advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Voting your conscience, not evil, can work, after all....
Posted by: max
Date: March 31, 2019 09:57AM
No matter how much the ideologically bankrupt, here, defend their vote for evil, the lesser evil is still evil, it is possible to elect a candidate of conscience.....

Slovakia's 'Erin Brockovich' elected first female president, in rebuke of populism
When Slovakia's newly elected President Zuzana Caputova -- the country's first ever female head of state -- delivered her acceptance speech on Saturday she immediately set herself apart from the wave of populist parties sweeping Europe.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Voting your conscience, not evil, can work, after all....
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: March 31, 2019 10:10AM
max
No matter how much the ideologically bankrupt, here, defend their vote for evil...

Start from a premise that's not fiction and maybe more people would take you off "ignore."

Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: March 31, 2019 10:23AM
Good for her, but it's Prime Minister Peter Pellegrini who runs the show in Slovakia.

The Government of the Slovak Republic (SR) is the head of the Executive. It is made up of the Prime Minister, presiding over it, his or her Deputies and Government Ministers. The Government is appointed by the President of the Slovak Republic on the recommendation of the Prime Minister. For its policy and administration the Government is responsible to the SR National Council (the Slovak parliament).

[www.vlada.gov.sk]

He seems like a cool guy, pro-Europe, progressive, policy wonk. She's cool too, just not very powerful.
Posted by: sekker
Date: March 31, 2019 11:14AM
max, a link to your post would be appreciated.

And have you cleaned your mirror yet? I see it's still all fogged up from your faux outrage over the 2016 election results.
Posted by: max
Date: March 31, 2019 04:28PM
Sarcany
max
No matter how much the ideologically bankrupt, here, defend their vote for evil...

Start from a premise that's not fiction and maybe more people would take you off "ignore."

I am not running a popularity contest, I am not going to pry open clam shut minds of those who cannot handle reality. Their darkness is their problem.
And your rejection of the inconvenient argument, because it illustrates questionable decisions of yours, does negate its validity. Voting for your perceived lesser evil is still choosing evil.....

sekker
And have you cleaned your mirror yet? I see it's still all fogged up from your faux outrage over the 2016 election results.
You do have a comprehension and a vision problems.
You are the one with conniptions about the 2016 elections.
Unlike you, sekker, I am quite used to not seeing my candidate being elected to the office, usually because they are too clean. If fact it has been decades since a national candidate I have favored got anywhere close on the national level.
I just deal with it and its consequences....

You are the one with a waterfall for a mirror, sekker, you and your TDS.
i dont give a damn about Trump anymore that I did about Obama....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means, it is an end.
One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution;
one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship."
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: March 31, 2019 04:46PM
max
Voting for your perceived lesser evil is still choosing evil...

You want a candidate who is untainted, vote the fetus party, 2020.

Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: March 31, 2019 05:23PM
max
i dont give a damn about Trump anymore that I did about Obama....

That's rich coming from someone who does nothing but whine about Obama, and praise Trump....especially someone who tries to 'caricaturize' Obama with an animated GIF in his signature
Posted by: deckeda
Date: April 01, 2019 10:16AM
Most children learned in school about basic politics being an act of compromise. But the increasing few who didn’t learn it believe everyone who isn’t the Messiah is therefore the Devil. The irony is that in rejecting the imperfect, they reliably welcome the Devil (out of spite or stupidity, take your pick.)
Posted by: JoeH
Date: April 01, 2019 10:38AM
deckeda
Most children learned in school about basic politics being an act of compromise. But the increasing few who didn’t learn it believe everyone who isn’t the Messiah is therefore the Devil. The irony is that in rejecting the imperfect, they reliably welcome the Devil (out of spite or stupidity, take your pick.)

Don't need to take a pick, it often is from both.
Posted by: sekker
Date: April 01, 2019 03:32PM
I feel for voters like max who do not find someone to vote FOR. Has to be hard to have no one you back win. max, when you come up for air, we will be here for you.

In the meantime, I am enjoying looking at the rainbow of candidates running for 2020 - on both sides of the aisle. All of them are an upgrade over who we have now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Bo
Guests: 269
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018