advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Trump suspends tariffs on Mexico
Posted by: Bernie
Date: June 08, 2019 08:47AM
Reuters

Our President Trump got this done with NO help from the GOP Senate who threatened to abandon him instead of standing strong as the President suspends tariffs on Mexico after deal on immigration reached.

Staunton, Virginia

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2019 08:51AM by Bernie.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Trump suspends tariffs on Mexico
Posted by: deckeda
Date: June 08, 2019 09:22AM
A few days ago tariffs were a really grand and smart idea. What made you change your mind?

Trump “did something” so it’s all good?

Did it ever occur to you that when a President goes against both parties that it might not be THEM who’s out of touch?

Since immigration is Trump’s signature paranoia, do you think A) this will work, B) we’ll stop hearing about the brown people invading us C) this is a nothingburger that fixed a nothingburger
Posted by: sekker
Date: June 08, 2019 09:25AM
I’m trying to understand what Bernie says happened? Orange Man changed his mind? Great.
Date: June 08, 2019 09:28AM
Now all he has to “do” is reach blackmail deals with the rest of the world.

April jobs: 224,000
May jobs: 75,000

oops

stagnant wages: bummer, maybe they can just switch to new jobs that are drying up

Not a problem, he’s got a cartoon Easy button on his desk.

[www.washingtonpost.com]
Date: June 08, 2019 09:31AM
sekker
I’m trying to understand what Bernie says happened? Orange Man changed his mind? Great.

Trump alone, the great seeker and seer of all, knows all and does all. Everyone else is clueless. He is after all, a genius. There are no flaws when you’re perfect and everything you touch turns to gold, if only everyone else would just let it happen.

It’s so Easy.
Date: June 08, 2019 10:04AM
The Amazon Post
Mexico said it will deploy 13 contingents of newly formed national guard units that will operate like a militarized police force, with 10 groups of 450 to 600 troops assigned to the border with Guatemala. Three additional contingents will be deployed to the Isthmus of Tehuantepec in southern Mexico, a geographic chokepoint, to set up roadblocks and highway checkpoints.

By September, up to 6,000 national guard troops will be deployed in southern Mexico, up from the force of 1,500 federal police officers currently there, officials said.

US News

The Mexican Finance Ministry said on Thursday it blocked the bank accounts of 26 people for their alleged involvement in human trafficking, as Mexico broadens its migration clampdown under intense pressure from U.S. President Donald Trump.

The ministry's Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) said in a statement it froze the accounts due to "probable links with human trafficking and illegal aid to migrant caravans."

The United States is looking for Mexico to target people-smuggling organizations as part of a package of actions on immigration to stave off punitive tariffs threatened by Trump.

The move comes a day after the government sent soldiers and armed police to block a large group of migrants crossing into Mexico from Guatemala, detaining at least 350, and arrested two prominent migrant rights activists in Mexico City.

‘Mexico to buy from US patriot farmers!’ Trump fires out apparent details of new dealRussian Times: ‘Mexico to buy from US patriot farmers!’ Trump fires out apparent details

Staunton, Virginia

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2019 10:16AM by Bernie.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: June 08, 2019 10:54AM
Trump Calls Off Plan to Impose Tariffs on Mexico
[forums.macresource.com]
Date: June 08, 2019 11:06AM
And we now have a link to RT.

That’s wonderful, comrade.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: June 08, 2019 11:47AM

No, they did not.

He loves this fairy tale:

Date: June 08, 2019 11:53AM
good comment:
"When did the deal change to one about buying farm products? They're already our second-largest buyer of agricultural products. What does that have to do with the supposed emergency?"
Posted by: GGD
Date: June 08, 2019 12:02PM
Steve G.
good comment:
"When did the deal change to one about buying farm products? They're already our second-largest buyer of agricultural products. What does that have to do with the supposed emergency?"

And now they're even going to send thousands of their people to help these farmers out by working the fields.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: June 08, 2019 12:27PM
All this effort to "fix" immigration problems has blatantly made it all worse. There were good reasons that Shrub didn't want to mess with this delicate house of cards that benefits agriculture and consumers; being from Texas he understood how it works.

