advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Biden/Abrams 2020? !
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: March 14, 2019 08:57PM
Joe Biden's office confirmed that he met with Stacey Abrams to discuss "future plans."

And I don't think they're getting engaged. :0

I think that'd be a great ticket.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Biden/Abrams 2020? !
Date: March 14, 2019 08:58PM
Oh and I want Stacey as President, Joe as VP.
Posted by: vision63
Date: March 14, 2019 09:02PM
It can win. Kinda early to start vetting Vice Presidential candidates. But I guess Stacey and Beto are in the ain't got nothing to lose stage. I think some of the other candidates wouldn't like her to commit to any particular candidate. She's supposedly thinking about running. I'm about ready to throw my hat in.

Politics.
Date: March 14, 2019 09:16PM
He's meeting with a lot of people, I also heard he met with Kamala Harris.

It's also possible that they are asking HIM to back them.
Date: March 14, 2019 09:53PM
If he's not running then even engaging with him as a senior member is advantageous. I haven't paid attention to who the various campaign heads are so I'm not sure of their specific paths except for Kamala and Bernie (though he should shed former Manafort partner Tad Devine).
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: March 15, 2019 08:26AM
Pfft. Thinking small. Biden/Obama 2020
Posted by: davester
Date: March 15, 2019 12:50PM
vision63
I'm about ready to throw my hat in.

I'd vote for you...and work on your campaign.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: timg
Date: March 15, 2019 12:59PM
cbelt3

Is that Joe and Michelle?

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship. Imagination without skill is Modern Art.
Date: March 15, 2019 01:07PM
davester
vision63
I'm about ready to throw my hat in.

I'd vote for you...and work on your campaign.

Same here.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: March 15, 2019 03:09PM
timg
cbelt3

Joe and Barack.... After all, a two term President CAN run for Vice President....

Put the band back together !
Date: March 15, 2019 03:35PM
cbelt3
timg
cbelt3

Joe and Barack.... After all, a two term President CAN run for Vice President....

Put the band back together !

I might vote for Joe and Michelle, but not Joe and Barack.

On the other hand, vision63 is mulling a run. in that case, I'd cast my vote in that direction.

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship. Imagination without skill is Modern Art.
Date: March 16, 2019 04:37AM
My first act would be to create "The Agree to Disagree Center for American Discussion." Because we gotta hash things out. Extremists are welcome, but when they can't "agree to disagree" then they have to leave.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2019 04:38AM by vision63.
Posted by: Pam
Date: March 16, 2019 10:48AM
I believe Stay really, really wants to be governor of GA. Then run for president.
Date: March 16, 2019 02:21PM
vision63
My first act would be to create "The Agree to Disagree Center for American Discussion." Because we gotta hash things out. Extremists are welcome, but when they can't "agree to disagree" then they have to leave.

I definitely support this position! It should extend to all facets of American Life.

Posted by: davester
Date: March 16, 2019 09:55PM
timg
vision63

I definitely support this position! It should extend to all facets of American Life.

Totally agree. This is what this country needs if it is to survive.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: hal
Date: March 17, 2019 06:18PM
vision63

hell yeah!

Vision2020
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: March 17, 2019 11:11PM
Okay, this is coalescing. That is a dope campaign slogan.

Posted by: Acer
Date: March 18, 2019 11:24AM
I'm going need to see some tax returns before this goes Vision2020 any further.

Assuming they pass muster, though, can I run the SuperPac? I got kids looking at ivy league schools.
Date: March 18, 2019 12:10PM
Acer
I'm going need to see some tax returns before this goes Vision2020 any further.

Assuming they pass muster, though, can I run the SuperPac? I got kids looking at ivy league schools.

I'd have 100% transparency. Now if I remember what Chicago Mayoral candidate Harold Washington said when he was pressured about his janky taxes I would say "Unlike my wealthy opponent, some of us have trouble paying our taxes!" Musta worked, he won.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2019 12:10PM by vision63.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 102
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018