advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Moving the USS McCain, WH: “not an unreasonable thing to do.” It gets worse before it gets better. Or at least denied completely.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: June 03, 2019 08:56PM
Words fail me.

Too bad they didn’t fail him.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Moving the USS McCain, WH: “not an unreasonable thing to do.” It gets worse before it gets better. Or at least denied completely.
Posted by: Acer
Date: June 03, 2019 09:01PM
Such a little man.
Re: Moving the USS McCain, WH: “not an unreasonable thing to do.” It gets worse before it gets better. Or at least denied completely.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: June 03, 2019 09:05PM
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: June 03, 2019 10:10PM
“My friends tell me, Mulvaney, you’re the hard-core right-winger, you’re dealing with a president who’s not on the same page all the time, you must be losing all the time,” he says. “I’m like, well, at least I’m losing at the very highest levels!
-[www.politico.com] (Sept 1 2017)

That was back in September 2017. Now he is a practiced loser.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: June 03, 2019 11:34PM
When I read that this morning I thought, "Ooh, OK it was Mulvaney who made that happen." Makes sense. Would some random advisor blithely call up the Navy and make the request? Or someone who has to deal with the toddler in chief every day? C'Mon!

It's not as if whomever replenishes the printer paper and the Sweet'N Low emailed the Navy and made the request.

No.

But it would take a non-coward to come clean, and that's not EVER gonna be Mick Mulvaney. Instead, it's "reasonable" and so, this is all normal.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: June 04, 2019 05:17AM
It is easy to see who would make the request, I prefer to applaud those who said no. It takes some cajones to refuse a White House request, even to buck it to the next level where you might be overruled at any point. Sticking one's neck out in the military is seldom a safe decision.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Posted by: steve...
Date: June 04, 2019 09:34AM
What's with Mulvaney's Nazi glasses?

Northern California Coast
Posted by: Z
Date: June 04, 2019 10:43AM
steve...
What's with Mulvaney's Nazi glasses?

Posted by: GGD
Date: June 04, 2019 11:27AM
Just a guess, the conversation went like this

"Can you rename it the USS Donald J Trump?"
"OK, then how about moving it or covering it up?"
Posted by: Acer
Date: June 04, 2019 11:48AM
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: June 04, 2019 11:59AM
GGD
Just a guess, the conversation went like this

"Can you rename it the USS Donald J Trump?"
"OK, then how about moving it or covering it up?"
That was after they said no to renaming them all the USS Donald J Trump.

They decided to table the requests till next year for the Stealth Jared Bomber, the Stealth Jared Fighter and the M1 Melania tank after all this.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: June 04, 2019 01:49PM
deckeda
When I read that this morning I thought, "Ooh, OK it was Mulvaney who made that happen."

agree smiley
Posted by: btfc
Date: June 06, 2019 03:12PM
I'm waiting for the Donald J. Trump toxic waste dump.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: June 06, 2019 05:22PM
btfc
I'm waiting for the Donald J. Trump toxic waste dump.

...wait for it...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 269
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018