advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
How can you NOT include Rape and Incest ?
Posted by: samintx
Date: May 16, 2019 04:31PM
Ok be for or against abortion but how can you force a woman birth a child under those conditions? Every woman should stand up on those points and say “I’m not going to take it anymore”. I would have driven my daughters to the clinic if that unfortunate circumstance would have arrived.
Old Fogette

PS: I am for Roe v Wade
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: How can you NOT include Rape and Incest ?
Posted by: Ted King
Date: May 16, 2019 04:40PM
samintx
Ok be for or against abortion but how can you force a woman birth a child under those conditions? Every woman should stand up on those points and say “I’m not going to take it anymore”. I would have driven my daughters to the clinic if that unfortunate circumstance would have arrived.
Old Fogette

Because it's murder if you kill a person and a person becomes a person at conception.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: May 16, 2019 05:14PM
Ted King
samintx
Old Fogette

Because it's murder if you kill a person and a person becomes a person at conception.

further to that, to people who believe it's morally wrong to intentionally end a pregnancy, the fetus is innocent and not less worthy of protection because it was created during an act of violence. The woman's womb is a sacred place that must not be violated, even if the rest of her has been. The health, well-being or wishes of the woman herself are irrelevant in this way of thinking.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: May 16, 2019 05:44PM
Lemon Drop
Ted King
samintx
Old Fogette

further to that, to people who believe it's morally wrong to intentionally end a pregnancy, the fetus is innocent and not less worthy of protection because it was created during an act of violence. The woman's womb is a sacred place that must not be violated, even if the rest of her has been. The health, well-being or wishes of the woman herself are irrelevant in this way of thinking.

And then of course let’s not forget the one we can only talk about when none of ‘them’ is around. The one where you add the quote marks, “rape” and “incest”. Cuz ya know decent ladies and girls don’t find themselves in such predicaments, it’s different with whoo-ers. And anyway, the female body shuts itself down so they can’t get ‘that way’ if it’s really rape.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2019 05:48PM by Blankity Blank.
Posted by: Acer
Date: May 16, 2019 06:27PM
Take comfort in the companion legislation to increase the penalties for sexual assault, expedite rape kit processing, protect women who bring charges, enforce child support, provide financial assistance and affordable counseling to the families disrupted by bearing the child to term.

Oh, wait, sorry, there is no such legislation.
Posted by: space-time
Date: May 16, 2019 07:36PM
rape and incest aside, why bring an innocent baby into this world if you are not going to love and care for this baby?
Posted by: Speedy
Date: May 16, 2019 07:38PM
space-time
rape and incest aside, why bring an innocent baby into this world if you are not going to love and care for this baby?

If you won’t, someone else will - as long as the taxpayer doesn’t have to spend a dime on the child’s care.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Date: May 16, 2019 08:09PM
And a major Fox News name breaks ranks. I think*.

And look at those likes and retweets.

*Now, there is a more Machiavellian take on this.

Lahren is taking one for the team with the rock ribbed right to act as a limiter — perhaps just the first of a few — on how harshly a light they’re cast in among the larger segment of their base who aren’t quite on the near zero tolerance side of the issue.

To nip in the bud any immediate hemorrhaging of women and younger conservatives, staking out an ‘agree to disagree’ safe space where the stance of letting the wisemen (sic) of the SCOTUS take up this delicate issue and make a ruling can take root. Working on the assumption that the court in the final counting is successfully packed.

This gives leeway to those who need it to take a step back from the obviously cruel realities of these bills out of the dark ages.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: May 16, 2019 10:07PM
Kevin McCarthy also says now AL’s law went too far. Ooh, a male Republican. Now you KNOW it’s serious. When these jackals all get shown the door in 2020 maybe they’ll rethink all their coddling of the cray-cray.

As with Tomi these are crocodile tears. You don’t do everything in your power to look the other way and then lament it’s gone too far.
Posted by: gabester
Date: May 17, 2019 01:24AM
Acer
Take comfort in the companion legislation to increase the penalties for sexual assault, expedite rape kit processing, protect women who bring charges, enforce child support, provide financial assistance and affordable counseling to the families disrupted by bearing the child to term.

Oh, wait, sorry, there is no such legislation.

What about the billion-dollar budget for research and development of artificial wombs to sustain these unborn?

At least Alan Keyes followed the anti-abortion "pro-life" through to its ultimate logical conclusion. You cannot force these babies to be born without funding a welfare state to care for them.

I'd actually think this administration and its zealots would be all over this - helping them develop a generational TrumpTriumph Youth whose loyalty would be unquestionable!
Posted by: Sam3
Date: May 17, 2019 03:46AM
Ted King
samintx
Old Fogette

Well... not according to the Bible:

The Christian Left Blog
According to the bible, a fetus is not a living person with a soul until after drawing its first breath.

After God formed man in Genesis 2:7, He “breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and it was then that the man became a living being”. Although the man was fully formed by God in all respects, he was not a living being until after taking his first breath.

In Job 33:4, it states: “The spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life.”

Again, to quote Ezekiel 37:5&6, “Thus says the Lord God to these bones: Behold, I will cause breath to enter you, and you shall live. And I will lay sinews upon you, and will cause flesh to come upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and you shall live; and you shall know that I am the Lord.”

