advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Also Missouri
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: May 17, 2019 12:13PM
is about to pass a law that bans all abortions after 8 weeks, no exceptions for rape, incest or human trafficking.

The House is debating it now just approved it, Senate has already passed it, Gov. Mike Parsons says he will sign it.

GOP lawmaker: I was pregnant at 15 and homeless. This bill is the "right thing to do."
A Republican representative defended the abortion bill by recounting her experience as a teen mother.

"Life begins at conception," she said. She then addressed some criticism from Democratic members, who said if the Republican representatives were truly "pro-life," they would do more to to combat issues like childhood poverty.

“Mr. Speaker, I’m proud that our body, that our state is standing for the unborn. And I do care for those who go through poverty after they are born — I’ve lived it. Pregnant at 15 and homeless — I’ve lived it. With a family that I couldn't turn to — I’ve lived it."
"And this bill is the right thing to do," she said.

[www.stltoday.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2019 12:15PM by Lemon Drop.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Also Missouri
Posted by: Acer
Date: May 17, 2019 12:19PM
Any initiatives to prevent teen mother homelessness? Anyone? Beuller? Nope. Too busy poking Roe in the eye.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: May 17, 2019 12:24PM
Lemon Drop
is about to pass a law that bans all abortions after 8 weeks, no exceptions for rape, incest or human trafficking.

[www.stltoday.com]

TaliBaners

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2019 12:27PM by Steve G..
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: May 17, 2019 12:42PM
Y'all Quaeda.

I am ashamed of the state of my childhood. Not surprised, but still ashamed.

Religion is a main driver. I want to see the "Church of Satan" do the following:
1- Get recognized as a religion
2- file suit that their members are religiously allowed to perform / gain abortions.
3- Gain huge membership as a result.

I would also like to see other recognized religions that don't have any issue with Abortion to make the same claims and file the same lawsuits. CAN SOMEBODY please finally put paid to this damn "Christianity" hegemony over our politics.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: May 17, 2019 12:53PM
Acer
Any initiatives to prevent teen mother homelessness? Anyone? Beuller? Nope. Too busy poking Roe in the eye.

No of course not.

St Louis has laws that make it illegal to feed homeless people.

Missouri does not require that any type of sex ed be taught in schools. When it is taught it has to be abstinence-based. There is no mention of consent or assault in the MO curriculum.

Missouri is one of the states that intentionally left half a million people uninsured and billions of dollars on the table by refusing to expand Medicaid under the ACA.

There are some amazing nonprofits in MO that work with homeless teens and teens in crisis and provide shelter, access to education and healthcare and complete information about reproductive health but with this law the girls they work with will have no choice but to carry pregnancies to term, which is a whole other sort of trauma for them.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: May 17, 2019 12:59PM
It even gets worse. Traveling to another state for an abortion ? If the woman is under the age of 18, it's a federal charge. (Mann act)
Posted by: samintx
Date: May 17, 2019 06:11PM
What is “consensual rape” as described by a MO police officerconfused smiley
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: May 17, 2019 07:42PM
"Consensual rape” is when it's done by a reality TV star.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: deckeda
Date: May 17, 2019 10:38PM
Dana Milbank on the junk science being peddled for these new laws: [www.washingtonpost.com]

The quotes are cringeworthy in their ridiculousness.

When AL passed their’s, an advocate on the radio mentioned how much better “the science” is today (and that they use it as a basis for ramming these laws through.)

I’ll say it again: they aren’t brave enough to make a Bible argument or a “because it’s killing” argument. They have to smear on fake science to “legitimize” it for a science-based audience. It ain’t gonna work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 289
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018