advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Where is the big Mueller news we were told to expect today?
Posted by: hal
Date: December 04, 2018 07:30PM
Michael Flynn sentencing memo expected from Mueller Tuesday

Every news outlet in the country was telling us to expect LOTS of new Mueller evidence TODAY in the 'sentencing memo' that was to be filed in the Flynn case.

Special Counsel Robert Mueller's office is expected to file a sentencing memo for former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn on Tuesday, which will contain the special counsel's recommended sentence. The memo is also likely to lay out the extent of Flynn's cooperation with the government after he admitted last December that he lied to the FBI about his contacts with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak.

Beyond illuminating the extent of Flynn's cooperation with Mueller, the memo could provide a window into what the special counsel has found so far in its probe, which began in May 2017.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Where is the big Mueller news we were told to expect today?
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: December 04, 2018 07:39PM
Chris Hayes is talking about that right now. Most of the information regarding the investigation is redacted; no new information.

They are also saying at least 6 months to go in the investigation; so reports that this was winding down are probably wrong too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2018 07:43PM by Lemon Drop.
Date: December 04, 2018 07:48PM
thanks for the update
Date: December 04, 2018 07:56PM
hal
thanks for the update

different topic..what'd you think of the news that Seattle is getting an NHL expansion team? I've never followed hockey, maybe I will now. I wanted an NBA team back, but they decided to make a hockey rink instead. Oh well...
Posted by: pdq
Date: December 04, 2018 08:09PM
I think it fell in the same news hole that consumed Trump telling us all about the Khashoggi murder unexplained disappearance.
Date: December 04, 2018 08:13PM
Lemon Drop
hal
thanks for the update

different topic..what'd you think of the news that Seattle is getting an NHL expansion team? I've never followed hockey, maybe I will now. I wanted an NBA team back, but they decided to make a hockey rink instead. Oh well...

I've been following this for a while - don't fret. They are likely to get a BB team eventually, but the NBA wasn't ready while the NHL was.

And I think it's GREAT. Personally because my niece is going to Seattle U and her dad and I LOVE going to games together. A road trip up north would be a BLAST.

But also good for the league - there should be a great rivalry with Vancouver. And the 'Pacific' Division will now feature teams that are actually close to the ocean.

I know you're a sport fan - GIVE IT A TRY when the time comes.

I've taken many very much NON sport fans to NHL games and so far, every one of them left being a fan of the game. The difference in seeing NHL live vs TV is way bigger than any other US sport. Go with someone that knows the game and can answer your questions on the fly.

You will love it - I promise!
Date: December 04, 2018 08:14PM
...although this is is interesting tidbit:

Citing 'substantial assistance' to probe, Mueller recommends no prison time for former Trump adviser Michael Flynn

Oh my. This is going to drive a certain Twitterer around the bend...

(PS- I have no love for Cohen, but I think it's important that the folks that have owned up to Mueller don't end up in a worse situation than folks like Stone or Manafort who may win a Trumpian pardon (on Federal charges, at least)).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2018 08:19PM by pdq.
Date: December 04, 2018 08:18PM
pdq
...although this is is interesting tidbit:

Citing 'substantial assistance' to probe, Mueller recommends no prison time for former Trump adviser Michael Flynn

Oh my. This is going to drive a certain Twitterer around the bend...

ok - that's new
Date: December 04, 2018 08:20PM
hal
Lemon Drop
hal
thanks for the update

I've been following this for a while - don't fret. They are likely to get a BB team eventually, but the NBA wasn't ready while the NHL was.

And I think it's GREAT. Personally because my niece is going to Seattle U and her dad and I LOVE going to games together. A road trip up north would be a BLAST.

But also good for the league - there should be a great rivalry with Vancouver. And the 'Pacific' Division will now feature teams that are actually close to the ocean.

I know you're a sport fan - GIVE IT A TRY when the time comes.

I've taken many very much NON sport fans to NHL games and so far, every one of them left being a fan of the game. The difference in seeing NHL live vs TV is way bigger than any other US sport. Go with someone that knows the game and can answer your questions on the fly.

You will love it - I promise!

I hope your niece will love Seattle U, I did a graduate degree there 2015-2017 and had a great experience.

I will def give it a try! I went to a minor league game a few years ago, Everett Silvertips and honestly couldn't follow it that well. It does seem to help to know the rules at least a bit. Yes the rivalry with Vancouver will be fun.

And since the first American team to win a Stanley Cup was from Seattle (101 years ago...) we're due for another.
Posted by: sekker
Date: December 04, 2018 08:25PM
Classic Mueller - the big news is literally no news... And it IS big news!
Date: December 04, 2018 08:48PM
sekker
Classic Mueller - the big news is literally no news... And it IS big news!

Here's a little more:

Former national security advisor Michael Flynn has given special counsel Robert Mueller "first-hand" details of contacts between President Donald Trump's transition team and Russian government officials, a bombshell court document filed Tuesday says.

Weren't we assured by the Trumpies that all speculation of such contacts was feverish nonsense? (I know, it seems like a loong time ago now, doesn't it?)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2018 08:51PM by pdq.
Posted by: michaelb
Date: December 04, 2018 10:12PM
I was thinking the big news about Mueller's investigation will come in the court docs related to Manafort lying in violation of the plea, and I seemed to remember that getting delayed. That allows Mueller to release info about the scope of the investigation and can bypass Justice review of the contents of any official report.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: December 04, 2018 10:16PM
The folks at MSNBC need to stop speculating about what is going to happen when. They pretty much always set themselves up for disappointment. On just the one episode last night, Rachel Maddow assumed that we would get to read the sentencing memo and that Jeffrey Epstein's miserable life was going to be exposed in full detail in that trial. Better dial back on the projections, Rachel.

Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: December 05, 2018 07:04AM
....it was heavily redacted so basically it gave no information.....they recommended no prison time so Flynn must have given something very important up......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2018 07:32AM by NewtonMP2100.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 315
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018