AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
National Parks are now a libertarian paradise
Posted by: Acer
Date: January 07, 2019 02:45PM
Poop where you want!

[www.msn.com]

National parks face years of damage from government shutdown

After a 16-day government shutdown in 2013, the government faced massive public backlash as disappointed park visitors flooded social media with images showing closed gates at parks across the U.S.

Cause overflowing trashcans and portajohns are much better optics?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: National Parks are now a libertarian paradise
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: January 07, 2019 02:57PM
Libertarian <> Anarchist.

The current mess is completely down to the Trump administration having zero respect for an no care for the national park system. Their motto has always been "Privatize and strip mine it."
Posted by: hal
Date: January 07, 2019 03:02PM
I predicted this mess the day they announced that the parks would remain open. Breaks my heart... Yosemite is gonna be DAMNED smelly come summer time
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 07, 2019 03:03PM
......is this the END.................of the innocence......???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: January 07, 2019 03:06PM
Republicans will have a solution: privatize the parks.
Posted by: Acer
Date: January 07, 2019 03:22PM
Libertarianism relies on the integrity of the individual. Anarchism knows that trust is misplaced.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: January 07, 2019 04:41PM
hal
I predicted this mess the day they announced that the parks would remain open. Breaks my heart... Yosemite is gonna be DAMNED smelly come summer time

Congrats on your prediction coming true. Have you been in touch with your Senators and Congressfolks to tell them that you're ticked off about it?

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: hal
Date: January 07, 2019 05:17PM
rjmacs
hal

Congrats on your prediction coming true. Have you been in touch with your Senators and Congressfolks to tell them that you're ticked off about it?

why the snark?
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: January 07, 2019 05:23PM
hal
rjmacs
hal

why the snark?

It's not fair, hal, and I apologize. I live in a place where political speculation is rampant but political engagement is weak. It gets tiring hearing brilliant observations and predictions from folks who see the whole thing as a sport or game, or at least who talk as though it is.

I vented that frustration unfairly toward you. I'm in touch with my congressional reps a lot these days, and I'm sure they get tired of hearing from me, but it's so important that people do it. For all I know, you're already doing what you can - throwing barbs your way isn't helpful.

Anyway, I hope they close the parks soon. I fear for the people and wildlife who cannot escape the damage being done by visitors, and the legacy of destruction to come.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: Rolando
Date: January 07, 2019 10:28PM
How about we rename a dump "Ayn Rand National Park"

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"Trump is a moron." -- Steve G.

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."
-- Edmund Burke
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." Theodore Roosevelt (1918)
Posted by: TheCaber
Date: January 08, 2019 11:29AM
I propose that we GoFundMe a "Trump Memorial Dump" porta-potty strategically placed near 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. It is sure to impress.

=TC
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 302
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018