advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Elderly Americans are dying without getting to read Mueller Report...
Posted by: max
Date: March 10, 2019 11:48AM
...and they ain't happy.
Best wishes to our Floral Park Yellow Dog Democrats...

As special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation is reportedly coming to an end, elderly and sick Americans are trying to hold on to their lives so they can read the highly-anticipated report that has been nearly two years in the making.
World War II veteran Mitchell Tendler—a man who survived numerous historic milestones, including the Korean War, Vietnam, Watergate and President BIll Clinton’s impeachment—fell sick on Dec. 29, at 93 years old, reported NPR.
"I got a call at 11 o'clock. My mom said, 'Well, Dad's not feeling well—he really can't stand,'" Tendler's son, Walter, recalled. "Within a couple of hours they called 911 and got him into the ER because it wasn't getting any better."
Tendler survived two implantable defibrillators throughout his life. But while on his third, he started to fade. After he was provided painkillers by doctors, Tendler voiced his final thoughts.
"It just was quiet for a little while," Walter Tendler told the news outlet, "and then he just sits up in bed halfway and looks at me and he goes, 'S***, I'm not going to see the Mueller report, am I?' And that was really the last coherent thing that he said."
Richard Armstrong, a 94-year-old currently in hospice care in New Jersey, related to Tendler’s sentiments.
"I know exactly how he feels. I feel the same way. I've been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer," Armstrong told NPR. "I was hoping to live to see the outcome of what I think it should be—justice. I'll be surprised and disappointed if it isn't.”
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Elderly Americans are dying without getting to read Mueller Report...
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: March 10, 2019 12:33PM
I heard this on NPR last week and I suppose some might find it funny but this story brought me to tears. My own Mom has mild dementia but it's getting worse. She's always followed politics closely and until recently read several newspapers each day. Trump's term in office has been upsetting to her for many reasons, not the least of which is the corrupt behavior.

I'd like for her to have an opportunity to see how this story ends too. Though I'm sure we'll be learning more for many years into the future.

On a more positive side, there were also quite a lot of seniors who wanted to be alive to vote for Obama and then to see him him sworn into office. Isn't this a very understandable human sentiment? We're all part of the bigger story.
Posted by: JoeH
Date: March 10, 2019 12:44PM
Things are pretty bad when a Newsweek article reads like it was written and posted on a site like The Onion.
Date: March 10, 2019 12:50PM
It was actually an NPR story, Newsweek just repeated it with no so great editing. If you read the entire thing I don't think it sounds like an Onion story at all.

[www.npr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2019 12:51PM by Lemon Drop.
Date: March 10, 2019 01:03PM
Lemon Drop
I heard this on NPR last week and I suppose some might find it funny but this story brought me to tears.

Absolutely.
This is an extreme tragedy.
Truly one of the historic proportions.
It is even a larger story than the millions of women who have died without seeing a woman President....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means, it is an end.
One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution;
one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship."
Posted by: Ammo
Date: March 10, 2019 01:08PM
Bless his heart - engaged ‘till the end. We need more citizens like him.

“Eenie meenie chili beanie, the spirits are about to speak.“ Bullwinkle

“Pessimism is a luxury of good times. In difficult times, it is a self-fulfilling, self-inflicted death sentence.” – Evelin Lindner (German psychologist, physician)

“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” George Orwell
Date: March 10, 2019 01:17PM
Ammo
Bless his heart - engaged ‘till the end. We need more citizens like him.

Yes, we do. The sense of humor is pretty great too.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: March 10, 2019 01:43PM
Lemon Drop
It was actually an NPR story, Newsweek just repeated it with no so great editing. If you read the entire thing I don't think it sounds like an Onion story at all.

[www.npr.org]
I try to find the source article whenever possible. Too many web sites post a Reader's-Digest-Condensed-style story based on a far better original story elsewhere, so it's worth looking for the link and following it.

Posted by: hal
Date: March 10, 2019 02:22PM
$tevie
Lemon Drop

[www.npr.org]

I try to find the source article whenever possible.

me too - it's amazing how many articles there are that are really a story about an article someone else wrote.
Date: March 10, 2019 11:17PM
JoeH
Things are pretty bad when a Newsweek article reads like it was written and posted on a site like The Onion.

Things are pretty bad when your Trump Derangement Syndrome symptoms read like they were written and posted on a site like The Onion....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means, it is an end.
One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution;
one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship."
Posted by: Wild eep
Date: March 11, 2019 05:14PM
max
JoeH

Things are pretty bad when your Trump Derangement Syndrome symptoms read like they were written and posted on a site like The Onion....

Unlike your MRF derangement syndrome?
smiley-laughing001
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: March 12, 2019 12:10AM
Or like his Clinton Derangement Syndrome. Every day, Trump says stupid @#$%& and makes the news cycle. Yet every other word out of max's mouth in this forum is about Clinton, he blames them for all his ills. And he has the audacity to to suggest we have 'Trump Derangement Syndrome'....LOL....max is just trolling at the behest of his handlers.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: March 12, 2019 08:37AM
....is this considered elder abuse.....???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: bfd
Date: March 12, 2019 04:03PM
NewtonMP2100
....is this considered elder abuse.....???

The bit about a psotter's derangement syndrome?

Possibly…
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: March 15, 2019 02:00PM
.....2 Muelles for Sister Sarah......??

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 123
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018