In Exodus 21:22 it states that if a man causes a woman to have a miscarriage, he shall be fined; however, if the woman dies then he will be put to death. It should be apparent from this that the aborted fetus is not considered a living human being since the resulting punishment for the abortion is nothing more than a fine; it is not classified by the bible as a capital offense.
[www.thechristianleftblog.org]
Date: May 17, 2019 06:55AM
^^^ and that’s why they want it both ways, to couch it all in quasi-Biblical terms but please don’t actually look any of it up, OK?
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: May 17, 2019 09:49AM
Sam3
Ted King
samintx
Old Fogette

Well... not according to the Bible:

The Christian Left Blog
According to the bible, a fetus is not a living person with a soul until after drawing its first breath.

After God formed man in Genesis 2:7, He “breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and it was then that the man became a living being”. Although the man was fully formed by God in all respects, he was not a living being until after taking his first breath.

In Job 33:4, it states: “The spirit of God has made me, and the breath of the Almighty gives me life.”

Again, to quote Ezekiel 37:5&6, “Thus says the Lord God to these bones: Behold, I will cause breath to enter you, and you shall live. And I will lay sinews upon you, and will cause flesh to come upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and you shall live; and you shall know that I am the Lord.”

In Exodus 21:22 it states that if a man causes a woman to have a miscarriage, he shall be fined; however, if the woman dies then he will be put to death. It should be apparent from this that the aborted fetus is not considered a living human being since the resulting punishment for the abortion is nothing more than a fine; it is not classified by the bible as a capital offense.
[www.thechristianleftblog.org]

Hoh boy. This is just as bad as what social conservatives do with the Bible. Find words that seem to match the message they hope to create. Anyone can do this, with any message. Pointing out hypocrisy in religious arguments is easy. Protecting people's rights in the courts and legislatures of America is not.

Genesis is a creation myth, the first man and woman. In that story they don't start out as fetus or infant; apparently they land as adults and God "breathes life into them." This refers to the beginning of human existence, not of an individual life.

The Exodus passage is about punishment for a man's loss of property (the baby) and not about sanctity of life.

Women in ancient times did know how to terminate pregnancies with herbal teas and that sort of thing, sometimes intentionally hurting themselves. Greeks and Romans had no problem with it. Aristotle wrote about it:

...when couples have children in excess, let abortion be procured before sense and life have begun; what may or may not be lawfully done in these cases depends on the question of life and sensation.

Aristotle, Politics 7.16

Isn't the better argument for 2019 that we are a nation of laws separate from religion? And that the law can't be used to impose religious values on others?

And as many others have said, there is an element of hatred of women present in these laws that wasn't there in the 1970s or earlier. These drastic laws like the ones in Alabama and Georgia are about the culture wars; the losing side is lashing out in fury with the only thing they have left.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2019 10:02AM by Lemon Drop.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: May 17, 2019 10:01AM
Alabama regards all most life as sacred.

Anyway, in case you were wondering about what republican lawmakers think about rape (click to embigginate):

Posted by: samintx
Date: May 17, 2019 10:28AM
Will the government take care of all the babies born? They could build tent camps like the do for the illegals.....we will be overrun with tents!
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: May 17, 2019 10:48AM
I shudder to think what my mother would think if she ever knew of my sister's abortion.

I also remember the frustration my wife and I felt in the 80's when she needed treatment because an ectopic pregnancy had her at 10/10 level agony.
Doc: "But this is an abortion !"
Me: "Dammit... ectopic pregnancies are not viable ! "
Doc: "BUT ..."
Me; "Do it or I will sue you out of existence."

And now, with the REPUBLICAN LAWS, she would have to suffer for a month until the ectopic pregnancy miscarries. And suffer fallopian scarring and probably loss of fertility. And possibly risk death from sepsis.

I HATE THE REPUBLICAN PARTY.
Date: May 17, 2019 11:06AM
cbelt3
Me: "Dammit... ectopic pregnancies are not viable ! "

Republicans: "Well, we can't blame the innocent child for that!"
Date: May 17, 2019 03:06PM
And now Pat Robertson, that leftist commie librul has said Alabama has gone too far. Strange times indeed b
Date: May 17, 2019 04:22PM
cbelt3

Me; "Do it or I will sue you out of existence."

Advocating for the agency of a woman over her body one clue by four at a time. baseball bat smiley
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: May 17, 2019 05:24PM

In tha 360. [url=Zee Maps Now requires a subscription/payment to work]MRF User Map[/url]
Date: May 17, 2019 07:49PM
deckeda
And now Pat Robertson, that leftist commie librul has said Alabama has gone too far. Strange times indeed b

lol. No.

They just see their gravy train drying up.

What does the dog do when it actually catches the car?
Posted by: vision63
Date: May 17, 2019 08:22PM
No point in questioning their motives. They're just the enemy, they have all the power, and they still have to be defeated.
Date: May 17, 2019 10:04PM
Add one more, “consensual rape.”

[www.washingtonpost.com]

Later said he misspoke. How do you make such a mistake?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 323
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018