advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Howard Schultz ?
Posted by: samintx
Date: May 15, 2019 06:38AM
Had back surgery. Maybe he won’t campaign. Let’s hope. He will only muddy the field.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Howard Schultz ?
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: May 15, 2019 09:28AM
But who will speak for the billionaires?
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: May 15, 2019 11:28AM
Sorry, we already have a King of Covfefe
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: May 15, 2019 01:13PM
Is he still running? <shrug>

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: May 15, 2019 01:51PM
From TheOnion.
Posted by: vision63
Date: May 15, 2019 03:06PM
Outside of his ridiculous presidential ambitions, he's not a bad guy.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: May 17, 2019 02:50PM
vision63

Outside of his genocidal, world domination ambitions, Hitler wasn't too bad either.

GODWINED!
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: May 17, 2019 03:58PM
vision63

Sonics.

bomb smiley
Date: May 18, 2019 03:10PM
Lemon Drop
vision63

Sonics.

bomb smiley

Basically he just sold the team right? 1. Why did he not just build an arena like Ballmer is trying to do? 2. Why cant he sell a team?
Date: May 20, 2019 10:07AM
vision63
Lemon Drop
vision63

Sonics.

bomb smiley

Basically he just sold the team right? 1. Why did he not just build an arena like Ballmer is trying to do? 2. Why cant he sell a team?

He cashed out and screwed over the fans and the city.

If this is how he views civic duty on the local level, what's his plan for the nation?

Not trustworthy. Self-interested. That's fine for him; but we don't need him as an elected official.
Date: May 20, 2019 01:36PM
Lemon Drop
vision63
Lemon Drop
vision63

Sonics.

bomb smiley

If this is how he views civic duty on the local level, what's his plan for the nation?

Not trustworthy. Self-interested. That's fine for him; but we don't need him as an elected official.

How did that screw them over? I'm not from there so I'm not privvy to the day to day details. I remember him not liking the Glove, Gary Payton, which of course, Oakland. I didn't like that. I also remember it poisoning his relationship with the players, Rashard Lewis in particular.

The Raiders actually turned down 2 good offers for a stadium in Oakland, then pretended like it did not in order to take welfare from Las Vegas. I'm guessing Shultz's behavior was similar.
Date: May 21, 2019 10:37AM
vision63
Lemon Drop
vision63
Lemon Drop
vision63

Sonics.

bomb smiley

How did that screw them over? I'm not from there so I'm not privvy to the day to day details. I remember him not liking the Glove, Gary Payton, which of course, Oakland. I didn't like that. I also remember it poisoning his relationship with the players, Rashard Lewis in particular.

The Raiders actually turned down 2 good offers for a stadium in Oakland, then pretended like it did not in order to take welfare from Las Vegas. I'm guessing Shultz's behavior was similar.

There's more than enough to fill a book about what went down while Schultz was destroying Seattle's NBA franchise.

He finally apologized and admitted responsibility for the loss of the team to the city and fans in 2019, in his book that you have to buy for $20.

He bought the team in 2001 for $200M promising to keep it local, and thinking he could get a stadium deal from the city like the Mariners and Seahawks had, not really taking into account that after those deals the public wasn't in the mood to spend more on a fancy arena, but that didn't mean they didn't want the team.

When he decided to sell he didn't wait for a local buyer to make sure the team stayed in Seattle. He let his buyers lie to the city and the fans. He sold for $350M.

It's only basketball, and yes you can sell what you own, of course, but a city's sports teams have a lot to do with civic pride and Schultz showed that greed was more important to him than that pride or the opinion of local citizens.

Now he thinks he can be President?

Not buying anything this guy is selling.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 192
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018