advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
“Fixing” Washington?
Posted by: deckeda
Date: May 15, 2019 04:17PM
So there’s this WaPo story about how Democrats dunno what to do about rural America, as they court farmers and such in Iowa: [www.washingtonpost.com].

Some say forget it, Jake, it’s Chinatown. Some say you should still try to connect there.

So, this:

“Some blame polarization, but many voters were disappointed by Obama, who they thought didn’t deliver on his transformational message of fixing Washington. In 2016, they turned to Trump in the hope he could be the agent of change.”

And I’m struck by this evergreen promise by politicians to ... fix Washington. “Drain the Swamp” (spellcheck wanted to first fill it in as Design the Swamp, which has become all too true.

In a thread below I asked why and how someone could vote for both men at different times. And I guess it’s just that. So broad a promise some people just cannot resist. It’s their catnip.

To me the bigger problem is this continual desire to condemn government while running for office. Anyone see a problem there? Like, how it reliably leads to disappointment in both?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: “Fixing” Washington?
Posted by: Bernie
Date: May 16, 2019 06:19AM
Donald Trump was a Democrat. So were many of us.
Donald Trump ran as a Republican. Sad but true we live in a two party system.

The Republican party never supported him. Even after he took the nomination the GOP thought their money better spent on Senate and Congress. The MAGA coalition and his own personal money continued to fund his campaign.

He is the closest thing to an independent candidate as you could get.

Over two years of investigation and smear campaigns by Both Parties and he is still there.

Rep Al Green: If We Don’t Impeach Trump, He Will Get Re Elected

He states that that they must Impeach Trump because he will get reelected in the first minute and rants the rest of the time say Trump is a bad man. Almost 6 minutes of we must Impeach Trump. What law did he brake. Trump is a bad man. Why is he a bad man. What law did he break?

William Barr Leaves Dianne Feinstein SPEECHLESS at Senate Hearing

Three minutes and twenty one seconds of facts.

After you watch (please watch) this you can get on with your life. Spend time with the family.

The swamp is in a panic. The truth is out there and Muller found it. It wasn't Trump. If not Trump who then. Stay tuned.

Staunton, Virginia
Date: May 16, 2019 07:40AM
Trump ran as a Republican because the party's regressive policies aligned with his natural ability to sell. The fact that he's used them and helped destabilize our political system doesn't concern you. I get it, my father-in-law is also an anarchist.

"Don't make the system better so that it works for everyone, just nuke it and everyone's on their own." << Every anarchist possesses a a loser's philosophy. It says, "I'm against the establishment, cause that's always super-trendy and fun, even though ironically that means I'm against people ..."

You and anyone else who's "fed up" with [government, the "system," the "swamp"] can just check out and go live in a cave. Please allow the rest of us to improve its many flaws. You can come back and enjoy our hard work at any time.

Speaking of which ...

The "MAGA coalition" consisted of some large campaign donations. You can look it up. The "and his own personal money" aspect was just one of several lies he's told (again, you can look it up, he didn't fund as much of his campaign as he wanted you believe.)

You might think such details don't matter. That could be because an entire series of daily details don't matter to you, and don't ever add up to anything, each *thing* being an irrelevancy. But it was something you brought up. Everyone likes to think their candidate won by a "grassroots campaign" of purebred voters with no money, just a gleam of honest truth and unvarnished ideals in their pocket. My point in my original post has just been made. By you.

The Republican party never supported him

You're not paying any attention to the consistent support he enjoys from anyone who doesn't say NO to him. He only rewards loyalty, and only up to the point where what they do for him succeeds. Any failure, or disagreement, and they're gone. This they learn fast. This goes for any elected Republican, any Cabinet member, any staffer anywhere.

He is the closest thing to an independent candidate as you could get.

Yes that's obviously true, and accountable to no one at all. See also "loyalty" above. Better yet, see also any definition of narcissism. Be careful what you wish for.

Perhaps you think I make this up. Perhaps you never read or comprehend the myriad of sources that showcase his behavior and its tangible outcomes. Please do not insult me by asking me to explain why the sky is blue.

In the meantime you might want to see about a little word called "obstruction" and recognize what it looks like. Or, continue to sympathize with his manufactured victimhood. So many people love being a victim. I don't know why.

I suppose it gets them the attention they crave. And you're willingly supplying that oxygen. What do YOU get from feeding Trump? Can you articulate it? He's supposed to support you, not the other way around.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: May 16, 2019 07:46AM
Bernie
The swamp is in a panic. The truth is out there and Muller found it. It wasn't Trump. If not Trump who then. Stay tuned.

Soon we will find out that it was Crooked Hillary directing Putin the whole time.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Date: May 16, 2019 02:21PM
"You and anyone else who's "fed up" with [government, the "system," the "swamp"] can just check out and go live in a cave"

I voted!

The system can work.

Donald Trump is still OUR president.

Staunton, Virginia
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: May 16, 2019 02:26PM
Bernie seems to be testing the trolling waters more lately. Will he dive all the way in at some point? popcorn smiley
Date: May 16, 2019 02:56PM
I am not out matched just outnumbered.

The times they are a changing.

The 5 stages of grief and loss are:
1. Denial and isolation;
2. Anger;
3. Bargaining;
4. Depression;
5. Acceptance.

I sense that most here are somewhere 2 and 3. Many will not make it past 1.

He's Back!

Season 7 on Fox Friday nights
Season 8 will debut in January after Thursday Night Football

Staunton, Virginia
Date: May 16, 2019 09:00PM
Bernie
The system can work

I get it, I actually do. You like Trump but oddly never can articulate why. If such a position is supposed to instill support, you may find that lacking. As for not being outmatched well, I suppose if politics is “sport” as so many people treat it as, then “OK.”
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 330
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018