advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Not Concrete? Just a steel panel fence? Here are Trump's actual wall prototypes
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: January 06, 2019 05:38PM
Of the chosen prototypes, four are made primarily from concrete – as specified in an early tender – while four more are built from other materials.

They include two designs by Alabama-based Caddell Construction, which proposes a concrete wall with a thicker lower portion, and a version with a solid top and a transparent bottom half.

WG Yates & Sons from Philadelphia also has two shortlisted prototypes – one metal and one concrete – while the material used for KWR Construction's partially see-through version is currently unidentified.

Fisher Sand & Gravel's solid concrete barrier, Texas Sterling Construction's suggestion topped with steel mesh and spikes, and ELTA North America's plan that looks like a radiator round off the list.

Cost is also likely to play a determining factor in the decision. A bill recently approved in the House that pledged $1.6 billion (£1.2 billion) towards the wall's construction stalled in the Senate, while Trump's initial claims that Mexico would cover the costs are continually denied by the Mexican government.

The US president also previously said that he himself could "design or negotiate" a cheaper option for the wall if necessary, and later suggested that the design could incorporate solar panels to help foot the bill.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2019 05:42PM by Steve G..
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Not Concrete? Just a steel panel fence? Here are Trump's actual wall prototypes
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: January 06, 2019 08:31PM
In Central America, many homes are surrounded by walls topped with broken glass embedded in concrete. Maybe they could get some of the migrants to build one.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Re: Not Concrete? Just a steel panel fence? Here are Trump's actual wall prototypes
Posted by: Speedy
Date: January 06, 2019 08:37PM
I’m buying stock in the Thirty-one Foot Ladder Co.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: January 06, 2019 09:08PM
Any 'wall' built by the military would involve a cordon sanitaire, a large minefield, lots of concertina wire, and interlocking machine gun positions. Supported by mortar pits and indirect firebases 10km away.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: January 06, 2019 09:18PM
I bet his base would stick with him forever if he proposed land mines.
Posted by: space-time
Date: January 06, 2019 10:13PM
Speedy
I’m buying stock in the Thirty-one Foot Ladder Co.

So does 45.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: January 07, 2019 07:26AM
Dennis S
I bet his base would stick with him forever if he proposed land mines.

They would need to adjust the bouncing bettys to account for the reduced height of the women/children.
Posted by: samintx
Date: January 07, 2019 10:52AM
Ombligo
In Central America, many homes are surrounded by walls topped with broken glass embedded in concrete. Maybe they could get some of the migrants to build one.

This is true in China, Africa ever country I have travelled to except more democratic counties.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: January 07, 2019 12:54PM
I seriously think that one of the DuPonts has a wall like this somewhere in Delaware. I remembering seeing it as a child and being shocked, and I'm pretty sure that my folks said it was a DuPont home.

Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: January 07, 2019 02:02PM
Remember the House of Medici and their residences?
Posted by: max
Date: January 07, 2019 02:24PM
Glass does not rust....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 301
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018