advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Innocent Black man killed by cops in mall shooting was struck from behind three times
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: December 04, 2018 02:48PM
[nypost.com]
The black man killed by a police officer responding to a shooting at an Alabama mall was shot three times from behind, an independent autopsy found.

At a Monday press conference in Birmingham, Alabama, a lawyer for the family of Emantic “E.J.” Fitzgerald Bradford Jr. said the officer involved in the Thanksgiving night shooting should be charged with a crime.

“We believe based on this forensic evidence that this officer should be charged with a crime,” civil rights attorney Benjamin Crump told reporters, according to NBC News. “There’s nothing that justifies him shooting E.J. as he’s moving away from him.”

“You’re not a threat when you’re running away.”

Bradford, 21, was mistakenly identified as the gunman who opened fire on an 18-year-old man and also hit a 12-year-old girl at the Riverchase Galleria in Hoover on Thanksgiving night.

Hoover police backtracked and said it was “unlikely” that Bradford was involved — but that he’d pulled out a gun at the scene, causing confusion. Bradford had a permit to carry a weapon, his father said.

According to the private autopsy, Bradford was shot in the back of the head, neck and in the back. There was also a laceration on his right eyebrow that might indicate he fell forward.

“My son was murdered by this officer and that was cowardice,” his father, Emantic Bradford Sr., a former corrections officer, said at the news conference. “You shot a 21-year-old person running away from gunfire. Never posed you a threat, never had nothing in his hand. Why did you shoot him? You can’t explain that to me, ’cause that ain’t training. That’s cowardice.”

Police encouraged the family and their lawyer to submit the results of the independent autopsy to the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency “so this new information becomes a part of the official investigation.”

Earlier Monday, cops said they wouldn’t release any evidence — including video of the shooting — until the investigation is complete.

Erron Brown, 20, the man who police contend is the real suspect in the shooting, was arrested in Georgia last week.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Innocent Black man killed by cops in mall shooting was struck from behind three times
Posted by: pdq
Date: December 04, 2018 04:19PM
Fleeing while Black (and armed!) - a capital offense in Alabama.
Re: Innocent Black man killed by cops in mall shooting was struck from behind three times
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: December 04, 2018 04:22PM
pdq
Fleeing while Black (and armed!) - a capital offense in Alabama America.

FTFY.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: December 04, 2018 04:28PM
"I saw a good guy with a gun the other day. He black, so he was dead."
Not George Patton....
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: December 04, 2018 05:08PM
I don't see how the families of these poor murder victims stand it.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: December 04, 2018 05:23PM
If only black people were allowed to carry guns we would have gun control in a hot minute.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: December 04, 2018 05:55PM
Speedy
If only black people were allowed to carry guns we would have gun control in a hot minute.

I have been saying the same for a while now, too.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: December 04, 2018 06:47PM
I guess this explains why the body cam footage hasn't been released yet.

In tha 360. [url=Zee Maps Now requires a subscription/payment to work]MRF User Map[/url]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 265
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018