advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Terror attack in New Zealand: at least 49 killed at two mosques by white supremicist
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: March 15, 2019 03:26AM
Turns out it was more political than some routine nut job. Updates at this site.

New Zealand TV=>
[www.tvnz.co.nz]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Terror attack in New Zealand: at least 49 killed at two mosques by white supremicist
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: March 15, 2019 03:44AM
Police Commissioner Mike Bush:

At the Deans Avenue mosque, we now know that 41 people have lost their lives. And at the Linwood mosque, 7 have lost their lives. Of the 40 people who have been treated at Christchurch Hospital, one has now passed. So the total number of people who have died in thishorrendous event are 49.

And our hearts go out to them and all of their families, all of their friends, all of their loved ones, and I want to assure everyone that we will do our best for them

I would like to also add that so far one person, a male in his late 20s, has been charged with murder, and should appear in the Christchurch Court tomorrow morning.

Three other people were apprehended. We believe one of those persons who was armed and was at the scene may have had nothing to do with this incident, and the two other people that have been apprehended, again in possession of firearms in the general environment, we are working through to understand what their involvement is.

We have recovered a number of firearms from both of the scenes, Linwood Avenue and Deans Avenue.

I would like to assure everyone around New Zealand that every available police and emergency resource with our other government agencies and Defence Force are doing everything they can to keep our communities safe.

We have had no other threats since we responded to this incident. We are working with a wide range of community to give support to everyone who needs it.
Re: Terror attack in New Zealand: at least 49 killed at two mosques by white supremicist
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: March 15, 2019 04:38AM
Sick: One of the gunmen broadcast a livestream on Facebook. In it, he said that he was motivated in part by the United States Second Amendment.

Authorities have properly identified the perpetrators as "terrorists."

"We grieve we are shocked appalled and outraged as we stand here and condemn the attack that occurred today by an extremist right wing violent terrorist."

"The strongest possible condemnation of the ideology of the people who did this: You may have chosen us, but we utterly condemn and reject you."

“Many of those affected may be migrants to New Zealand — they may even be refugees here,” Ms. Ardern said of the victims. “They are one of us. The person who has perpetrated these acts is not.”

That's the way that I'd expect sane and rational people to respond to white supremacists attacking innocents during a religious service.

Trump's first tweet about gun violence after a white supremacist shot two men in Kansas: "Seven people shot and killed yesterday in Chicago. What is going on there – totally out of control. Chicago needs help!"

Trump's first tweet about gun violence after a white supremacist terror attack in Quebec: "A new radical Islamic terrorist has just attacked in Louvre Museum in Paris. Tourists were locked down. France on edge again. GET SMART U.S."

Lacking something sympathetic to say about Trump this morning, Fox has been repeating a message from Trump Jr. which, as expected, fails to address gun violence or condemn white supremacists.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2019 04:46AM by Sarcany.
Posted by: p8712
Date: March 15, 2019 06:19AM

In it, he said that he was motivated in part by the United States Second Amendment.

Of course. This is such a tragic story.
Posted by: pdq
Date: March 15, 2019 08:29AM
p8712

In it, he said that he was motivated in part by the United States Second Amendment.

Part of me feels like we’ve infected the world. We had the opportunity to visit some of New Zealand this past year, and it seemed like such a beautiful, chill place.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: March 15, 2019 08:38AM
But when you start to make the suggestion that there's a connection between America's love affair with firearms (the Second Amendment being clear confirmation) and white supremacy, look out for the blowback, mostly from explosively angry white men who get eye-poppingly infuriated that anyone could even suggest such a thing.

<ducks>

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: p8712
Date: March 15, 2019 09:12AM
pdq
p8712

Part of me feels like we’ve infected the world. We had the opportunity to visit some of New Zealand this past year, and it seemed like such a beautiful, chill place.

We have infected the world, and it'll be years and years of hard work to recover. I'm rather p-o'd I'll have to spend the rest of my life pushing a broom.

But hey, GOD SAYS everyone needs a gun and a right wing demagogue idiot as a leader. Who am I to argue?
Posted by: Acer
Date: March 15, 2019 09:36AM
We now proceed into a discussion of magazine vs clip, clip size, semi-automatic vs automatic, the difficulty of defining assault weapons and oh, let's just call the whole thing off.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: March 15, 2019 09:38AM
Acer
We now proceed into a discussion of magazine vs clip, clip size, semi-automatic vs automatic, the difficulty of defining assault weapons and oh, let's just call the whole thing off.

So much easier than talking about how someone came to believe that Muslims are secretly trying to eliminate the white race through population growth, using refugees and asylum-seekers as the tip of the spear into the West.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: March 15, 2019 10:34AM
White supremacy isn't just talk, as we see over and over.

Not much daylight between them and ISIS. We go to war (literally) against ISIS but white supremacists? They get retweeted by the leader of the free world. They get to write policy in the most powerful nation on earth. The bigotry and hate wasn't invented by Stephen Miller and Donald Trump but it's empowered by them.

