advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Paul Manafort’s lawyers bungle redactions on new legal filing
Posted by: $tevie
Date: January 08, 2019 12:58PM
Attorneys for Paul Manafort incorrectly redacted portions of their latest filings, leaving the secrets that had been redacted open to discovery by anyone with a computer mouse.

As noticed by Mike Scarcella of Law.com, the redacted portions of the new filings in Manafort’s case can be accessed by copying and pasting the portions that are blacked out.

[www.rawstory.com]

NEW: Paul Manafort's attorneys failed to properly redact their filing. They reveal that Mueller alleges Manafort "lied about sharing polling data with Mr. Kilimnik related to the 2016 presidential campaign". Konstantin Kilimnik has alleged ties to Russian intelligence.
[twitter.com]

You can copy the black highlighted “redactions” in the Manafort team’s filing, paste it somewhere else, and see what it says. Here’s the first one. (Includes automatic download link to pdf of document).
[twitter.com]

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Paul Manafort’s lawyers bungle redactions on new legal filing
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 08, 2019 02:09PM
....uh, wow....what a huge mistake......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: January 08, 2019 02:53PM
Could this cause a mistrial or for the whole thing to be thrown out?
Posted by: michaelb
Date: January 08, 2019 03:27PM
Dennis S
Could this cause a mistrial or for the whole thing to be thrown out?

No, he is pending sentencing; here the Judge may just yell at Manafort's lawyers for incompetence.

I opened the doc in our PDF editor. I had always thought PDFs were printed docs, from way back, and hadn't really thought through that PDFs likely created by word were still editable. So I can edit and change the text using the advance editing text tool, and I can delete the black bars they used to mask the text by using the advanced object selection tool. Cutting and pasting also works, including for the PDF as displayed in a browser.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: January 08, 2019 03:45PM
"No collusion!" "No collusion!" "No collusion!" "No collusion!" "No collusion!" "No collusion!" "No collusion!" "No collusion!" "No collusion!" "No collusion!" "No collusion!" "No collusion!" "No collusion!" "No collusion!" "No collusion!" "No collusion!" "No collusion!" "No collusion!" "No collusion!" "No collusion!" "No collusion!" "No collusion!" "No collusion!" "No collusion!" "No collusion!" "No collusion!" "No collusion!" "No collusion!" "No collusion!" "No collusion!" "No collusion!" "No collusion!"
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: January 08, 2019 03:57PM
Classic PDF mistake. I think there was an incident a decade or so ago with a classified document like that....
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: January 08, 2019 04:40PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 247
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018