advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Immigration: Would Trump have let his Grandfather into America?
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: May 16, 2019 12:43PM
I haven't seen the Orange One's new immigrant regs, but I suspect that Trump's own grandfather would not have been allowed into the U.S. under Trump's new immigration rules.

(Not that I'm objecting or anything)
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Immigration: Would Trump have let his Grandfather into America?
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: May 16, 2019 12:52PM
I am pretty sure Stephen Miller's uncle would not get in. Debatable about 45's mother. Today, she might get a sub-minimum wage job at a 45 resort with a H1-B waiver. Fred was her anchor baby.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: May 16, 2019 04:03PM
For all the talk about requiring college degrees and such, in practice, the new rules are only applicable to black/brown/tan people.

Posted by: btfc
Date: May 17, 2019 03:12AM
Does Trump actually want to implement new immigration laws? It would mean he would have to take some ownership of the issue, and then what would he use to whip up hate and fear in his base? Every time that progress seems possible he just moves the goalposts.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: May 17, 2019 06:51AM
His newly announced plan was recently floated as Kushner’s plan in a meeting with GOP leaders days ago. But Kushner couldn’t even answer basic questions about it. Unsurprisingly, Stephen “dead eyes” Miller was at his side, interrupting to fill in the numerous blanks.

Republican Congresscritters weren’t impressed with the plan. Yet Trump wants to make it a cornerstone of his re-election campaign.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 298
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018