advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
"1958 TV Show Had Conman ‘Trump’ Selling Mystical ‘Wall’ To Hysterical Townspeople"
Posted by: Ted King
Date: January 10, 2019 01:55PM
I'd have to copy the whole thing to do justice to this really absurd coincidence of an old TV show and present reality:

[talkingpointsmemo.com]

[snippet]

Snopes did the fact-checking legwork: In the episode, “Dr. Walter Trump, DU MC SSR” — or “Doctor of the Universe, Master of Cometry, Student of Stellar Reactions” — whips a western town into a frenzy by tricking its residents into believing they’ll be wiped out by a meteor shower before the day is done.

As protection, he sells parasols with drawn-on mystical symbols, calling them a “wall” that can magically repel danger.

Eventually — despite Trump’s threat of a lawsuit — the show’s protagonist, Texas Ranger Hoby Gilman, reveals that Trump is a fraud who’s in cahoots with the town’s sheriff, and midnight passes without any meteor-related deaths. Trump ends up dead, shot by the sheriff in an attempt to cover up the scheme.

The episode is full of relevant dialogue: “I bet it fits,” Gilman says at one point of the name “Trump.” Elsewhere, a judge warns the ranger: “I live here, I know these people pretty well, and right now there’s nothing in the world that can change their minds [about Trump] — and anybody who tries to could end up getting hurt. They’re not going to listen.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2019 02:00PM by Ted King.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: "1958 TV Show Had Conman ‘Trump’ Selling Mystical ‘Wall’ To Hysterical Townspeople"
Posted by: Pam
Date: January 10, 2019 02:30PM
For some reason your post reminded me of Konbach [www.kansascity.com]
Re: "1958 TV Show Had Conman ‘Trump’ Selling Mystical ‘Wall’ To Hysterical Townspeople"
Posted by: steve...
Date: January 10, 2019 02:44PM
That's crazy! We're veering into the Twilight Zone.

Northern California Coast
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: January 10, 2019 05:19PM
That is CRRRAZZZY!!!

Full Episode... [www.youtube.com]

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 232
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018