advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Bill Weld officially announces he is challenging Trump for GOP nomination in 2020
Posted by: hal
Date: April 15, 2019 04:48PM
WOOHOO! This is the only GOOD news I've seen in recent months.

[www.cnn.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Bill Weld officially announces he is challenging Trump for GOP nomination in 2020
Posted by: JoeH
Date: April 15, 2019 05:06PM
Not a fan of our former governor, but on a scale of 1-10 where 45 is at 0, Weld might earn a 5.
Re: Bill Weld officially announces he is challenging Trump for GOP nomination in 2020
Posted by: hal
Date: April 15, 2019 05:20PM
I didn't mean to imply that I was a fan - I'm thrilled that repubs now have someone else to vote for.
Posted by: mattkime
Date: April 15, 2019 06:44PM
Eh, Republicans are the party of Trump.

Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: April 15, 2019 07:20PM
trump’s Dmitry Medvedev?
Posted by: Rolando
Date: April 15, 2019 10:52PM
Weld ran as the Libertarian VP last time. He and Gary Johnson received twice as many votes (Mostly Republican) as the Green Party. For any other candidate, that kind of Republican split would have sealed it the Democrat.

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."
-- Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented."
-- Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." Theodore Roosevelt (1918)
Posted by: gabester
Date: April 16, 2019 06:52AM
Rolando
Weld ran as the Libertarian VP last time. He and Gary Johnson received twice as many votes (Mostly Republican) as the Green Party. For any other candidate, that kind of Republican split would have sealed it the Democrat.

Indeed, I'd contend that the 45th President is hoping to seal his 2020 re-election by capturing the libertarian votes he didn't get in 2016. Given his aggressive deregulatory actions and "tax cuts" he may succeed. (I hate to say it but while I'm not personally happy about the loss of SALT deductions in my federal 1040, filing for me was simpler this time around, although it also took several thousand more out of my pocket than in previous years.)
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: April 16, 2019 11:13AM
Next up: George McGovern is rising from the grave to run for the Democratic ticket in 2020.....

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: SteveO
Date: April 17, 2019 01:58PM
Good news. Hopefully he siphons off enough votes to impede the orange monster from being sworn in again.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: April 17, 2019 03:07PM
“In politics, a sacrificial lamb candidate is a candidate chosen to contest an election despite the fact that he or she has little chance of victory. The political party thus appoints the person as a sort of "sacrifice" to the stronger opponent.”
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 294
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018