advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Today in Unnecessary Presidenting: Travel restrictions to Cuba
Posted by: Acer
Date: June 04, 2019 01:01PM
Cause Cuba's been mEDDLING in our affairs!

[www.cnn.com]

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said in the statement that the restrictions are a result of Cuba continuing "to play a destabilizing role in the Western Hemisphere, providing a communist foothold in the region and propping up US adversaries in places like Venezuela and Nicaragua by fomenting instability, undermining the rule of law, and suppressing democratic processes. Also, Obama."

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Today in Unnecessary Presidenting: Travel restrictions to Cuba
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: June 04, 2019 01:09PM
So this essentially roles everything back to 2006. I'm sure the cruise lines are just thrilled with this.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

"WE CALL BS!" -- Emma Gonzalez
Posted by: DavidS
Date: June 04, 2019 03:32PM
Ombligo
So this essentially roles everything back to 2006. I'm sure the cruise lines are just thrilled with this.

My parents did a cruise to Cuba a few months ago. They loved it. Just last night, I was looking at Sir Richard Branson's new boat that will be stopping in Havana every 10-14 days or so, beginning next year. Maybe I'll wait until they figure this out to book a trip.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: June 04, 2019 03:37PM
DavidS
Ombligo

My parents did a cruise to Cuba a few months ago. They loved it. Just last night, I was looking at Sir Richard Branson's new boat that will be stopping in Havana every 10-14 days or so, beginning next year. Maybe I'll wait until they figure this out to book a trip.

If you're a U.S. citizen or live in the U.S., it's going to be tough to book a cruise trip to Cuba from the states as of now. That's what this story means.

You can book a cruise that starts from a non-U.S. locale, but you may still be violating U.S. Treasury rules about spending money on/in Cuba.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: deckeda
Date: June 04, 2019 06:32PM
Mnuchin also said, “And you know, they have brown skin. Putin, who does all of the things I’ve just mentioned, does NOT have brown skin.”
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 319
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018