advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
The Republicans are all drinking Stupid Juice
Posted by: $tevie
Date: April 10, 2019 06:18PM

Massie: Sec. Kerry, I want to read part of your statement back to you: “Instead of convening a kangaroo court, the president might want to talk with the educated adults he once trusted his top national security positions.” It sounds like you’re questioning the credentials of the president’s advisers, currently. But I think we should question your credentials today. Isn’t it true you have a science degree from Yale?
Kerry: Bachelor of arts degree.
Massie: Is it a political science degree?
Kerry: Yes, political science.
Massie: So how do you get a bachelor of arts, in a science?
Kerry: Well it’s a liberal arts education and degree. It’s a bachelor…
Massie: OK. So it’s not really science. So I think it’s somewhat appropriate that someone with a pseudo-science degree is here pushing pseudo-science in front of our committee today.
Kerry: Are you serious?! I mean this is really a serious happening here?
[www.rollingstone.com]

“If you’d wish to keep me here so I don’t have my important meeting, and continue to grill me, then we can do that. I will cancel my meeting and I will not be back here,” Mnuchin said. “I will be very clear, if that’s the way you’d like to have this relationship.”

So Waters took him up on offer, much to his surprise.

“Thank you. The secretary has agreed to stay to hear all the rest of the members,” she said. “Please cancel your meeting and respect our time.”

A stunned Mnuchin then tried to take back off the offer by pretending he didn’t make the offer.

“You’re instructing me to stay here and I should cancel …,” an exasperated Mnuchin replied.

“No, you made me an offer,” Waters replied.

“No, I didn’t make you an offer,” said Mnuchin, despite video evidence to the contrary.

“You made me an offer. I accepted,” said Waters.

“I did not make you an offer; let’s be clear. You’re instructing me, you’re ordering me to stay here,” said Mnuchin, growing even more exasperated.

After some more back and forth, Waters told the treasury secretary he was free to leave anytime he wanted to. That’s when Mnuchin made the mistake of slipping into white-mansplaining mode.

“Please dismiss everybody. I believe you’re supposed to take the gravel and bang it,” he said.
[www.theroot.com]

Attorney General William Barr declared Wednesday he thinks “spying did occur” against Donald Trump’s presidential campaign, suggesting the origins of the Russia investigation may have been mishandled in remarks that aligned him with the president at a time when Barr’s independence is under scrutiny.

Barr, appearing before a Senate panel, did not say what “spying” may have taken place but seemed to be alluding to a surveillance warrant the FBI obtained on a Trump aide. He later said he wasn’t sure there had been improper surveillance but wanted to make sure proper procedures were followed.
[www.apnews.com]

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: The Republicans are all drinking Stupid Juice
Posted by: Pam
Date: April 10, 2019 06:25PM
We are turning into Russia.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: April 10, 2019 06:57PM
Saw the clip of smug d&ck Mnuchin getting schooled by Maxine Waters. That's a classic.

There was also yesterday: the horrifying "white nationalism" hearings to which Republicans invited Candace "Blexit" Owens. Ted Lieu played the video of her saying how Hitler would've been fine if he'd just stayed in Germany.
youtube had to shut down the comments on the Congressional hearing channel because so many white nationalists were on there posting all kinds of vulgar racist crap. Fun times!
Posted by: max
Date: April 10, 2019 07:48PM
Lemon Drop
Saw the clip of smug d&ck Mnuchin getting schooled by Maxine Waters. That's a classic.
Yep, a classic blidness of a Koolaide swiller, the other side is bringin this example of political theatre as an example of Steven Mnuchin schooling Maxine Waters.
Objectively it was just a poltical posturing by two minor bit players.
All without any subsequent significance....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means, it is an end.
One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution;
one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship."
Posted by: sekker
Date: April 13, 2019 02:03AM
max
Lemon Drop
Yep, a classic blidness of a Koolaide swiller, the other side is bringin this example of political theatre as an example of Steven Mnuchin schooling Maxine Waters.
Objectively it was just a poltical posturing by two minor bit players.
All without any subsequent significance....

Interesting, max.

But are you surprised? The right will try to undermine the authority of ANY public WOC.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: April 13, 2019 10:26PM
A person who thinks that the Chair of the House Financial Services Committee is a "minor bit player" (department of redundancy department) truly does not understand American politics, aside from knowing there's a Presidential election every four years.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 327
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018