advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Focus
Posted by: vision63
Date: February 08, 2019 01:28PM
Who's trying to be a Native American, who is a hundred year ago racist, who prosecuted this one, who was mean to that one = deliberate distractions designed to divide, create doubt and shatter focus...

Which leads eventually to this:

The lowest-paid shutdown workers aren’t getting back pay
[www.washingtonpost.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Focus
Posted by: JoeH
Date: February 08, 2019 01:43PM
Yep.

I don't recall if it started or just accelerated during the Reagan years, but this is all part of the "private industry can do it better" approach taken by the GOP and business friendly Democrats over the past 4 or more decades. Contract out the services, businesses get to take off a portion as profit and most of the workers get paid less than if they were government employees. In addition they get no protection from such shutdowns. Most they can get is possibly unemployment benefits if such extends long enough.

The worst of it, many studies have shown that in most cases businesses don't do it better, and do end up costing more.
Posted by: Acer
Date: February 08, 2019 01:52PM
If it could done for a profit, with same benefit for every American as it has now, the private sector would have done it in the first place. Not true all the time, but it should be the first point considered before privatizing.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: February 08, 2019 02:11PM
the poor always shoulder the biggest burden, but this is just ridiculous. maybe they should walk out on a particularly "patriotic" day and see how that goes.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: February 08, 2019 04:31PM
I believe the point of the OP is that these people are going to lose their power, their heat, maybe their homes because our elitist quest for a saint allowed a @#$%& to become President.

Date: February 08, 2019 07:27PM
Precisely
Posted by: bfd
Date: February 10, 2019 01:29PM
Colliefornya did the same thing when they excommunicated Gray Davis from the Governor's Mansion and replaced him with Ahnalt. Fortunately for the rest of us, he married a genius of a wife (Maria Shriver) who tempered most of his proclivities …

In Donhalt's case, all we got was a partner who admittedly - if we believe some of her fashion statements - doesn't care.
Date: February 10, 2019 05:13PM
bfd
Colliefornya did the same thing when they excommunicated Gray Davis from the Governor's Mansion and replaced him with Ahnalt. Fortunately for the rest of us, he married a genius of a wife (Maria Shriver) who tempered most of his proclivities …

In Donhalt's case, all we got was a partner who admittedly - if we believe some of her fashion statements - doesn't care.

Yes, that was a travesty. Initiated by his proposal to raise DMV fees. I'm not a person that believes in recalls even a little bit. (My only exception would be Trump). In my opinion that was the spark that eventually led to the recession and financial crisis. Maria was a good presence, but I think Arnold is a moderate Democrat that paraded around as a fiscal Republican. He learned that Republicans don't allow that anymore.

I remember when his 4 Initiatives package failed. The main opposition PAC was the Nurses Union (which blew them up), which became extremely influential as a key promoter and backer of Bernie Sanders' campaign.

Everything begats something else. Ya never know.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 303
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018