Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Warning: President's Tweets rated R or maybe X
Posted by: samintx
Date: May 18, 2019 07:10AM
BE BEST !

"WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT"

That's how Reuters labeled a video clip of President Trump talking on Friday.

In a tweet, the newswire also included a "GRAPHIC LANGUAGE WARNING."

Why? Because the president cursed twice while lying about the media during an appearance at the National Association of Realtors: "Everything is 'A source says.' There is no source. The person doesn't exist. The person's not alive. It's @#$%&, OK? It's @#$%&."( Bull bull)

The crowd cheered. But the real B.S. was coming from Trump: "Just this week," The Hill's story noted, "an official from the Trump administration detailing its immigration plan did so on the condition they be referred to only as a senior administration official and not by their name."

>> Jim Acosta had a good line about this: "Much of the B.S. we hear over here at the White House is very much on the record..."

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2019 11:11AM by samintx.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Warning: President's Tweets rated R or maybe X
Posted by: deckeda
Date: May 18, 2019 09:24AM
I’m OK with coarse language and for elected officials it’s worse when they dance around a meaning to shine up a turd of an issue.

I don’t know if Trump truly doesn’t understand legit journalistic practices but it’s probably fair to say he doesn’t care anything about them.

It’s the Realtors (sorry, I can’t type the Trademark symbol but I know they often demand its inclusion) who should know better, since they’re actual people.

There’s a deeper problem here and it’s the pervasive “need” of literalism used in the service of false criticism. Hence you get the lie, no name = no person = it’s fake.

No, Don, it isn’t, but you are.

Usually this “logic” manifests as, If we can’t fix [the issue] 100% immediately, it either can’t be fixed at all or no improvement is worth doing (see also any 2nd Amendment argument, etc).
Posted by: GGD
Date: May 18, 2019 09:30AM
samintx
The person's not alive. It's @#$%&, OK? It's @#$%&.

Was he commenting on the recent anti-abortion laws?
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: May 18, 2019 11:57AM
As I recall , LBJ was one fulsome mother trucker ...
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: May 18, 2019 02:03PM
cbelt3
As I recall , LBJ was one fulsome mother trucker ...

Of course he was, but he didn't use it to rile up his fake-Christian moron base.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: May 18, 2019 03:56PM
One theory is 45 is doing it as indoctrination into his cult. Breaking down the emotional barriers of Evangelicals and other conservative single issue voters.

Hard to say if it will take a different fascist strongman from within the party to hijack them, or another 'outsider' like 45.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: vision63
Date: May 19, 2019 03:41PM
Filliam H. Muffman
One theory is 45 is doing it as indoctrination into his cult. Breaking down the emotional barriers of Evangelicals and other conservative single issue voters.

Hard to say if it will take a different fascist strongman from within the party to hijack them, or another 'outsider' like 45.

Or just defeat them. Problem solved.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 327
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018