advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
DHS, FBI say election systems in 50 states were targeted in 2016
Posted by: p8712
Date: April 10, 2019 03:06PM
No Surprise

As reported by the intelligence newsletter OODA Loop, the JIB stated that, while the FBI and DHS "previously observed suspicious or malicious cyber activity against government networks in 21 states that we assessed was a Russian campaign seeking vulnerabilities and access to election infrastructure," new information obtained by the agencies "indicates that Russian government cyber actors engaged in research on—as well as direct visits to—election websites and networks in the majority of US states." While not providing specific details, the bulletin continued, "The FBI and DHS assess that Russian government cyber actors probably conducted research and reconnaissance against all US states’ election networks leading up to the 2016 Presidential elections."
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: DHS, FBI say election systems in 50 states were targeted in 2016
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: April 10, 2019 03:34PM
'Trump reacts to Russian attacks on Anerica by pledging severe punishment to Putin and Russia'
Naw, just kidding
Posted by: SteveO
Date: April 10, 2019 04:49PM
NO COLLUSION!

Also, Vlad told me they didn't do anything and I believe him...why would they? I don't see why they would. Then again, I'm a complete FECKING IDIOT.
Posted by: Z
Date: April 10, 2019 05:26PM
Hey, it was only 50 states. Could've been worse. I hear both sides are doing it.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: April 10, 2019 06:04PM
Z
Hey, it was only 50 states. Could've been worse. I hear both sides are doing it.

The United States has done similar efforts to destabilize unfriendly governments in the past. It may very well have such destabilization programs operating somewhere in the world right now. But any government that discovers us doing so is very likely going to work pretty hard to stop it. Trump isn't. As voters we deserve to know the true reason why he isn't.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: April 10, 2019 06:21PM
The FBI couldn't possibly know this. They were far too busy spying on the Trump campaign to have time for anything else. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: max
Date: April 10, 2019 07:54PM
Z
Surprise, Z, it is true and we have been doing it a lot longer, we have achieved some spectacular destructions, we are a lot better at it.

You have to be spectacularly ignorant to beleive that we are the innocent victims here....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means, it is an end.
One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution;
one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship."
Posted by: deckeda
Date: April 10, 2019 09:52PM
Barr was hired to be an automaton, and if that fails, a potential stooge. Double-speak and obfuscation is the recipe.
Posted by: Z
Date: April 11, 2019 10:20AM
max
Z
Surprise, Z, it is true and we have been doing it a lot longer, we have achieved some spectacular destructions, we are a lot better at it.

You have to be spectacularly ignorant to beleive that we are the innocent victims here....

Sorry Max, I’ll use the sarcasm tag next time to be more explicit.
Posted by: max
Date: April 11, 2019 12:34PM
Z
max
Z

Sorry Max, I’ll use the sarcasm tag next time to be more explicit.
No need, the current narrative on this side of the board actaully repeats your sarcastic remark as their biblical dogma....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means, it is an end.
One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution;
one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 300
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018