advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Prime Time Comedy: Trump Wants to Deliver Prime Time Address on Government Shutdown and Will Visit the Border
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: January 07, 2019 01:31PM
"The Million Muslim Drug Invasion Troops are approaching the border. Quick, I need 400 Billion Dollars!"

Trump Wants to Deliver Prime Time Address on Government Shutdown and Will Visit the Border
The White House announced that President Trump would travel to the southern border this week.

By Maggie Haberman, Michael M. Grynbaum and Eileen Sullivan
source: NYTimes
Jan. 7, 2019

President Trump wants to address the nation about the government shutdown on Tuesday night, and later in the week plans to travel to the southern border as part of his effort to persuade Americans of the need for a border wall — the sticking point in negotiations with Democrats who are eager to reopen shuttered agencies.

The White House did not immediately respond to questions about a request to television networks to carve out time for an Oval Office address. A person familiar with the request said the White House had asked to interrupt prime time programming on Tuesday.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders, the White House press secretary, announced Mr. Trump’s plans to travel to the border on Thursday, which would be the 20th day of the partial government shutdown if an agreement between Congress and the White House is not reached in the meantime.

Breathtaking isn't it? Chapter 9 shovels more clean coal into the steam boiler.

They've got tickets for the Cowboys-Rams playoff game.
Send our troops to border NOW!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Prime Time Comedy: Trump Wants to Deliver Prime Time Address on Government Shutdown and Will Visit the Border
Posted by: GGD
Date: January 07, 2019 01:38PM
I assume this trip to the border is to pick up the check from Mexico.

Or at least put a collections notice on their door.
Re: Prime Time Comedy: Trump Wants to Deliver Prime Time Address on Government Shutdown and Will Visit the Border
Date: January 07, 2019 01:40PM
GGD

You should post on this side more often.
Posted by: ArtP
Date: January 07, 2019 01:43PM
GGD

smiley-laughing001 HA!
Date: January 07, 2019 01:58PM
"I am pleased to inform you that I will Address the Nation on the Humanitarian and National Security crisis on our Southern Border. Tuesday night at 9:00 P.M. Eastern," Trump tweeted on Monday.
Buffoon
Posted by: prymsnap
Date: January 07, 2019 02:01PM
What I wouldn't give for any one of the networks to add a live fact-check.
Posted by: Pam
Date: January 07, 2019 02:03PM
prymsnap

Precisely why they shouldn't carry him live. His and his admin's continuous telling of easily fact checked lies negates any reason for airing him live.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 07, 2019 02:12PM
....he lies and he rambles.......would rather just get an update after a 'press conference'.......it is painful to listen to him speak for extended periods of time.......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: samintx
Date: January 07, 2019 02:29PM
smiley-laughing001
GGD

How did you know ....?

I’ll wait for the reruns

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2019 02:31PM by samintx.
Posted by: Acer
Date: January 07, 2019 02:32PM
He'll stick to the script for the address. He'll be cold and unTrumpian. The rambling will burst at 2 AM when he fires up twitter, like a Tourette's sufferer who holds back tics during important occasions but has to let it fly when he leaves the room.
Date: January 07, 2019 02:40PM
prymsnap

They should put it on a superbowl inspired delay so that they can censor out any "fact malfunctions", so that their innocent viewers aren't subjected to such shocking BS.

They should also run a split screen with every recorded time in chronological order that he has said "Mexico will pay for the wall", including time stamps on each.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: January 07, 2019 03:04PM
GGD
prymsnap

They should put it on a superbowl inspired delay so that they can censor out any "fact malfunctions", so that their innocent viewers aren't subjected to such shocking BS.

They should also run a split screen with every recorded time in chronological order that he has said "Mexico will pay for the wall", including time stamps on each.

"After further review, the president is full of @#$%&."
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: January 07, 2019 04:09PM
The networks are saying they may not give him airtime, so far only CNN and Fox have agreed to give airtime. It would not be the first time the networks declined to air a presidential address live. In 2014 they declined to give airtime for an Obama address on immigration.

[edition.cnn.com]

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Posted by: samintx
Date: January 07, 2019 04:55PM
Ombligo
The networks are saying they may not give him airtime, so far only CNN and Fox have agreed to give airtime. It would not be the first time the networks declined to air a presidential address live. In 2014 they declined to give airtime for an Obama address on immigration.

I don’t want my programs interrupted for his silly lies and freaky talk.
Date: January 07, 2019 05:51PM
The deep red states of Alabama and South Carolina will be watching ESPN, along with most of the football crazed South.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”

Date: January 07, 2019 05:56PM
Isn't the Big Game Monday and the speech Tuesday?
Posted by: sekker
Date: January 07, 2019 07:09PM
*yawn*. I can hear an hour of lies almost anywhere now that I have broadband and the Interwebs!
Date: January 07, 2019 07:31PM
Dennis S

Yeah, I hadn't noticed that Trump said Tuesday (I generally don't pay much attention to what he says)

Date: January 07, 2019 08:20PM
Ombligo
Dennis S

Yeah, I hadn't noticed that Trump said Tuesday (I generally don't pay much attention to what he says)

Of course he could have been lying.
Date: January 07, 2019 09:27PM
Ombligo
The networks are saying they may not give him airtime, so far only CNN and Fox have agreed to give airtime.

Maybe it should be exclusively broadcast on CSPAN.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 132
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018