advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Picking up Litter While Black
Posted by: btfc
Date: May 18, 2019 04:57PM
"Colorado cop who pulled gun on man picking up trash outside his home resigns"

' Atkinson, who is black and said after the incident that he felt he was racially profiled, showed Smyly, who is white, his student identification card, but the officer said he needed needed further proof.

On body-camera footage the city released Thursday, Atkinson can be heard saying, “I’m a student, I live here ... I’m doing my job.”

As Atkinson attempted to continue to pick up trash, Smyly told him, “You’re probably going to get tased,” and eventually pulled out his gun, claiming Atkinson’s trash grabber could be used as a weapon. '

[www.nbcnews.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Picking up Litter While Black
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: May 18, 2019 06:33PM
btfc

As Atkinson attempted to continue to pick up trash, Smyly told him, “You’re probably going to get tased,” and eventually pulled out his gun, claiming Atkinson’s trash grabber could be used as a weapon. '

That’s just like that scene in John Wick 3 where Wick does a backflip and uses a katana to chop off the arm of the grandmother in the Rascal scooter when she comes up behind him with a pooper scooper.

Or was that John Wick 2?
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: May 18, 2019 07:07PM
Boulder is not a "progressive" city. It's a bunch of very rich white environmentalists who take proactive steps to make sure nobody else feels welcome there, or can afford it.
Posted by: JoeH
Date: May 18, 2019 07:14PM
The officer who resigned will probably be working for another town within a couple months. Wonder what his future interactions will be like?
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: May 19, 2019 09:55AM
this definitely qualifies for top billing in the "police state" category
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: May 19, 2019 01:23PM
Smyly should be assigned to a precinct where ALL the citizens are black; as a Karmic lesson.
Posted by: timg
Date: May 20, 2019 08:16PM
DeusxMac
Smyly should be assigned to a precinct where ALL the citizens are black; as a Karmic lesson.

Better yet, he should get a job picking up trash in an all black community for minimum wage.

Skill without imagination is craftsmanship. Imagination without skill is Modern Art.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 260
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018