advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Cindy McCain apologizes after police refute her story of stopping human trafficking at airport
Posted by: hal
Date: February 07, 2019 01:13PM
Cindy McCain apologizes after police refute her story of stopping human trafficking at airport

what a twit! She just made up a story and told it to the press.

“I came in from a trip I’d been on and I spotted — it looked odd — it was a woman of a different ethnicity than the child, this little toddler she had, and something didn’t click with me,” McCain told KTAR News 92.3 FM.

“I went over to the police and told them what I saw, and they went over and questioned her, and, by God, she was trafficking that kid,” she added, noting that the woman was “waiting for the guy who bought the child to get off an airplane.”

But police said on Wednesday that McCain’s claims weren’t correct and there was no attempt at human trafficking.

Sgt. Armando Carbajal told KTAR that after officers investigated the matter promptly at the request of McCain, including running a welfare check on a child, they found “no evidence of criminal conduct or child endangerment.”

Cindy McCain apologized Wednesday after Phoenix police disputed her claim that she stopped a human trafficking attempt at an airport.

“I commend the police officers for their diligence. I apologize if anything else I have said on this matter distracts from ‘if you see something, say something,’” McCain wrote on Twitter.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Cindy McCain apologizes after police refute her story of stopping human trafficking at airport
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: February 07, 2019 01:19PM
.....in this environment with the ***** in the WH......it has become the norm.....to just lie......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Re: Cindy McCain apologizes after police refute her story of stopping human trafficking at airport
Posted by: hal
Date: February 07, 2019 01:27PM
It really galls me that she didn't even apologize to the stranger whose life got turned upside down for a short time.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: February 07, 2019 04:24PM
hal
“I came in from a trip I’d been on and I spotted — it looked odd — it was a woman of a different ethnicity than the child...

That right there is where she showed that she's a racist.

Posted by: Speedy
Date: February 07, 2019 04:38PM
hal
It really galls me that she didn't even apologize to the stranger whose life got turned upside down for a short time.

Entitlement.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: February 07, 2019 05:04PM
hal
it looked odd — it was a woman of a different ethnicity than the child, this little toddler she had, and something didn’t click with me,

I'm sure it looked odd to voters in the 2000 primaries, too, Cindy.

She of all people should be sensitive to this @#$%&.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2019 05:10PM by Lux Interior.
Posted by: pdq
Date: February 07, 2019 05:25PM
I know a (white) man who, with his wife, adopted a black child. Once they were at the park and the kid had a tantrum, and so this man had to literally pick him up and put him in the car.

The police called at his home shortly thereafter, because of a report of a child abduction.

These things happen.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: February 07, 2019 06:40PM
What makes this story really weird is

Republican Senator John McCain with his wife Cindy and adopted daughter Bridget
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: February 07, 2019 07:13PM
$tevie
What makes this story really weird is

Republican Senator John McCain with his wife Cindy and adopted daughter Bridget

exactly!
Mrs. McCain has been under a lot of stress this past year, I think it may be taking a toll. This seems really out of character for her.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 297
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018