advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Democrats working all out to mopolize the blackface market....
Posted by: max
Date: February 07, 2019 11:58AM
The racist roots of the Democratic party just keep on popping up and up.
First, it was Virginia, the governor, the attorney general and the intolerant, shrill voice of Joy Behar....

The Wrap media editor Jon Levine resurfaced an old clip of "The View" on Wednesday in which hosts, including Joy Behar, discuss Behar's past use of blackface for a Halloween costume.
Video of the 2016 episode posted by Levine shows Behar discussing the photo in a joking manner with then-co-hosts including Raven-Symone, who asked Behar: "Joy, are you black?"
"Joy — are you my auntie, Joy?" the "That's So Raven" star, who is black, jokes in the video. "Did you have tanning lotion on, Joy?"
Behar responds, admitting that she used makeup "that was a little bit darker than my skin."

But that is OK, as long as we are doing it.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means, it is an end.
One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution;
one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship."
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Democrats working all out to mopolize the blackface market....
Posted by: mattkime
Date: February 07, 2019 12:03PM
link??

Posted by: Ombligo
Date: February 07, 2019 12:33PM
Blackface has become this year's MeToo

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: February 07, 2019 04:56PM
In non-footnote news:

auditions continue for 'America's Got No Talent'
Re: Democrats working all out to mopolize the blackface market.
Posted by: pdq
Date: February 07, 2019 05:20PM
Not sure what “mopolize” is supposed to mean, but the current Republican leader of the Virginia Senate edited a Virginia Military Institute yearbook which was apparently full of folks in blackface, as well as confederate flags and some interesting verbiage related to both black folks and Asians - WHAT a surprise.

...and while Northam (who was a Republican before he switched parties to run for guv) and the like are apologizing and fearing for their political lives from the Dem side for their past racism, this Republican leader says pointing out the yearbook he edited is just “political” and an attempt at diversion.

m’Kay, then.

RollingEyesSmiley5

(BTW, Northam still needs to go, but he’s rumored to be considering switching parties - again - so as to be amongst folks that are not so sensitive to such matters, apparently...)
Posted by: $tevie
Date: February 07, 2019 06:37PM
I love how Norment says he never saw any of this stuff in the yearbook HE was the editor of.

A Virginia Military Institute spokesman, Stewart D. MacInnis, confirmed to NBC News that Norment was managing editor of the 1968 yearbook.

There are multiple photos of students wearing blackface in the yearbook, which also contained the N-word. A student from Thailand was referred to in the yearbook as a "@#$%&" and "@#$%&," while a caption under another student's picture referred to him as the "Barracks Jew," the Daily Press reported.
[www.nbcnews.com]

Posted by: max
Date: February 09, 2019 05:05PM
Steve G.
I cannot argue the evils of the Democratic Party's innate racism

pdq
Not sure what “mopolize” is supposed to mean,

RollingEyesSmiley5
Sure, sure, that was too difficult to get, without everything being spelled out for the weak minded...

And then we get the usual pdq excuses for the Democratic Party's native structural racism:
pdq
..but the current Republican leader of the Virginia Senate edited a Virginia Military Institute yearbook which was apparently full of folks in blackface , as well as confederate flags and some interesting verbiage related to both black folks and Asians - WHAT a surprise....
"Dont look at me, lplease, please dont look at me and my racism, look Republicans are as bad".

Riiiiight, pdq, that is your party...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means, it is an end.
One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution;
one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship."
Posted by: pdq
Date: February 09, 2019 08:09PM
No max, today’s Republicans are worse, and everyone knows it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 312
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018