advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Just heard Miller has the reins after the purge
Posted by: samintx
Date: April 09, 2019 02:43PM
No halfway dictatorship. We are getting it down to where 45 was aiming.

[www.msnbc.com]

His Uncle says Steve is an immigration hypocrite.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2019 03:04PM by samintx.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Just heard Miller has the reins after the purge
Posted by: sekker
Date: April 09, 2019 04:38PM
Doubling down on his base.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: April 09, 2019 05:14PM
Last Friday, the President visited Calexico, California, where he said, "We're full, our system's full, our country's full—can't come in! Our country is full, what can you do? We can't handle any more, our country is full. Can't come in, I'm sorry. It's very simple."

He talks like he's a manager at a cheesy campground.

And yeah the country is not "full," quite the contrary. A lot of places are suffering due to lack of workers and people in general.
Posted by: sekker
Date: April 10, 2019 02:18AM
In my Midwest backyard, the employers are 'bemoaning' the lack of available (cheap) labor. But they don't want 'no foreigners' either.

It's pathetic.

Of course, they could pay a livable wage - and maybe MAGA hat-wearing workers would show up?
Posted by: vision63
Date: April 10, 2019 04:13AM
sekker
In my Midwest backyard, the employers are 'bemoaning' the lack of available (cheap) labor. But they don't want 'no foreigners' either.

It's pathetic.

Of course, they could pay a livable wage - and maybe MAGA hat-wearing workers would show up?

When people find out that the proposed livable wages still aren't livable they'll still never give immigrants credit for making do with so little.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: April 10, 2019 08:33AM
sekker

It's pathetic.

Even if they pay higher wages they are not going to find workers because the people are simply not there. A lot of places could be re-vitalized if more people would move there. Detroit is one example. Both rural and some urban areas have major "people shortages" right now. And urban areas that have good jobs are resisting density, which is also an unworkable situation.

Despite Orange One's recent comment, our country is definitely not "full," we're the opposite. We need immigration; we need people with all sorts of skills, not just software developers and farm workers.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: April 10, 2019 09:40AM
....so it's......Miller.....time.....???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: pdq
Date: April 10, 2019 12:36PM
Lemon Drop

Despite Orange One's recent comment, our country is definitely not "full," we're the opposite. We need immigration; we need people with all sorts of skills, not just software developers and farm workers.

Quite - we're headed over a demographic cliff. An influx of younger, motivated workers would be a boon for our economy, not to mention Social Security.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 318
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018