advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
What and how much will Mueller talk about after he is done as Special Prosecutor?
Posted by: Ted King
Date: January 11, 2019 09:12PM
Of course, Mueller won't be able to talk about things that he discovered as prosecutor that are under seal by the courts or are national security secrets, but how much would he be limited beyond that to testify before Congress and in just plain old interviews by journalists? Will he just clam up because he feels it is the proper thing to do - even if Trump manages to quash his investigation/report?

I'd love to hear him tell a narrative of what he thinks has happened based on the evidence he uncovered - hopefully he will do essentially that in the way he writes his report that is in turn made public. And especially with respect to Putin mucking around with our democracy, I'd love to hear what he thinks we should do about it.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: What and how much will Mueller talk about after he is done as Special Prosecutor?
Posted by: mattkime
Date: January 11, 2019 10:05PM
He’ll be the new rachel ray

Re: What and how much will Mueller talk about after he is done as Special Prosecutor?
Posted by: hal
Date: January 11, 2019 10:17PM
I can't imagine he'd want to talk about it at all and would probably hope to get back to normal life asap.
Posted by: Pam
Date: January 12, 2019 05:50AM
Neal Katyal wrote the book on special counsels. Read his thread on twitter. It explains a lot [twitter.com]
Posted by: deckeda
Date: January 12, 2019 11:38AM
Thanks Pam. Good breakdown.

Of course, those currently in charge have the power to declare "under established Departmental practices" simply don't apply, for whatever made up reason, and will do their best to have the court of Public Opinion sway whatever Congress might or might not do.

Given what we know about McConnell, I don't see an easy road for any of this, regardless Special Counsel reports.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: January 12, 2019 01:40PM
Pam
Neal Katyal wrote the book on special counsels. Read his thread on twitter. It explains a lot [twitter.com]

Thanks. I didn't know about the rules where there is mandatory reporting to Congress if the AG overrules the Special Counsel. That is a big deal for sure.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2019 01:42PM by Ted King.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: January 12, 2019 09:51PM
Pam

Thanks, Pam, that made my day more smile worthy. It would be nice if Neal Katyal would be invited on the Shame Hannity Faux News show to explain this to all the sheeple.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: January 12, 2019 10:25PM
It's hard, in this day and age, to believe that Mueller won't write a book. Of course, he's not like most of the people in DC so perhaps I shouldn't be surprised if he does not. But I will be surprised, anyhow.

Posted by: samintx
Date: January 13, 2019 07:50AM
I’m sure he will be offered big bucks for a book and TV BUT I don’t think he will bite. He will stay mum.

He will be invited to many many parties winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 256
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018