advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Where did imminent [corr’ed] Mueller report come from?
Posted by: samintx
Date: March 22, 2019 03:40PM
Where did the info come from that news agencies are thinking any minute now? It could be 1. Month, one year...RollingEyesSmiley5

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2019 10:45AM by samintx.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Where did eminent Mueller report come from?
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: March 22, 2019 03:50PM
Need more eyes to run more catheter commercials. If he does a thorough job, I'm content to wait.

Here a particularly unhelpful story from CNN=> "Tensions rise as Washington looks to Mueller" !!! [www.cnn.com]
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: March 22, 2019 04:08PM
NYT just reported that it has been submitted to the Attorney General.

I expect the next report from DOJ is that it has been misplaced.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Posted by: steve...
Date: March 22, 2019 04:13PM
Heard on MSNBC that the Justice Department (Barr) said a public report could be released to Congress as early as this weekend.

Northern California Coast
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: March 22, 2019 04:26PM
Ombligo
NYT just reported that it has been submitted to the Attorney General.

I expect the next report from DOJ is that it has been misplaced.

"Oops, accidently shredded. Well, it was only three pages long anyway."
Posted by: hal
Date: March 22, 2019 04:45PM
steve...
Heard on MSNBC that the Justice Department (Barr) said a public report could be released to Congress as early as this weekend.

From Wapo:

Barr wrote that Mueller submitted a report to him explaining his prosecution decisions. The attorney general told lawmakers he was “reviewing the report and anticipate that I may be in a position to advise you of the Special Counsel’s principal conclusions as soon as this weekend.”

That's different than handing the report to congress.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: March 22, 2019 05:31PM
hal
steve...

From Wapo:

Barr wrote that Mueller submitted a report to him explaining his prosecution decisions. The attorney general told lawmakers he was “reviewing the report and anticipate that I may be in a position to advise you of the Special Counsel’s principal conclusions as soon as this weekend.”

Right. The principle conclusions can be very important, but not necessarily. If the principle conclusions only pertain to how he came to the conclusion that certain individuals that we already know about ought to be indicted for federal crime(s) and completely ignoring anyone who hasn't been indicted, then that won't add much to our knowledge because he has already done a lot of that in the indictments themselves of those individuals.

But if there are further people who are yet to be indicted and he gives the justification for those upcoming indictments, then the principle conclusions could be quite edifying. That doesn't seem likely to me, but maybe.

If the principle conclusions go beyond just justifications for indictments and delve into general answers to the questions of what degree the Russian interfered (all forms of interference) in our elections. And the extent to which there were communications between the Trump campaign and Russians that imply or don't imply that there was some effort to coordinate actions. And the extent to which Trump's actions imply or don't imply that he intended to obstruct the investigation into any possible illegal coordination. If the principle conclusions delve into those things, then that would also be very edifying. It strikes me as unlikely that that will be the case either.

So, I think it is most likely that the principle conclusions won't provide much more information than we already know. But I hope I'm wrong.

Edit: That's what I get for starting a post and then letting my new puppy "induce" me to take him for a walk. Never mind my second paragraph - news is there are no new indictments.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2019 05:43PM by Ted King.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: March 22, 2019 05:44PM
I hate to be that person, but the report was imminent, not eminent. I know, I know, effing grammar police, but I had to say it or I was going to pop like a balloon.

Posted by: GGD
Date: March 22, 2019 05:52PM
I guess 45 will be celebrating Thanksgiving 2017 now.

“I’d be embarrassed if this is still haunting the White House by Thanksgiving and worse if it’s still haunting him by year end,”
[www.reuters.com]

And it's been a really long week or two for Rudy since his April 2018 announcement.

"Rudy Giuliani joins Trump legal team, hopes to end Russia probe in ‘a week or two’"
[nypost.com]
Date: March 22, 2019 06:07PM
Ted King
hal
steve...

