advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
“Calling human beings an ‘infestation’ is something that we might have expected to hear in Nazi Germany”
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: April 06, 2019 10:17AM
The Dems should have been saying this all along.

[thehill.com] Former Rep. Beto O'Rourke (D-Texas) compared rhetoric used by President Trump to describe immigrants to language from Nazi Germany, according to videos shared on social media on Friday.

"I compared the rhetoric that the president has employed to rhetoric that you might've heard during the Third Reich," said O'Rourke, who's running for president in 2020.

“Calling human beings an ‘infestation’ is something that we might have expected to hear in Nazi Germany,” he added. “Describing immigrants who have a track record of committing violent crimes at a lower rate than native-born Americans as rapists and criminals, seeking to ban all Muslims, all people of one religion, what other country on the face of the planet does that kind of thing?”

"You draw your own conclusions," he continued. "But this is not something I expected to hear the president of the United States of America ever say."

O'Rourke made the comments Thursday at a town hall in Iowa, according to The Washington Post, which reported that the presidential contender also warned about the need to "call out racism."

“If we don’t call out racism, certainly at the highest levels of power, in this position of trust that the president enjoys, then we are going to continue to get its consequences,” O’Rourke said, according to the Post. “Silence is complicity in what this administration is doing, so let’s call it out.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: “Calling human beings an ‘infestation’ is something that we might have expected to hear in Nazi Germany”
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: April 06, 2019 10:43AM
There was a huge outcry last year when Trump made these comments. This is only one of his many dehumanizing slurs, times when he lets his white supremacist mask slip. I'm glad Beto is talking about it but he certainly is not the first or only one to do so.
Re: “Calling human beings an ‘infestation’ is something that we might have expected to hear in Nazi Germany”
Posted by: max
Date: April 06, 2019 11:32AM
Steve G.

Sure, SteveG, “Calling human beings an ‘infestation’ has been a leftwing nutsos' standby for a long, long time....

Over the past few millennia, human population on planet Earth has exploded from under a few millions to several billions. Humans now occupy every corner of the blue planet and wreak havoc through their devastating nesting and feeding habits. So, what are these humans? What do they feed on? How do they multiply? In this first part of the series on human infestation, we would answer some of these basic questions.
[medium.com]
Posted by: Speedy
Date: April 06, 2019 05:04PM
Wow, has a certain resemblance to the Orange Menace.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: April 07, 2019 02:24PM
Max-

1. I enjoy your comments on the "other side."

2. Do you disagree that there is a huge difference between some flake off in the internet saying something irresponsible, and the President of the US saying something irresponsible? The two just aren't equivalent.

3. Things this President has said have already inspired fanatics and crazy folks to kill people. Do you disagree that he should stop doing that?

Seriously, this isn't a game where I'm trying to see who scores the most points. This is real life and death. Friends of friends died in the Tree of Life shooting.

max
Steve G.

Sure, SteveG, “Calling human beings an ‘infestation’ has been a leftwing nutsos' standby for a long, long time....

Over the past few millennia, human population on planet Earth has exploded from under a few millions to several billions. Humans now occupy every corner of the blue planet and wreak havoc through their devastating nesting and feeding habits. So, what are these humans? What do they feed on? How do they multiply? In this first part of the series on human infestation, we would answer some of these basic questions.
[medium.com]
Posted by: davester
Date: April 08, 2019 12:45PM
anonymouse1
Max-

2. Do you disagree that there is a huge difference between some flake off in the internet saying something irresponsible, and the President of the US saying something irresponsible? The two just aren't equivalent.

3. Things this President has said have already inspired fanatics and crazy folks to kill people. Do you disagree that he should stop doing that?

Seriously, this isn't a game where I'm trying to see who scores the most points. This is real life and death. Friends of friends died in the Tree of Life shooting.

Trying to argue logic with an irrational troll only makes the troll happy.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: bfd
Date: April 08, 2019 05:38PM
Posted by: hal
Date: April 08, 2019 05:43PM
When max denies being a troll, I think about threads like this where someone actually tries to engage with all possible respect and gets ignored.

anonymouse1
Max-

max
Steve G.

[medium.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 255
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018