This is unspeakable tragedy and I'm heartbroken for Muslim brothers and sisters the world over.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2019 10:36AM by Lemon Drop.
Date: March 15, 2019 11:52AM
Michelle and I send condolences and strength to the people of New Zealand. We grieve with you and with the Muslim community. Every single one of us, every color, every creed, has a daily responsibility to rally against hate and bigotry in all their forms and to stand up for what is good, and decent, and true.
Posted by: max
Date: March 15, 2019 12:08PM
Lemon Drop
This is unspeakable tragedy and I'm heartbroken for Muslim brothers and sisters the world over.

The unspeakable tragedy is your flaming hypocrisy, Lemon.
It is one matter when we are dealing with matters under our control, it is totally different when you are ripping your theatrical garments to show off your political correctness when it is politically expedient.

Not once have you spoken for your "Muslim brothers and sisters the world over" when tens, if not hundreds were massacred in mosques, when the offenders were Muslim extremists?
[www.nbcnews.com]
If you are so heartbroken about this type of human tragedy, Lemon, why have you not uttered even one word of concern for hundreds of Coptic Christians hunted as prey by fundamentalist Moslems in Sinai.
[www.hudson.org]

Then we have your exemplary silence when thousands of Yazid women and young girls were sold into sexual slavery by your favorite "victims", the very " Muslim brothers and sisters" from " the world over" .
[en.wikipedia.org]

Acer

Congratulations.
That is exactly what you did, Acer.
Nobody else here has started "discussion of magazine vs clip, clip size, semi-automatic vs automatic, the difficulty of defining assault weapons", but you.
Good job, Acer, fullfilling your own orgasmic fansies....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means, it is an end.
One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution;
one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship."
Posted by: sekker
Date: March 15, 2019 12:28PM
max, I DO read your posts, but I haven't a clue what you are talking about.

The lack of human rights - and oppression - are everywhere, but I sure hope we are working to improve ALL societies.

I'm sorry for this tragedy, and I am (I think!) enlightened enough to tell the difference between a person peacefully practicing their religion and fanatics who are trying to kill others over their extreme views.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: March 15, 2019 12:38PM
Lemon Drop
Michelle and I send condolences and strength to the people of New Zealand. We grieve with you and with the Muslim community. Every single one of us, every color, every creed, has a daily responsibility to rally against hate and bigotry in all their forms and to stand up for what is good, and decent, and true.

Meanwhile, the Orange Menace sent "Best Wishes"

idiot.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: March 15, 2019 12:41PM
max
Good job, Acer, fullfilling your own orgasmic fansies....

There's definitely a pattern here. Is maxie a bot or just abnormally fixated?

max
tomorrow will be truly orgasmic....

max
…it becomes positively orgasmic...

max
…you would have hit an orgasmic trifecta....

max
...your dream with an orgasmic glee...

max
his orgasmic fake news... ....

max
These self induced orgasmic dreams....

max
...the self induced orgasmic dreams...

max
...orgasmic highs for some folks....

max
…just orgasmic wet dreams...

max
... living in a word of your own orgasmic dreams....
Posted by: Bernie
Date: March 15, 2019 02:00PM

Staunton, Virginia
Posted by: pdq
Date: March 15, 2019 02:07PM
smiley-shocked003

Seriously? This guy decides to pick today to blame Islam?

He’s a world-class ass.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: March 15, 2019 02:43PM
How can it be a terrorist attack if it was a white guy?

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: March 15, 2019 03:32PM
pdq
smiley-shocked003

Seriously? This guy decides to pick today to blame Islam?

He’s a world-class ass.

Agreed, but it's apparently not against the forum's ToS to troll others with drive-by posts spraying hatred.
Posted by: bfd
Date: March 15, 2019 04:18PM
Lemon Drop

Might've been stronger if he'd have said to stand up to the one who is evil, indecent, and a liar… but that's never going to happen.
Date: March 15, 2019 06:33PM
So this Fraser Anning character has only been in the Aussie Parliament since 2017 and he's there by some electoral fluke. No party will have him given his racist, inflammatory comments and policy ideas, which frequently target Muslims. So he will soon exit Parliament. This latest truly unbelievable statement is just the latest in a long line. Don't let the door hit ya, Fraser.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: March 16, 2019 12:21AM
[www.washingtonpost.com]

"New Zealand’s leader vowed its “gun laws will change.” Suspect had license to carry the types of guns used in deadly attacks. Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said Tarrant had modified guns used in the killing that left at least 49 dead, and Attorney General David Parker says government will ban semiautomatic rifles."

>>>

"President Trump on Friday said he had not seen a 74-page manifesto that Tarrant had written railing against Muslims and immigrants, but did not believe white nationalism is a rising global threat, adding, “I think it’s a small group of people that have very, very serious problems. It’s certainly a terrible thing.”

[www.washingtonpost.com]

"Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern, who decried the attack as an act of terrorism that plunged New Zealand into one of its “darkest days,” said Saturday that the country’s security services were aware of a “global rise in extreme right-wing rhetoric” but had not put Tarrant on a watch list."

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: sekker
Date: March 16, 2019 01:32PM
max is just in his state of denial. When he’s rational, I value his perspective. But sometimes... Wow. Maybe there IS a bot that uses his account?
Date: March 16, 2019 02:29PM
I want a leader for the United States with the courage and character of NZ PM Jacinda Ardern.

“To the people who did this: you may have chosen us, but we UTTERLY reject and condemn you.”

"They (the victims) are us, you are not."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 141
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018