advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Are you listening, Don? The wisdom of George W Bush
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: May 19, 2019 09:32AM
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."—Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004

"Do you have blacks, too?"—To Brazilian President Fernando Cardoso, Washington, D.C., Nov. 8, 2001

"There's an old saying in Tennessee—I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee—that says, fool me once, shame on—shame on you. Fool me—you can't get fooled again."—Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Are you listening, Don? The wisdom of George W Bush
Posted by: deckeda
Date: May 19, 2019 09:53AM
The only thing worse than listening to or reading GWB’s cringeworthy pronouncements was being made constantly aware by his supporters that they never cared that he was a moron.

They don’t want leadership, they want guys who *make decisions* speaking of which, “I’m the deciderer.” I wonder if that one will also be in his Presidential Library, assuming it has books.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: May 19, 2019 12:46PM
You know things are bad when you miss having W as president.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: May 19, 2019 01:02PM
I remember a Bush supporter saying, "I like that when he makes a decision he sticks with it, even if it's wrong."
Posted by: deckeda
Date: May 19, 2019 02:04PM
Dennis S
I remember a Bush supporter saying, "I like that when he makes a decision he sticks with it, even if it's wrong."

Yes, there are millions who have such self esteem problems that the thought of introspection or thought terrifies them. Same crowd that often prays their elected leaders do the right thing, because direct involvement isn’t something they can stomach.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: May 19, 2019 03:28PM
Posted by: Acer
Date: May 19, 2019 11:01PM
Bush, bless his heart, at least made the effort to build a case. A bogus case we learned after the fact, of course, and a case that ruined Powell's career and killed 500,000, but a case nonetheless. They aren't even bothering this time.

To paraphrase a current meme format...

Nobody: "..."
Trump: "Attack Iran!"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 272
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018