advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
HOPE HICKS BREAKS WITH TRUMP - will hand over docs to congress after Trump ordered her not to
Posted by: hal
Date: June 04, 2019 05:36PM
[www.reuters.com]

Former White House Communications Director Hope Hicks, once a close aide to President Donald Trump, has agreed to turn over documents related to his 2016 election campaign to congressional investigators, a top Democratic lawmaker said on Tuesday.

The agreement marks a step forward for House of Representatives Judiciary Committee chairman Jerrold Nadler in investigations of Republican Trump and his inner circle, digging into the campaign, his turbulent presidency and business interests.

Hicks, Trump’s former campaign press secretary, agreed to supply the documents from the campaign, despite a White House directive advising her not to provide the committee with material from her subsequent time at the White House.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: HOPE HICKS BREAKS WITH TRUMP - will hand over docs to congress after Trump ordered her not to
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: June 04, 2019 05:56PM
....so Hope.....Floats......??

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Re: HOPE HICKS BREAKS WITH TRUMP - will hand over docs to congress after Trump ordered her not to
Posted by: Speedy
Date: June 04, 2019 06:19PM
I’m... Hopeful.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: June 04, 2019 06:43PM
Victims of traumatic experiences often take months or years to come around to the point where they're ready to talk about the events.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2019 06:43PM by Sarcany.
Posted by: Bernie
Date: June 04, 2019 07:03PM
Hicks’ attorney Robert Trout said in a letter to Nadler that Hicks would not hand over documents related to Trump’s time in the White House and his presidential transition period because administration attorneys believe the papers may be subject to a claim of executive privilege by Trump.

Trout said that Hicks was handing over a computer disc containing documents from Trump’s campaign period that were not previously given to the committee.

Well played.

Staunton, Virginia
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: June 04, 2019 07:21PM
Likely NBD. She's mentioned frequently in the Mueller Report, but regarding obstruction events after the election.
Posted by: vision63
Date: June 05, 2019 12:28AM
"I ain't do nothin"
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: June 05, 2019 07:00AM
It's well known that the administration has (likely illegally) forced administration employees to sign NDAs covering their time working in the White House.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: June 05, 2019 09:18AM
....Hope.....chest.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: deckeda
Date: June 05, 2019 03:07PM
Bernie
...Well played.

Yes, because obstructing truth is apparently nothing more than a game, with zero moral relevance.

We'll see later how well you continue to enjoy the show.
Posted by: Kraniac
Date: June 06, 2019 08:19AM
vision63
"I ain't do nothin"

LOL
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 292
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018