advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Trump code
Posted by: Ted King
Date: March 14, 2019 05:38PM
Cohen saying that Trump talked in "code" that his minions close advisors could understand sort of helped crystallized some notions for me about they way Trump often speaks - that is, that he has a genuine talent for finding expressions that are euphemisms for some darker motive but vague enough that he can very often find a way to claim that what he said should be interpreted as innocuous or innocent.

Since he says those kind of things almost constantly and he is a bit addled in the brain, even with his talent for finding those expressions, he does sometimes really step into a quagmire. In those cases he just lies about what he said or pretends the subject doesn't exist.

Here's an example of him using such expressions with darker intent that he will no doubt claim to have innocent meaning when challenged:

[slate.com]

“So here’s the thing—it’s so terrible what’s happening,” Trump said when asked by Breitbart News Washington Political Editor Matthew Boyle about how the left is fighting hard. “You know, the left plays a tougher game, it’s very funny. I actually think that the people on the right are tougher, but they don’t play it tougher. Okay? I can tell you I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of the Bikers for Trump – I have the tough people, but they don’t play it tough — until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad. But the left plays it cuter and tougher. Like with all the nonsense that they do in Congress … with all this invest[igations]—that’s all they want to do is –you know, they do things that are nasty. Republicans never played this.”

That one comes from deep in the heart of the black hole that is Trump's soul.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Trump code
Posted by: hal
Date: March 14, 2019 07:27PM
I think that you are looking for layers that aren't there - that he really is what he seems to be and nothing more. He's just a spoiled child who has never had to deal with 'no'.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: March 14, 2019 07:29PM
What he said wasn't talking it code. It was quite explicit.
If he thinks he's going to be saved by some over-age bikers and rogue cops, he slipped further into delusion than any of us have guessed.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: March 14, 2019 07:33PM
He’s seen too many movies.

As for speaking in code, it’s called trolling.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: March 14, 2019 07:41PM
And earlier there was...

"Donald Trump said at a campaign rally in Wilmington, North Carolina that 'Second Amendment people' might be able to stop Hillary Clinton from choosing Supreme Court justices"
Posted by: $tevie
Date: March 14, 2019 07:53PM
Yes, he absolutely is broaching the idea that people should protect his presidency with violence if necessary.

Posted by: August West
Date: March 14, 2019 08:33PM
+1

Picasso in his studio after the liberation of Paris, taken by my friend and mentor.

Posted by: Bernie
Date: March 15, 2019 06:58AM
“Can’t we just drone this guy?” Clinton asked, according to unidentified state department sources.

Staunton, Virginia
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: March 15, 2019 07:36AM
Boy, it's a damn good thing he's not the president of a nation with a long and bloody history of using state-sanctioned communal, paramilitary violence to enforce race and class supremacy....

Oh, wait.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: March 15, 2019 08:30AM
Bernie... FWIW.... Donnie has stripped out any reporting of 'droning' American citizens. Dude has his hunting license and is most certainly using it.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: March 15, 2019 09:45AM
Whataboutism + false equivalency + rumor + comparing Assange to the US Constitution = EPIC FAIL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2019 09:47AM by $tevie.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: March 15, 2019 10:07AM
Ya gotta try harder, Bernie. I rate your post a 3.5 on the scale of Zero to billb

(march 20, 2018)
billb
The Kenya election results were overturned for rigged results more similar to Hillary's rigged DNC shenanigans.
Nice try Hillary trying to blame someone else but only fools are buying it. The same deplorables that voted for you.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: March 15, 2019 10:30AM
Honestly, the tough guy talk is just from insecurity. It doesn't bother me, as long as it talks in abstraction and doesn't single out people or groups.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: March 15, 2019 11:32AM
I agree he sounds like a bully shooting off his mouth, in fact that is his dominant personality characteristic. But doesn't it seem like he IS singling out and threatening specific people: his political opponents?

After what just happened in New Zealand, how many more examples do we need that words are not just words?
Posted by: Acer
Date: March 15, 2019 02:14PM

The "stochastic terrorist" does not direct the actions of members of a group, rather, he is an ideologue speaking over mass media to individuals with whom he is not affiliated as part of any form of organization. According to an anonymous blogger posting on the Daily Kos, the speaker, whether intentionally or not, incites those with a combination of personality traits that leads them to violence. Since the speaker only focuses animus towards the victim instead of directly participating, they may escape culpability and the perpetrator may be labeled a lone wolf by law enforcement.

--Wikipedia
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 185
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018