advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
memory test: Whatever happened to...'antifa', 'caravans', middle class tax cut'?
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: May 17, 2019 12:51PM
Here's just three of the many crisis issues that were slapped in your face within memory by the Orange Buffoon: 'antifa', 'caravans', 'pre-election middle class tax cut'.
Then They DISAPPEARED!

Now I'm sure if you search your memory, you can remind us of the other vanished horrible enemies conjured up to sow bigotry, violence and hatred by the Short-fingering Vulgarian and Party of Treason.
Go ahead- list them here to help record the low points of American rhetoric.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: memory test: Whatever happened to...'antifa', 'caravans', middle class tax cut'?
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: May 17, 2019 12:53PM
They will reappear as we get closer to the election. Unless there is a succesful impeachment, conviction, and removal from office. At that point President Pence will fake fertile fundamentalist fascism to fluster fools.
Re: memory test: Whatever happened to...'antifa', 'caravans', middle class tax cut'?
Posted by: hal
Date: May 17, 2019 02:54PM
Just for kicks, tune into this forum 7, 8 10 years ago and see what people were talking about.

SO MANY arm waving, hysterical posts about some up coming disaster... most never happened. Many of us look pretty silly.

But to Steve's points, this is how the right responds:

antifa - still a big deal, but efforts have been successful

caravans - caravans have become the border crisis - that's what we have after it made it to the border.

middle class tax cut - done and done - don't you watch the news?
Posted by: deckeda
Date: May 17, 2019 03:14PM
That’s nothing. Just yesterday Supreme Leader declared ... wait for it ... a “national emergency” because of a Chinese smartphone maker. I think.

Ya’ll probably we’re aware since reception in your bunkers can be sketchy. Stay ready, preppers!
Posted by: Bernie
Date: May 17, 2019 03:15PM
Alfalfa is alive and well out west. I hear they rule Portland.

Conservative Activist Candace Owens Calls Antifa ‘Neo-@#$%&’ Before Speaking at Ivy League Republican Event
Newsweek 4-16-19
The announcement of Candace Owens speaking at the Republican chapter of an Ivy League school stirred up a local antifa group, and a war of words fired across social media over the weekend and leading up to Monday night’s event.

Owens, a black conservative political activist and commentator, was set to speak to the University of Pennsylvania’s College Republicans group on Monday, and she posted a video of her chatting with a handful of young black men while a siren blared in the background at the college. While the siren wailed, little could be heard what was said from anyone in the 1-minute clip.

But before the siren began, someone wearing what looked to be a mask covering their entire face yelled, “Get the f*** out of Philly. Get the f*** out.”

A mask covering the face is one of antifa’s identifying markers. Before that, someone without a mask could be seen yelling “a**hole” to Owens.

Owens posted the video of protests as she was apparently headed to speak Monday evening. With the video, she wrote, “Antifa is here!! Enjoy this video of the neo-@#$%& stalking and harassing me as I try to invite a group of peaceful black students into my event at UPENN.

The Washinton Post Feb 10 2019
According to the Tax Policy Center, 80 percent of filers received a tax cut, and about 5 percent wound up paying more in federal income taxes. The tax cuts showed up in fatter weekly or biweekly paychecks for most Americans, but few people noticed, according to polling.

“There’s a difference between taxes and your refund,” said Joseph Rosenberg, a senior research associate at the Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center at the Urban Institute. “People generally got a piece of their tax cut last year gradually in the form of lower withholding on their paychecks.”

Border at ‘Breaking Point’ as More Than 76,000 Unauthorized Migrants Cross in a Month
USA Today May 8th 2019
Southern border crossings by asylum-seeking migrants kept rising in April, set new record

Staunton, Virginia
Posted by: deckeda
Date: May 17, 2019 03:31PM
LOL that headline and the opening paragraphs literally refute your spin on the WaPo link as if the tax cuts are delivering on their promise of meaningful help to most Americans.

I mean, do you read ANYTHING you post? I can’t wait to click the other 2 links for incredible insights.

Conservatives are such robots when it comes to the catnip of tax cuts. Doesn’t matter how long they last or who they benefit, because whatever the taxes were providing was loooong ago dismissed.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: May 17, 2019 04:13PM
The "tax cut" benefited corporations, and people making over $400k per year.

The majority of middle class people paid more on April 15 this year because withholding was reduced as a way to fool them that the "tax cut" resulted in them paying less taxes. The China tariffs will essentially become a 10%-20% sales tax, which is regressive and costs low income people the most (45 voters).

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: May 17, 2019 04:31PM
actually I was referring to this gigantic lie:

"It’s been about two weeks since President Donald Trump said Republicans would deliver a 10 percent tax cut to the middle class before the 2018 midterm elections. Of course it was never going to happen.

and surprise, bernie--It never happened!
Posted by: Ted King
Date: May 17, 2019 04:48PM
Steve G.
actually I was referring to this gigantic lie:

"It’s been about two weeks since President Donald Trump said Republicans would deliver a 10 percent tax cut to the middle class before the 2018 midterm elections. Of course it was never going to happen.

and surprise, bernie--It never happened!

Oh, that. He was just kidding. He's such a josher. Lighten up.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: May 17, 2019 05:06PM
Owens was pursuing an undergraduate degree in journalism at the University of Rhode Island but left school after her junior year.

The gunman who committed the Christchurch mosque shootings produced a "manifesto" where he wrote that Owens had "influenced [him] above all".
Posted by: Speedy
Date: May 17, 2019 06:09PM
“And who’s going to pay for it? Mexico!”

“Lock her up!”

“This tax cut will pay for itself and balance the budget!”

“Remember, deficits and the debt only matter when Democrats are in power.”

(The last one was never uttered by a Republican and is the only truism in my list.)

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Bernie
Date: May 17, 2019 07:37PM
It was a tax cut.

He doubled the standard deductions.

Many people can do their own taxes.

Many people can not deduct their outrageous state income tax from their Federal taxes.

This is causing people to leave California and New York for states like Texas and Florida.

Staunton, Virginia
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: May 17, 2019 07:53PM
Bernie
Alfalfa is alive and well out west. I hear they rule Portland.

Oh, gosh, Darla!

Say it ain't so!
Posted by: btfc
Date: May 17, 2019 08:47PM
"I hear they rule Portland"

It's never too late to educate yourself:

[www.theatlantic.com]
Posted by: Speedy
Date: May 17, 2019 10:45PM
Bernie
It was a tax cut.

He doubled the standard deductions.

Many people can do their own taxes.

Many people can not deduct their outrageous state income tax from their Federal taxes.

This is causing people to leave California and New York for states like Texas and Florida.

Who got the biggest cut?

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: max
Date: May 18, 2019 05:47PM
Speedy
Who got the biggest cut?

Those who actually pay taxes?....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means, it is an end.
One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution;
one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 312
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018