From Wapo:

Right. The principle conclusions can be very important, but not necessarily. If the principle conclusions only pertain to how he came to the conclusion that certain individuals that we already know about ought to be indicted for federal crime(s) and completely ignoring anyone who hasn't been indicted, then that won't add much to our knowledge because he has already done a lot of that in the indictments themselves of those individuals.

But if there are further people who are yet to be indicted and he gives the justification for those upcoming indictments, then the principle conclusions could be quite edifying. That doesn't seem likely to me, but maybe.

If the principle conclusions go beyond just justifications for indictments and delve into general answers to the questions of what degree the Russian interfered (all forms of interference) in our elections. And the extent to which there were communications between the Trump campaign and Russians that imply or don't imply that there was some effort to coordinate actions. And the extent to which Trump's actions imply or don't imply that he intended to obstruct the investigation into any possible illegal coordination. If the principle conclusions delve into those things, then that would also be very edifying. It strikes me as unlikely that that will be the case either.

So, I think it is most likely that the principle conclusions won't provide much more information than we already know. But I hope I'm wrong.

Edit: That's what I get for starting a post and then letting my new puppy "induce" me to take him for a walk. Never mind my second paragraph - news is there are no new indictments.

Of course, if there is any doubt, Mueller can be called to testify in the house.
Date: March 22, 2019 06:08PM
How many call from the WH did Barr get today, I wonder.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: March 22, 2019 07:57PM
hal
Ted King
hal
steve...

From Wapo:

Of course, if there is any doubt, Mueller can be called to testify in the house.

I actually hope that no matter how else this plays out that Mueller does publicly testify before House committees, but especially so if we don't get something like substantial answers to important general questions. (I'd like to hear if Mueller has any opinion about why Trump and his associates - e.g., Flynn - lied so much about Russia related matters.) One of the things I hope we find out is if Mueller was able to track down all the leads to the end and therefore have confidence that he found out what happened or were there dead ends caused by noncooperation that prevented him from finding out what happened. Not indicting because he was effectively stonewalled is different from tracing the evidence to the end and finding nothing untoward.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2019 08:01PM by Ted King.
Posted by: bfd
Date: March 22, 2019 08:34PM
There are things that were unearthed that had NOTHING to do with any Russians. That's the kind of stuff that needs to see the light of day.

It's going to be enough watching Dumbf prance around ejaculating See, No Collusion. I told you so! for the next two years.

We need to see what else went on - everything they unearthed as part of the investigation. And there's no doubt Mueller is privvy to some very compelling information.
Posted by: Acer
Date: March 22, 2019 08:40PM
Regardless of the immediate consequences, if any, the report should be of use to a future President and Senate who are serious about protecting our democracy from outside manipulation.
Posted by: max
Date: March 22, 2019 09:06PM
Acer
Regardless of the immediate consequences, if any, the report should be of use to a future President and Senate who are serious about protecting our democracy from outside manipulation.

Let the Russian collusion backpedaling begin....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means, it is an end.
One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution;
one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship."
Posted by: Article Accelerator
Date: March 22, 2019 10:16PM
max
Let the Russian collusion backpedaling begin....

Fat chance. Trumpy will never take back his 6,387 assertions that there was "no collusion."
Date: March 22, 2019 10:17PM
$tevie
I hate to be that person, but the report was imminent, not eminent

Actually, the eminent report was immanent.
Posted by: samintx
Date: March 23, 2019 10:43AM
$tevie
I hate to be that person, but the report was imminent, not eminent. I know, I know, effing grammar police, but I had to say it or I was going to pop like a balloon.

I do appreciate. Always open to learning/correction

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2019 11:58AM by samintx.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: March 23, 2019 08:06PM
samintx
$tevie

I learned something, too.
Article Accelerator
immanent
[www.merriam-webster.com]

Date: March 24, 2019 02:03AM
$tevie
samintx
$tevie

I learned something, too.
Article Accelerator
immanent
[www.merriam-webster.com]

Tricky, isn't it?
Date: March 24, 2019 06:37PM
Yeah, I was sure that AA had just made a fool of himself. But I did some googling before I made a fool of MYself. :-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 276
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018