Posted by: sekker
Date: June 08, 2019 01:03PM
Bernie
The Amazon Post
Mexico said it will deploy 13 contingents of newly formed national guard units that will operate like a militarized police force, with 10 groups of 450 to 600 troops assigned to the border with Guatemala. Three additional contingents will be deployed to the Isthmus of Tehuantepec in southern Mexico, a geographic chokepoint, to set up roadblocks and highway checkpoints.

By September, up to 6,000 national guard troops will be deployed in southern Mexico, up from the force of 1,500 federal police officers currently there, officials said.

US News

The Mexican Finance Ministry said on Thursday it blocked the bank accounts of 26 people for their alleged involvement in human trafficking, as Mexico broadens its migration clampdown under intense pressure from U.S. President Donald Trump.

The ministry's Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) said in a statement it froze the accounts due to "probable links with human trafficking and illegal aid to migrant caravans."

The United States is looking for Mexico to target people-smuggling organizations as part of a package of actions on immigration to stave off punitive tariffs threatened by Trump.

The move comes a day after the government sent soldiers and armed police to block a large group of migrants crossing into Mexico from Guatemala, detaining at least 350, and arrested two prominent migrant rights activists in Mexico City.

‘Mexico to buy from US patriot farmers!’ Trump fires out apparent details of new dealRussian Times: ‘Mexico to buy from US patriot farmers!’ Trump fires out apparent details

This is clearly a 'show' response to save face with 45. But if we can make some lemonade out of this mess, I'm ok with that.

The best way to deal with 'illegal' immigration is to have a rich economy with stable governments in our part of the world. Then people would prefer to stay home.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: June 08, 2019 01:05PM
If you believe that Mexico is actually going to do anything significant, I will sell you 666 Fifth Avenue for the bargain price of $4 billion.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Date: June 08, 2019 01:08PM
sekker

The best way to deal with 'illegal' immigration is to have a rich economy with stable governments in our part of the world. Then people would prefer to stay home.

I quite agree. Mexico is a great country with many opportunities, But in Merica it is free.

Staunton, Virginia
Posted by: hal
Date: June 08, 2019 02:07PM
I LOVED it when Schumer was asked about the tariffs and he said (paraphrase), 'We've seen this before - he'll bluster about and then cancel the threat at the last moment'. He wasn't at all worried that the tariffs would go into affect. Trump was PISSED! I hope Schumer gets in front of a mic today and rubs it in a little deeper.

Today he said, "[Trump] has announced that he has cut a deal to 'greatly reduce, or eliminate, Illegal Immigration coming from Mexico and into the United States.'

Now that that problem is solved, I’m sure we won’t be hearing any more about it in the future."
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: June 08, 2019 02:08PM
Roots of fascism.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: June 08, 2019 02:18PM
Trump soothed his ego for a couple of days. What will he say when the border situation doesn't improve 1%?
Posted by: Ted King
Date: June 08, 2019 02:32PM
"The United States commits to work to accelerate the adjudication of asylum claims and to conclude removal proceedings as expeditiously as possible."

So Trump is going to dramatically increase funding for asylum claim case workers and judges? I'll believe that when I see it.
Posted by: hal
Date: June 08, 2019 02:36PM
Dennis S
Trump soothed his ego for a couple of days. What will he say when the border situation doesn't improve 1%?

Mnuchin says Trump still has authority to impose tariffs if Mexico does not abide by immigration deal

try to contain your shock
Posted by: Speedy
Date: June 08, 2019 02:50PM
Seems like we won’t need The Wall! Winning!!

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Date: June 08, 2019 02:55PM
But wait, if there are no emergency tariffs, then how will Mexico pay for the wall?
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: June 08, 2019 03:25PM
Ted King
"The United States commits to work to accelerate the adjudication of asylum claims and to conclude removal proceedings as expeditiously as possible."

So Trump is going to dramatically increase funding for asylum claim case workers and judges? I'll believe that when I see it.

No money left. All going to Glorious Wall.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: bfd
Date: June 08, 2019 03:27PM
The emperor has no clothes.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: June 08, 2019 03:47PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2019 03:48PM by Ted King.
Posted by: davester
Date: June 10, 2019 03:04PM
Bernie
sekker

I quite agree. Mexico is a great country with many opportunities, But in Merica it is free.

I have no idea what on earth this post even means, however I will remind you that Mexico is also part of "Merica" something I believe that you were suggesting is not the case.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2019 03:04PM by davester.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 298
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018