advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Get Well President Carter
Posted by: vision63
Date: May 14, 2019 04:58AM
If there is any 90 + year old man that can survive this, it's James Earl Carter Jr,.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Get Well President Carter
Posted by: mstudio
Date: May 14, 2019 07:14AM
"President Carter said his main concern is that turkey season ends this week, and he has not reached his limit,” the statement said. “He hopes the State of Georgia will allow him to roll over the unused limit to next year.”

I hope they do, too and that he is still around to collect. Get well, Jimmy.
Posted by: Ammo
Date: May 14, 2019 09:10AM
A lot of people rate Carter pretty low on the scale of Presidents, but I disagree. The moral distance between him and the current resident of the White House is almost impossible to overstate.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. —Wendy Mass
Posted by: deckeda
Date: May 14, 2019 09:23AM
Yes, get well.

Ammo
A lot of people rate Carter pretty low on the scale of Presidents, but I disagree. The moral distance between him and the current resident of the White House is almost impossible to overstate.

For critics, he'll always be blamed for an economy he didn't cause, for a helicopter shot down his successor benefitted from, and for wearing a sweater on live TV asking everyone to sacrifice some warmth.
Posted by: Bernie
Date: May 14, 2019 09:27AM
Mr.Carter got a bum rap on many things.

He was and is a good man.
patriot smiley

Staunton, Virginia
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 14, 2019 09:28AM
....Get.....Carter....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: May 14, 2019 10:02AM
Bernie
Mr.Carter got a bum rap on many things.

He was and is a good man.
patriot smiley

Agree! His legacy will be as a great humanitarian and defender of democracy around the world.

Get well soon President Carter.
Posted by: wave rider
Date: May 14, 2019 10:29AM
Heal well, Jimmy Carter. One of my favorites…

=wr=
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: May 14, 2019 10:57AM
He is certainly the most humane leader we've had. And at 94, turkey hunting ? One feisty guy.
Posted by: max
Date: May 14, 2019 01:01PM
Ammo

Nice guy, but a naive idiot who started the train that led to our national tragedy that was 9/11 and the consequences we suffered afterwards....

[web.stanford.edu]

Contrary to the “official record“- - that the United States involvement in the Afghan civil war began following, and as a response to, the Soviet Union's invasion of the country- in truth, United States involvement in the Afghanistan Civil War began a full six months before the Soviet Union ever invaded Afghanistan.[27] In an interview given to a French reporter in 1988, Brezinski confirmed this “little known fact” of history, admitting that the CIA had begun providing covert aid to Afghan resistance fighters fully six months before the Soviet invasion.[28] Even more revealing and shocking is Brezinski's admission, later on in the interview, that the U.S. intention in providing this aid was to "draw the Russians into the Afghan trap." [29] When, in this same interview, the reporter, shocked at having discovered that the United States intentionally provoked the Soviet Union to enter into the war...

It seemed that no one, during this time, stopped to consider the possible repercussions that the training and equipping of zealous Afghan Islamacists and their Muslim counterparts could have later on. An interview with a former CIA agent attests to the fact that during this time U.S. officials, resolute on their one-track agenda of combating the communists, failed to take into account the sort of consequences which arming Islam extremists could engender...
Of course, we know now that perhaps this might have been “a little more important” than Brezinski originally estimated; for these “few over-excited Islamicists”, as Brezinski put it, would be the very ones responsible for carrying out the September 11 attacks on our country.

[www.globalresearch.ca]

We Created Al Qaeda to Fight the Soviets in Afghanistan
Jimmy Carter’s National Security Adviser Zbigniew Brzezinski admitted on CNN that the U.S. organized and supported Bin Laden and the other originators of “Al Qaeda” in the 1970s to fight the Soviets.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means, it is an end.
One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution;
one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship."
Date: May 14, 2019 07:23PM
max
The U.S. (I hesitate to include myself by saying "we," since I cannot be faulted for anything, anywhere, anytime) saved Afghanistan from communist Russia and because we (oops, I mean the U.S.) didn't enact a Marshall Plan for them afterwards, got rewarded with a few misplaced airliners September of 2001.

So I'll just conveniently drop this here into a thread about Jimmy Carter's health, because I can. Enjoy!

Homespun blame full of hindsight is easy for those who eternally take glee in tragedy and where America never does right. Uh, congratulations?

My feeling today is no different than it was in 2001: I don't give a tinker's damn what Afghanistan thought we "owed" them 20+ years prior.
Date: May 15, 2019 02:01AM
deckeda
The U.S. (I hesitate to include myself by saying "we," since I cannot be faulted for anything, anywhere, anytime) saved Afghanistan from communist Russia and because we (oops, I mean the U.S.) didn't enact a Marshall Plan for them afterwards, got rewarded with a few misplaced airliners September of 2001.
Saved Afghanistan from communist Russia just like we saved Iran in August of 1953, deckeda?
[www.ft.com]
How is that Marshall Plan of yours working out today, deckeda, after spending billions of cash in nation building and knowing very well that the day we leave it will turn right back to where it was before?

Afghani women before deckeda's liberation:

and after deckeda's liberation by Carter's mercenary jihadis......

deckeda
Homespun blame full of hindsight is easy for those who eternally take glee in tragedy and where America never does right. Uh, congratulations?

Nope sweets, America does a lot of things right, but practice of regime change after regime change just because the natives dont toe your line, or worse yet, actually follow they own sovereign policies, is not one of them.
The only homespun part here is having one religious idiot believing that hiring an army of mercenary religious zealots was a good idea.
The other homespun part here was having the same religious idiot believing that your jihadis would not go fully native and not turn on you.
The third homespun idiocy is defending these failures who led this country to the Police State we have become because of their failures and their abject ignorance of history and native cultures....
Date: May 15, 2019 10:24AM
So confusing. There’s “only” one, but then somehow another and then a third. I’ll take your word that there’s a thought in there somewhere about something. But that’s of course being generous.
Date: May 16, 2019 08:29PM
Of course not, you could not argue why Carter hiring of jihadi mercenaries who, quite predictably, turned on us, was ever a good idea.
it is not confusing at all.
Nor did you have any argument that would justify that raging hypocrisy....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means, it is an end.
One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution;
one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship."
Date: May 16, 2019 08:48PM
It’s not my place to defend Carter for an attack he didn’t cause. Nice try tho.
Posted by: JoeH
Date: May 17, 2019 09:53AM
And max conveniently tries to move all the blame onto Carter while ignoring Reagan and Bush who not only kept going what was started under Carter, but greatly increased US support over the next decade.
Date: May 17, 2019 10:33AM
JoeH
And max conveniently tries to move all the blame onto Carter while ignoring Reagan and Bush who not only kept going what was started under Carter, but greatly increased US support over the next decade.

Didn't you know, that once one president starts something the next ones are mysteriously not allowed to stop it? Except for Obama of course. "Cause ya know, Obama.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 274
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018