advertisement
Forums

 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Trump calls for cutting National Science Foundation spending by nearly 10 percent
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: March 11, 2019 12:08PM
Yeah, who needs that stuff anyway? I've got a Bible with Trump's Signature on it!

Trump calls for cutting National Science Foundation spending by nearly 10 percent
[thehill.com]

President Trump on Monday called for cutting spending at the National Science Foundation (NSF), the government's top non-medical research funder, by 9 percent. The White House's fiscal year 2020 budget proposal proposes slashing NSF funds by $700 million, on par with a wider 9 percent cut to annual non-discretionary funding.

The NSF provides about one-quarter of all federal research grants and covers fields such as engineering, mathematics, computer science and social sciences. It also funds large-scale scientific equipment. According to the NSF website, foundation-funded researchers have gone on to win 236 Nobel Prizes.


Trump's overall budget proposal also calls for dramatically reducing funding for education, agriculture, health programs, transportation and the State Department. Congress has largely ignored Trump's previous requests for deep discretionary budget cuts and has steadily increased NSF funding levels in recent years.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Trump calls for cutting National Science Foundation spending by nearly 10 percent
Posted by: samintx
Date: March 11, 2019 02:16PM
With no climate change we don’t need science. They would be sitting on their hands.dunno smiley
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Trump calls for cutting National Science Foundation spending by nearly 10 percent
Posted by: neophyte
Date: March 11, 2019 02:57PM
I'm curious as to why he wants to return our country to the stone age.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Trump calls for cutting National Science Foundation spending by nearly 10 percent
Posted by: deckeda
Date: March 11, 2019 05:47PM
Science is one type of education. We must reduce outside influences that do no agree with Our Version of the facts.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Trump calls for cutting National Science Foundation spending by nearly 10 percent
Posted by: sekker
Date: March 11, 2019 07:46PM
This is simple tit-for-tat. 95% of scientists voted for HC, and the other 5% split their vote for the other candidates. I forget what Orange Man received in the end, but it was low single digit %ile votes.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Trump calls for cutting National Science Foundation spending by nearly 10 percent
Posted by: bfd
Date: March 12, 2019 04:47PM
Luckily, very little of the nonsense will get past the House. That last election was important.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 284
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018