advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
F/U To Melania's Bullied Guest
Posted by: p8712
Date: February 06, 2019 06:06AM
Here's a thousand words.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2019 07:20AM by p8712.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: F/U To Meniana's Bullied Guest
Posted by: deckeda
Date: February 06, 2019 06:43AM
YESSSSS!
Re: F/U To Melania's Bullied Guest
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: February 06, 2019 08:00AM
....her husband is a melanoma.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: February 06, 2019 08:48AM
Poor kid. Abused at school because his family name is the same as the orange toddler in the white house. Gets invited to an important speech by the First Lady, which really is an honor no matter who she is. Is probably so damn revved up by all the hoopla that he didn't sleep last night. Sitting in a too warm room, so of COURSE he will Z out.

And now he's being bullied by a buttload of adults on Twitter. And I'm sure his life will be hell at school.

As a guy who was ruthlessly bullied throughout school, I'm ashamed at all the adults who are using him to win political points. Leave him alone !
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: February 06, 2019 09:04AM
cbelt3
Poor kid. Abused at school because his family name is the same as the orange toddler in the white house. Gets invited to an important speech by the First Lady, which really is an honor no matter who she is. Is probably so damn revved up by all the hoopla that he didn't sleep last night. Sitting in a too warm room, so of COURSE he will Z out.

And now he's being bullied by a buttload of adults on Twitter. And I'm sure his life will be hell at school.

As a guy who was ruthlessly bullied throughout school, I'm ashamed at all the adults who are using him to win political points. Leave him alone !

I agree cbelt.
The poor kid is being used. And the Trumps' own son, who is older than this boy, is not even present. I think Melania was using this kid as a proxy for Barron - telling people to leave him alone. Which they should, of course.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: February 06, 2019 10:27AM
cbelt3
... And now he's being bullied by a buttload of adults on Twitter. ...

Um, I'm pretty sure you wholly misunderstand.

The Twitter (and other comments) are not making fun of the kid, but instead of the situation and of how he was used ineffectively to help with awareness.

And yeah I'd completely expect the kid to not want *any* more attention paid to him. He's asleep! He ain't interested in some grandiose "idea" to "somehow" reduce bullying. Maybe when he's older, and can actively work to affect some change, like Melania is somehow, somewhere, in some random, vague way supposed to be doing??

One common sentiment expressed on Twitter, "he is all of us" sums it up, I think.
Posted by: p8712
Date: February 06, 2019 10:57AM
cbelt3

My bully beat up an 88 year old man in a wheelchair, when he was 30.

You and I are winning life.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: February 06, 2019 02:20PM
deck.... kids will bully him for doing anything unusual at the speech. His power nap will haunt him for the rest of his school life.
Posted by: bfd
Date: February 06, 2019 03:40PM
Yep, poor kid just got signed up for a lifetime of bullying with that nap. Of course, bullying these days can be just about anything that isn't an ass-kissing event. Side-eye? You're bullying me! Interrupt someone? You're bullying me! Laughing at a kid because of their name? You're bullying me!

Imagine the parents … You're get invited to the !@#$% SOTU and you fall asleep?!?!?

Hey! You're bullying me

Aside from feeling a bit sorry for the kid's circumstances, the whole affair comes off as a case of absolutely natural consequences.

Sometimes, one needs to channel Nancy Reagan, and Just Say No or at least try to channel the orange lady and Be Best

At least he doesn't have to go home to a cage on the border.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 297
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018