advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Democrat false flag operation uncovered in Alabama
Posted by: hal
Date: January 07, 2019 03:35PM
[www.nytimes.com]

The “Dry Alabama” Facebook page, illustrated with stark images of car wrecks and videos of families ruined by drink, had a blunt message: Alcohol is the devil’s work, and the state should ban it entirely.

Along with a companion Twitter feed, the Facebook page appeared to be the work of Baptist teetotalers who supported the Republican, Roy S. Moore, in the 2017 Alabama Senate race. “Pray for Roy Moore,” one tweet exhorted.

In fact, the Dry Alabama campaign, not previously reported, was the stealth creation of progressive Democrats who were out to defeat Mr. Moore — the second such secret effort to be unmasked. In a political bank shot made in the last two weeks of the campaign, they thought associating Mr. Moore with calls for a statewide alcohol ban would hurt him with moderate, business-oriented Republicans and assist the Democrat, Doug Jones, who won the special election by a hair-thin margin.

Matt Osborne, a veteran progressive activist who worked on the project, said he hoped that such deceptive tactics would someday be banned from American politics. But in the meantime, he said, he believes that Republicans are using such trickery and that Democrats cannot unilaterally give it up.

“If you don’t do it, you’re fighting with one hand tied behind your back,” said Mr. Osborne, a writer and consultant who lives outside Florence, Ala. “You have a moral imperative to do this — to do whatever it takes.”
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Democrat false flag operation uncovered in Alabama
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: January 07, 2019 04:34PM
I hate everything about this.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: January 07, 2019 04:35PM
So instead of figuring out how to secure the boat against further leaks, some caused by their foes at the stern drilling holes to gain advantage, the tactician made the only logical move he knew: buy bigger drills and work them harder and faster, before the enemies sink their end of the boat FIRST.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: January 07, 2019 04:37PM
Score:

R - 375
D - 15
Posted by: timg
Date: January 07, 2019 04:40PM
Is anyone actually surprised by this? The mentality on both sides has become "win at ANY cost".

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship. Imagination without skill is Modern Art.
Date: January 07, 2019 04:58PM
timg
Is anyone actually surprised by this? The mentality on both sides has become "win at ANY cost".

I don't recall the Democrats colluding with Russians to win an election.
Date: January 07, 2019 05:06PM
timg

I agree - the guy that did it even says that he wishes it were illegal, but if THEY are gonna do, I'm gonna do it.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: January 07, 2019 05:17PM
Dennis S
Score:

R - 375
D - 15

If you and hal don't think this undermines and hurts the Democrats, I think you're mistaken.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: Ted King
Date: January 07, 2019 05:21PM
Lemon Drop
I hate everything about this.

Date: January 07, 2019 05:41PM
rjmacs
Dennis S
Score:

R - 375
D - 15

If you and hal don't think this undermines and hurts the Democrats, I think you're mistaken.

how did I get locked into this - why are you after me today?
Date: January 07, 2019 05:53PM
Dennis S
timg

If the opportunity presented itself to the democrats, they would probably have taken it.

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship. Imagination without skill is Modern Art.
Date: January 07, 2019 05:57PM
timg
Dennis S
timg

If the opportunity presented itself to the democrats, they would probably have taken it.

That's pretty weak sauce you're trying to serve, there.
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: January 07, 2019 06:02PM
I don't think the Democrats are pretty fond of the Russians, and vice versa. And while they're no saints, Democrats seem to engage in less shenanigans than Republicans.
Date: January 07, 2019 07:33PM
Dennis S
timg
Dennis S
timg

I'm not serving anything. I'm also not buying your idea that the democrats are above this. Politicians are politicians.

Posted by: davester
Date: January 07, 2019 07:42PM
timg
Dennis S
timg

If it was a legal tactic, then perhaps they might. Otherwise, highly unlikely. However, it's a crime and only a criminal would pursue this tactic. Your boy is a criminal who doesn't give a damn about legality and in fact has spent his entire life breaking or skirting the law to advantage himself.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: January 07, 2019 07:52PM
Is there a Democratic “Roger Stone”?
Date: January 07, 2019 07:59PM
davester
timg
Dennis S
timg

If it was a legal tactic, then perhaps they might. Otherwise, highly unlikely. However, it's a crime and only a criminal would pursue this tactic. Your boy is a criminal who doesn't give a damn about legality and in fact has spent his entire life breaking or skirting the law to advantage himself.

