedel, a former C.I.A. official now at the Brookings Institution. “There is only one thing they could possibly be talking about. This shows that the crown prince was witting of premeditated murder.”

The existence of the intercepts was first reported by The Wall Street Journal, which reviewed a highly classified document on the C.I.A. assessment of Mr. Khashoggi’s killing. The leak of the secret report, according to officials, infuriated Gina Haspel, the C.I.A. director. It has also intensified calls by members of Congress to have Ms. Haspel go to Capitol Hill to brief them.

Mr. Qahtani has been one of Prince Mohammed’s closest advisers. When the head of the hit team, Maher Abdulaziz Mutreb, was recorded by Turkish intelligence saying “tell your boss” that the team had carried out the mission, he was believed by American intelligence agencies to have been communicating with Mr. Qahtani.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Intercepts Solidify C.I.A. Assessment That Saudi Prince Ordered Khashoggi Killing
Posted by: max
Date: December 02, 2018 10:35PM
Amazing, you had no problem with Saudi involvement with9.11 attack upon this country, nor with Saudis funding the jihadi uprising in Syria with a resultant 500,000 dead, but this one one act of butchery got your juices flowing.
Why is that?....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means, it is an end.
One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution;
one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship."
Re: Intercepts Solidify C.I.A. Assessment That Saudi Prince Ordered Khashoggi Killing
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: December 03, 2018 12:20AM
An Israeli intelligence company hacked the phone of one of Kashoggi's friends for the Saudi's, so plenty of people have their morals for sale in this case.

In tha 360. [url=Zee Maps Now requires a subscription/payment to work]MRF User Map[/url]
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: December 03, 2018 08:54AM
That's what you get for dissing Donnie...
Posted by: samintx
Date: December 03, 2018 12:36PM
I might believe it and then again I might not confused smiley
Posted by: sekker
Date: December 03, 2018 08:41PM
max
Amazing, you had no problem with Saudi involvement with9.11 attack upon this country, nor with Saudis funding the jihadi uprising in Syria with a resultant 500,000 dead, but this one one act of butchery got your juices flowing.
Why is that?....

max, this note has me confused. I know of no one on this board who liked Saudi involvement with 911, or Syria.

Is this a misplaced post meant for some other Board?
Date: December 03, 2018 08:59PM
sekker
max
Why is that?....

max, this note has me confused. I know of no one on this board who liked Saudi involvement with 911, or Syria.

sekker, this note has many confused, I am sure you can find those here on this board, who condemned for their instrumental role in 9.11, I am sure that you will cite the examples of those who have come against Obama/Clinton involvement in the Saudi plan for Sunni uprising aimed to overthrow a Shia based regime in Syria. Where Saudi money, with an extensive logistical support from Obama administration provided our arms and training to al-Queda jihadis, and their subsequent evolution, the ISIS..

I am sure you can show these ubiquitous examples of yours in droves....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means, it is an end.
Posted by: hal
Date: December 03, 2018 10:28PM
sekker
max
Why is that?....

Is this a misplaced post meant for some other Board?

WTH?? This note is straight up horseshit. NO ONE demanded action against the Saudis for 911 and general support for radicalized nutcases on these boards more than Steve G. He wouldn't shut up about it for years!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2018 10:28PM by hal.
Date: December 04, 2018 07:21AM
hal
NO ONE demanded action against the Saudis for 911 and general support for radicalized nutcases on these boards more than Steve G. He wouldn't shut up about it for years!

Dear Hal,
At no time have I said the Saudis were behind the Sept 11 attacks. I'm sure you can back up your stupid erroneous statement with quotes (seeing as how I said it so often).
However, the Saudi government has proudly spent tens of billions of dollars training imans and financing mosques which advocate Wahhabi fundamentalist Islam. This is quite different from financing radical terror groups.
One (the Saudi religious outreach) is a fact that is their policy. The other (me and 9/11) is either an error or a lie on your part.
Time for a retraction, Hal. You goofed.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: December 04, 2018 07:41AM
max accuses Steve G. of giving Saudis a free pass over 9-11 involvement, unrelated to this thread topic (of course).

Hal essentially defends Steve G.

Steve G. manages to attack Hal.

I think I'm seeing a Russian-disinformation campaign played out in real time here.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: December 04, 2018 08:32AM
Here's a discussion that can't be missed.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Date: December 04, 2018 08:32AM
deckeda

Hal made two serious mis-statements about my past posts and characterized them unfairly. I think that was worth correcting.

hal
NO ONE demanded action against the Saudis for 911 and general support for radicalized nutcases on these boards more than Steve G. He wouldn't shut up about it for years!
I can't see how could possible describe this as a 'defense'.
or is this low-key sarcasm?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2018 08:45AM by Steve G..
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: December 04, 2018 09:15AM
deckeda
max accuses Steve G. of giving Saudis a free pass over 9-11 involvement, unrelated to this thread topic (of course).

I think I'm seeing a Russian-disinformation campaign played out in real time here.

popcorn smiley
Posted by: hal
Date: December 04, 2018 01:15PM
deckeda

that's hilarious!

I'm not the only one that's been on these forums for 20 years... do I remember it wrong? I have vivid memories of this, but then... I'm old.
Date: December 04, 2018 01:54PM
hal
1)do I remember it wrong? 2)I have vivid memories of this, 3)but then... I'm old.

1) Yes, memory going.
2) Cut back on the coffee.
3) Yes, you are. Very, very old.
Date: December 04, 2018 05:14PM
hal
deckeda

that's hilarious!

I'm not the only one that's been on these forums for 20 years... do I remember it wrong? I have vivid memories of this, but then... I'm old.

It is hilarious....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2018 05:29PM by max.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 281
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018