advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Cheeto mocks Trail of Tears
Posted by: samintx
Date: February 11, 2019 12:41PM
[www.nytimes.com]

Another memorable quote from the great one.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Cheeto mocks Trail of Tears
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: February 11, 2019 12:47PM
Someone who loves themselves THAT much has zero love (or respect) for anyone else. No surprises, really.

People.. you keep acting like he's a politician. He's not. He's worse. WAY worse.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: February 11, 2019 12:49PM
samintx
[www.nytimes.com]

frankly, i don't think 45 had a clue about the historical significance of the Trail of Tears. he was merely thinking of simple words related to cowboys, indians, and the wild west. his ignorance is immense.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2019 12:51PM by graylocks.
Posted by: hal
Date: February 11, 2019 12:56PM
graylocks
samintx
[www.nytimes.com]

frankly, i don't think 45 had a clue about the historical significance of the Trail of Tears. he was merely thinking of simple words related to cowboys, indians, and the wild west. his ignorance is immense.

I agree - he was referring to the campaign trail. This is a guy that says, 'gee, we sure could use some global warming today' as a whistle to his base. They hear that stupid stuff and love it. Does anyone really think he thinks his base would recognize that as a whistle? Liberals are too sensitive.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: February 11, 2019 01:05PM
Same moron who said his unprotected sexual exploits with various models was his 'personal Vietnam'.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: February 11, 2019 01:17PM
Hard to be sure if Cheeto Benito was talking about Trail of Tears. Warren wasn't near the historic location that day and his other Twits that day weren't about that area.

In tha 360. [url=Zee Maps Now requires a subscription/payment to work]MRF User Map[/url]
Posted by: Acer
Date: February 11, 2019 01:18PM
I'm going with Hanlon's Razor on this one.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: February 11, 2019 01:28PM
OTOH he's a huge fan of Andrew Jackson, whose Indian removal policies created the Trail of Tears and led to the deaths of over 5,000 Cherokees. Warren claimed association with the Cherokee. Jackson was also a slaveholder.

I'm cynical enough about 45 to believe he knew exactly what he was saying. Trump sees himself as driving the brown people out and certainly as driving Warren out while on the "TRAIL."

It wouldn't be the first time he's evoked genocide when taking jabs at Warren. If he knows about Bighorn and Wounded Knee, he knows about the Trail of Tears.

Mr. Trump, who has repeatedly referred to Ms. Warren as “Pocahontas,” did so again on Twitter on Sunday, then took it a step further, writing that if Ms. Warren “did this commercial from Bighorn or Wounded Knee instead of her kitchen, with her husband dressed in full Indian garb, it would have been a smash!”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2019 01:30PM by Lemon Drop.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: February 11, 2019 02:18PM
Acer
I'm going with Hanlon's Razor on this one.

agree smiley

Campaign Trail
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: February 11, 2019 02:22PM
He couldn't possibly be so quick witted as to invoke that. On the other hand, if someone else writes his tweets, it is possible.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2019 02:22PM by mrbigstuff.
Date: February 11, 2019 02:33PM
It's more obvious that he DOES mean a specific type of TRAIL because the TWEET is about belittling HER claims of INDIAN heritage that's why the ALL CAPS.
It would be weird if he means only "campaign trail." That wouldn't even make sense in context.
Posted by: hal
Date: February 11, 2019 03:31PM
Lemon Drop
It's more obvious that he DOES mean a specific type of TRAIL because the TWEET is about belittling HER claims of INDIAN heritage that's why the ALL CAPS.
It would be weird if he means only "campaign trail." That wouldn't even make sense in context.

He was talking about her announcement of a campaign, but he thinks he can kick her ass on the TRAIL. He's saying, 'sure... anyone can ANNOUNCE a campaign, but I'll see YOU little lady on the TRAIL.'
Date: February 11, 2019 03:43PM
hal
Lemon Drop

He was talking about her announcement of a campaign, but he thinks he can kick her ass on the TRAIL. He's saying, 'sure... anyone can ANNOUNCE a campaign, but I'll see YOU little lady on the TRAIL.'

Campaign trail with no Indian context? I seriously doubt it. I hate to devote much time to trying to read his ugly mind but this one seems obvious, given his history of comments on the topic, and on her.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: February 11, 2019 05:11PM
Shortly, Kellyanne will tell us what he meant.
Posted by: wave rider
Date: February 11, 2019 05:29PM
Ted King
Shortly, Kellyanne will tell us what he meant.

ftw smiley

=wr=
Posted by: max
Date: February 11, 2019 06:16PM
Lemon Drop
Campaign trail with no Indian context? I seriously doubt it.

Sure, why would he, Lemon?
He was not the one claiming Indian DNA....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means, it is an end.
One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution;
one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship."
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: February 11, 2019 08:09PM
This is Trump. Think sixth grader.

He knows that there was some “trail” thing where a bunch of Indians got ‘beat’ (Low energy Indians. Losers. Sad.). The worst insult on planet Donald is to throw a loss in someone’s face.

‘Ha Ha! Pocahontas wants to be an Indian and they’re LOSERS!’

A sick burn in the mind of the man perpetually tan.

Yes, the connection is nebulous and labored, but we’re talking Dennis the Menace here, not Oscar Wilde.
Posted by: samintx
Date: February 11, 2019 08:55PM
Lemon Drop

Remember A. Jackson his fav. Keeps his pic in a prominent place. Jackson=Trail of tears..and why would he capitalize TRAIL unless he meant the event. I know he isn’t known for being subtle but here I think he is. I agree with you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2019 08:57PM by samintx.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: February 12, 2019 02:44PM
If there's one thing this president's not incompetent at, it's racist putdowns.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: Acer
Date: February 12, 2019 10:58PM
OK, what kind of ass brings up the Trail of Tears anyway. Is that a source of pride in Confederate country?
Date: February 13, 2019 11:20AM
It REALLY IS a Hanlon's Razor utterance...

In trump's pea-brain word association: "Indians" -> "Cowboys" -> "Wild West" -> "On the trail"...

(plus probably "six guns", "cattle rustlers", "tumbleweed", "little doggies", "schoolmarm" etc. )
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: February 13, 2019 11:38AM
he's also going to say warpath, so get ready.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: February 13, 2019 01:51PM
DeusxMac
It REALLY IS a Hanlon's Razor utterance...

In trump's pea-brain word association: "Indians" -> "Cowboys" -> "Wild West" -> "On the trail"...

(plus probably "six guns", "cattle rustlers", "tumbleweed", "little doggies", "schoolmarm" etc. )

Nope. Not only has he repeatedly brought up massacres like Wounded Knee, and capitalized "TRAIL" to make his point, but afterwards his son retweeted to clarify exactly what was meant.

And you're missing another strong possibility as to what put the idea in his head: "Mister President, when talking about Ms. Warren, please ease up on the racially insensitive remarks and whatever you do, try not to talk about massacres or the Trail of Tears..."

Date: February 13, 2019 02:07PM
Sarcany
..he repeatedly brought up massacres like Wounded Knee...

Citation please. I don’t follow his, or anyone’s, Twitter account.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: February 13, 2019 02:50PM
DeusxMac
Sarcany
..he repeatedly brought up massacres like Wounded Knee...

Citation please. I don’t follow his, or anyone’s, Twitter account.

Analysis:
[www.nytimes.com]

Or... tried Google?

[www.google.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 397
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018