My "boy"? Who is my "boy"? I don't have a side in this, let alone a "boy".

It's interesting that anyone who presents a point of view that doesn't fall lock step into the crowd here is labeled as a Trump supporter.

Posted by: pdq
Date: January 07, 2019 08:01PM
timg
Dennis S
timg
Dennis S
timg

I'm not serving anything. I'm also not buying your idea that the democrats are above this. Politicians are politicians.

This goes back a ways, but in 2000, the Gore campaign received confidential materials about Bush debate prep anonymously in the mail.

They immediately called the FBI.
Date: January 07, 2019 08:05PM
pdq
timg
Dennis S
timg
Dennis S
timg

This goes back a ways, but in 2000, the Gore campaign received confidential materials about Bush debate prep anonymously in the mail.

They were probably afraid it was an attempt to frame them for something ... smiling smiley

as they say in the SEC .... if you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'

too many politicians live by those words these days.

Posted by: mattkime
Date: January 07, 2019 08:06PM
I'm 100% for this. as long as this is exploited by only one side nothing will change. We have a lot of laws in our society that are exploited only by a few and aren't patched up for this reason. Sometimes you need a good race to the bottom before things change.

Posted by: max
Date: January 07, 2019 08:59PM
Carnos Jax
I don't think the Democrats are pretty fond of the Russians, and vice versa. And while they're no saints, Democrats seem to engage in less shenanigans than Republicans.

Sure, this and Podesta papers to the contrary.

Talk about swilling Koolaide by a barrel....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means, it is an end.
One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution;
one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship."
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: January 07, 2019 09:04PM
I would like to see it made illegal.

I agree with Dennis S, I think instances of it happening are done by Repubs by nearly a magnitude. IIRC there were at least 5 instances of conservatives/Repubs running false flags that came out in the national news before November. Consider gerrymandering, voter suppression, voter intimidation, voter fraud (9 out of 10 are done by Repubs even though they complain about it more), and purging people from voter roles that are more likely to be dems. Repubs have to cheat to win.

In tha 360. [url=Zee Maps Now requires a subscription/payment to work]MRF User Map[/url]
Date: January 07, 2019 09:15PM
Bullcrap, there is no difference between the blue mafia or the red mafia....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means, it is an end.
Date: January 07, 2019 09:24PM
Bullcrap: there is no difference between the blue mafia or the red mafia....
Date: January 07, 2019 09:32PM
Dennis S

That is one time you got something right, Dennis....

Date: January 07, 2019 09:41PM
max
Dennis S

That is one time you got something right, Dennis....

You're not real big on punctuation, are you? (I shouldn't expect the man, from Texas, no less, who can't spell "y'all" to be.)
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: January 07, 2019 10:02PM
max
Sure, this and Podesta papers to the contrary.

Talk about swilling Koolaide by a barrel....

Voice of ignorance and proud of it....
Posted by: deckeda
Date: January 07, 2019 10:40PM
timg
pdq
timg
Dennis S
timg
Dennis S
timg

They were probably afraid it was an attempt to frame them for something ... smiling smiley

He literally gave you a good example and every comment of yours here is along the lines of, “they all do it.” Some folks need an ironclad guarantee of ultimate fidelity before they’ll back off from an assertion that *all* people are corrupt. This is what being a conservative is about, apparently: cynics to the core.
Date: January 07, 2019 10:44PM
How about this: They all do it (to some extent). At this point in history (since Nixon), Republicans are doing it a whole lot more.
Date: January 07, 2019 11:38PM
deckeda
timg
pdq
timg
Dennis S
timg
Dennis S
timg

He literally gave you a good example and every comment of yours here is along the lines of, “they all do it.” Some folks need an ironclad guarantee of ultimate fidelity before they’ll back off from an assertion that *all* people are corrupt. This is what being a conservative is about, apparently: cynics to the core.

Seriously? How is someone getting information anonymously through the mail the same? They didn't go out and acquire this, it came to them unsolicited. That would make almost any criminal nervous that they were being setup.

You really need a sense of humor dude.

Date: January 08, 2019 12:03AM
There you go speculating what the Democrats would have done again.
Date: January 08, 2019 01:06AM
Dennis S
There you go speculating what the Democrats would have done again.

