advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Bolton says Syria withdrawal is conditional on Kurds safety, ISIS defeat
Posted by: steve...
Date: January 06, 2019 06:50PM
The adults must have had a talk with Donnie.

National Security Adviser John Bolton on Sunday said the drawdown will be conditioned on the defeat of the Islamic State and the safety of Kurdish allies.

"There are objectives that we want to accomplish that condition the withdrawal," Bolton told reporters in Jerusalem, where he was traveling to assuage concerns over the troop pullback. "The timetable flows from the policy decisions that we need to implement."

Bolton is expected to tell Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu that troops will remain at a base in Syria to counter Iranian activity, according to a senior U.S. administration official who spoke with NPR's Daniel Estrin.

NPR

Northern California Coast
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Bolton says Syria withdrawal is conditional on Kurds safety, ISIS defeat
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: January 06, 2019 07:44PM
steve...
Bolton is expected to tell Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu that troops will remain at a base in Syria to counter Iranian activity, according to a senior U.S. administration official who spoke with NPR's Daniel Estrin.[/i]

Bolton is not in charge of anything. He has no authority and does not represent the United States when he speaks.

I think he just learned that lesson last month.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2019 07:44PM by Sarcany.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: January 06, 2019 08:42PM

Bolton in Israel
Putting the Semite back
into Yo-Semite Sam
(love mustache, John)
Posted by: max
Date: January 06, 2019 11:09PM
Sarcany
steve...
Bolton is expected to tell Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu that troops will remain at a base in Syria to counter Iranian activity, according to a senior U.S. administration official who spoke with NPR's Daniel Estrin.[/i]

Bolton is not in charge of anything. He has no authority and does not represent the United States when he speaks.

It is amazing how fast lack of out interference leads the locals to find balance of power solutions, just as predicted years ago....

Syrian military arrives in flashpoint Kurdish-held town Manbij
Move comes as Kurds fear Turkish army offensive after withdrawal of U.S. forces
The Syrian army said it entered Kurdish-held town of Manbij on Friday for the first time in years, after the Kurdish YPG militia urged Damascus to protect the town from the threat of Turkish attacks....

Turkey's Defence Ministry said the Kurdish militia has no authority to invite other elements into the northern Syrian town of Manbij, and warned all parties to refrain from destabilizing the region....
Turkey, which views the Kurdish militia as a terrorist group, had been threatening a military operation against Manbij...
"Turkey has been clear: it will not allow Kurds to control territory on its border," said CBC's Rebecca Collard, reporting from Beirut.
After the Syrian army announcement, Turkey-backed Syrian rebels stationed in nearby territory said they had begun moving together with Turkish forces toward the town in readiness for "the start of military operations to liberate" it...

The Syrian military declaration came shortly after the main Syrian Kurdish militia invited the government to seize control of Manbij to prevent a Turkish attack.
The development signals the two sides have agreed to the new arrangement. The Syrian military said it raised the state flag in Manbij.
But a resident of Manbij told The Associated Press there were no signs of Syrian troops in the town. And the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said the government forces have only reinforced front line positions outside the town held by Kurdish-led forces.
[www.cbc.ca]
Posted by: deckeda
Date: January 07, 2019 07:01AM
Nice to see Bolton agreeing with the last president.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: January 07, 2019 07:31AM
deckeda
Nice to see Bolton agreeing with the last president.

I hope no one tells Pres. Trump about this.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Mr Downtown
Date: January 07, 2019 08:04AM
I predict that by next month 45 will start telling his rallies that he "ended the conflict in Syria and brought all our troops home. They said it couldn't be done, but I did it."

Any evidence to the contrary will simply be "fake news."
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: January 07, 2019 08:59AM
Donnie threw the Kurds under the tank after having a chat with fellow dictator Erdogan. The national security staff has been working tirelessly to pull them back out from under the treads.
Date: January 07, 2019 12:00PM
cbelt3
Donnie threw the Kurds under the tank after having a chat with fellow dictator Erdogan. The national security staff has been working tirelessly to pull them back out from under the treads.

Nope. Dont buy into the idiotic reporters' propaganda.
It is Middle East, Byzantine chess is nothing that our media even tries to comprehend.
Kurds made a deal with Assad. UAE and Syrians are switching sides and are making their own deals with Assad. When Erdogan tried to set up a meet with Putin in Moscow to discuss moving his troops into Syria, he was told there was no time slot available on Putin's schedule.
Between Assad, the Israelis and the Russians, it is the Erdogan that ended up under a bus....

Erdogan has fired General Ismail Metin Temel, head of Turkey's 2nd Army in Syria...accised him of slowness in moving Turkish troops on the road to the key town of Manbij. As a result, Syrian forces got there first and blocked the road to Turkish troops.
[www.debka.com]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means, it is an end.
One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution;
one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship."
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: January 07, 2019 12:41PM
max,
Hey, thanks for clarifying. I will note that Erdogan really wants the Kurds to go away. Like, die. The Kurds really want Kurdistan back - a bit of Turkey, a bit of Iraq, a bit of Syria, and a whole lot of leave us the heck alone you bastards !

I still think Donnie threw them under the bus after his reported phone call with the Dictator of Turkey. His 'decision' was very rapid.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: January 07, 2019 01:09PM
cbelt3
I still think Donnie threw them under the bus after his reported phone call with the Dictator of Turkey. His 'decision' was very rapid.

I think this was all agreed to when Donnie Met Putie in Helsinki for The Big Sellout.
Date: January 07, 2019 01:59PM
Steve G.
I think this was all agreed to when Donnie Met Putie in Helsinki for The Big Sellout.

Voice of ignorance and proud of it....

cbelt3
max,
Hey, thanks for clarifying. I will note that Erdogan really wants the Kurds to go away. Like, die. The Kurds really want Kurdistan back - a bit of Turkey, a bit of Iraq, a bit of Syria, and a whole lot of leave us the heck alone you bastards !

Of course, the new Sultan of Istanbul wants all Kurds dead. And Kurds are doing it right, they are building their baby Kurdistans where they can, with every opportunity, unlike the Palestininas who will not accept anything unless all Jews die, the Kurds are building their country brick by brick. A Kurdistan in Iraq and now a Kurdistan in Syria....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means, it is an end.
One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution;
one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 96
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018