advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Tom Steyer is launching a $1 million ad campaign blasting Democratic leaders for failing to launch an impeachment inquiry
Posted by: vision63
Date: May 16, 2019 06:47PM
So-called "progressives" are hell-bent on destroying the upcoming elections. I'm not one to tell people how they should spend their money, but I bet $1 million could go a long way to register voters in Alabama to try to for example, to preserve Sen. Doug Jones' seat which is in grave danger. People like Steyer can't be Superman if he can't categorize everything in the Democratic Party as being so terrible that it takes "HIM" to save us. [I know I'm being harsh and I know the "elected" so-called "progressives" are behaving. It's their audience that they won't reel in that's the problem].

[www.realclearpolitics.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2019 06:51PM by vision63.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Tom Steyer is launching a $1 million ad campaign blasting Democratic leaders for failing to launch an impeachment inquiry
Posted by: Speedy
Date: May 16, 2019 07:10PM
I thought the ad was very good.

Sen. Jones has no chance at holding his seat. Zero.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2019 07:11PM by Speedy.
Re: Tom Steyer is launching a $1 million ad campaign blasting Democratic leaders for failing to launch an impeachment inquiry
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: May 16, 2019 07:11PM
Steyer is the kind of guy who could just call Nancy Pelosi and she'd take his call, but he obviously wanted to get his message out a little more publicly.

Steyer gave $91 million to Democratic candidates in the 2016 cycle and $74 million for the frickin' midterms.

I don't think we should worry too much about what he does with $1 million.

That being said...I get that this is a total Catch-22 for Democrats, basically damned if they do, etc. At least from a political perspective. From an ethical/legal perspective it's malpractice if they don't do a full inquiry into this President's alleged wrongdoing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2019 07:35PM by Lemon Drop.
Date: May 16, 2019 09:25PM
Speedy

Show me how it makes sense please.
Date: May 16, 2019 09:27PM
Lemon Drop
Steyer is the kind of guy who could just call Nancy Pelosi and she'd take his call, but he obviously wanted to get his message out a little more publicly.

Steyer gave $91 million to Democratic candidates in the 2016 cycle and $74 million for the frickin' midterms.

I don't think we should worry too much about what he does with $1 million.

That being said...I get that this is a total Catch-22 for Democrats, basically damned if they do, etc. At least from a political perspective. From an ethical/legal perspective it's malpractice if they don't do a full inquiry into this President's alleged wrongdoing.

It's not a catch 22. It's either doing something untimely or doing something timely. Just because people are mad doesn't make their anger valid. And it's not those people portrayed in that ad that harbors that sentiment. Its people that threw shade at Democrats (Like Steyer despite his money) while we were trying to win. They spent too much time trying to turn off Democrats.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2019 09:30PM by vision63.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: May 16, 2019 10:16PM
Haven’t seen the ad.

But are “we” convinced impeachment proceedings aren’t coming? It’s bizarre how some people not in Congress mysteriously know this answer.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: May 16, 2019 10:20PM
vision63
Speedy

Impeach the traitor.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: May 17, 2019 01:47AM
The House didn't need to worry about 45 TV during Watergate.

If the House does nothing, it sets a precedent that weakens Congress in the future. It seems like Dems are suffering from analysis paralysis. How do they get enough independent voters to pay attention to reverse the current polling numbers on impeachment?

Edit: wtf is up with the video... it won't play at all but it will download in 8 seconds. I guess it's just that Comcast sucks.

In tha 360. MRF User Map

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2019 01:49AM by Filliam H. Muffman.
Date: May 17, 2019 02:06AM
Speedy
vision63
Speedy

Impeach the traitor.

You can't because it doesn't make sense. Yet. The goal isn't to impeach him but to "get" him and to "get over" on him. Impeaching is just one weapon. Nancy Pelosi isn't publicly announcing her every move. We have a Russiadent in the white house + a corrupt admin + a corrupt GOP. They all have to be defeated. You don't do playing checkers.
Date: May 17, 2019 02:06AM
deckeda
Haven’t seen the ad.

But are “we” convinced impeachment proceedings aren’t coming? It’s bizarre how some people not in Congress mysteriously know this answer.

I'm sure there will be an impeachment.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: May 17, 2019 07:02AM
vision63
deckeda
Haven’t seen the ad.

I'm sure there will be an impeachment.

That does seem likely. Now, regarding the video ad, I do have a problem with the early part that says Trump did X for 2 years and Democrats did nothing.

Well, we know they eventually got control of the House, once that was possible to do so. That seems meaningful. Or maybe Steyer thinks Democrats shoulda somehow began impeachment right out of the gate with zero power, not even the Mueller report yet. Yeah, it’s the premise of the ad I find a little too conveniently “outraged.”
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: May 17, 2019 09:16AM
vision63
Speedy
vision63
Speedy

Impeach the traitor.

You can't because it doesn't make sense. Yet. The goal isn't to impeach him but to "get" him and to "get over" on him. Impeaching is just one weapon. Nancy Pelosi isn't publicly announcing her every move. We have a Russiadent in the white house + a corrupt admin + a corrupt GOP. They all have to be defeated. You don't do playing checkers.

I agree on Pelosi, she's playing a long game of chess and knows what she's doing. I trust her leadership.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 306
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018