Sorry. I thought that's what the internet was for ... smiling smiley

Date: January 08, 2019 01:10AM
timg
pdq
timg
Dennis S
timg
Dennis S
timg

Neither the motive, nor your imagined opinion regarding the motive is relevant. For whatever reason, there's little evidence that the dems break the law in order to win but ample evidence that the repubs (and notably the Trump campaign) do it over and over again, unapologetically.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: January 08, 2019 07:13AM

“You have a moral imperative to do this — to do whatever it takes.”

The moral imperative to behave amorally. Free shipping and comes with a bonus extra slippery slope. Get Steal yours today.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2019 07:14AM by Blankity Blank.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: January 08, 2019 07:56AM
[gis.washington.edu]

"It might be instructive to start with his background. My friends, have you ever accidentally dislodged a rock on the ground and seen what was underneath ? Well, exploring my opponent's background is dissimilar. All the slime and filth and corruption you could possibly imagine, even in your wildest dreams, are glaringly nonexistent in this man's life. And even during his childhood !

Let us take a very quick look at that childhood: It is a known fact that, on a number of occasions, he emulated older boys at a certain playground. It is also known that his parents not only permitted him to masticate excessively in their presence, but even urged him to do so. Most explicable of all, this man who poses as a paragon of virtue exacerbated his own sister while they were both teenagers !

I ask you, my fellow Americans: is this the kind of person we want in public office to set an example for our youth ? Of course, it's not surprising that he should have such a typically pristine background -- no, not when you consider the other members of his family:

His female relatives put on a constant pose of purity and innocence, and claim they are inscrutable, yet every one of them has taken part in hortatory activities
The men in the family are likewise completely amenable to moral suasion
My opponent's second cousin is a Mormon
His uncle was a flagrant heterosexual"
Date: January 08, 2019 08:32AM
davester
timg
pdq
timg
Dennis S
timg
Dennis S
timg

Neither the motive, nor your imagined opinion regarding the motive is relevant. For whatever reason, there's little evidence that the dems break the law in order to win but ample evidence that the repubs (and notably the Trump campaign) do it over and over again, unapologetically.

Are you seriously that naive? and what motive and opinion are you talking about?

Date: January 08, 2019 08:34AM
cbelt3
[gis.washington.edu]

"It might be instructive to start with his background. My friends, have you ever accidentally dislodged a rock on the ground and seen what was underneath ? Well, exploring my opponent's background is dissimilar. All the slime and filth and corruption you could possibly imagine, even in your wildest dreams, are glaringly nonexistent in this man's life. And even during his childhood !

Let us take a very quick look at that childhood: It is a known fact that, on a number of occasions, he emulated older boys at a certain playground. It is also known that his parents not only permitted him to masticate excessively in their presence, but even urged him to do so. Most explicable of all, this man who poses as a paragon of virtue exacerbated his own sister while they were both teenagers !

I ask you, my fellow Americans: is this the kind of person we want in public office to set an example for our youth ? Of course, it's not surprising that he should have such a typically pristine background -- no, not when you consider the other members of his family:

His female relatives put on a constant pose of purity and innocence, and claim they are inscrutable, yet every one of them has taken part in hortatory activities

Thanks! That was a fun read and educational to boot!

Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: January 08, 2019 10:03AM
cbelt3
[gis.washington.edu]

And he was known to associate openly with admitted thespians!
Posted by: $tevie
Date: January 08, 2019 12:39PM
This thread has all the feel of a planned deflection from the OP. I know it's not but it sure looks like it.

Posted by: Janit
Date: January 08, 2019 01:00PM
DeusxMac
cbelt3
[gis.washington.edu]

And he was known to associate openly with admitted thespians!

Not to mention that he has been known to show his epidermis in public.
Date: January 08, 2019 02:30PM
timg
davester
timg
pdq
timg
Dennis S
timg
Dennis S
timg

Are you seriously that naive? and what motive and opinion are you talking about?

1. No.
2. The motive that you opined on, which was the fear that they could be framed.
Why is this not obvious to you?

Date: January 08, 2019 02:45PM
$tevie
This thread has all the feel of a planned deflection from the OP. I know it's not but it sure looks like it.

it's run completely off the rails... people here are NUTS!

...and I mean that in a good way :-)
Date: January 08, 2019 03:29PM
davester
timg
davester
timg
pdq
timg
Dennis S
timg
Dennis S
timg

1. No.
2. The motive that you opined on, which was the fear that they could be framed.
Why is this not obvious to you?

I didn't opine on anything. That was humor. You need some in your life apparently.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 209
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018