advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
An interesting graphic from Bloomberg
Posted by: pdq
Date: June 08, 2019 09:34AM
That booming stock market? It looks suspiciously like during the horrible Obama economy:

Now, you may say that that’s not fair, since Obama’s economy was just bouncing back from a deep hole. Or you may say that’s not fair, since Obama inherited an economy and stock market in free fall, Trump inherited a healthy one, and Trump gave trillion(s) to corporations to pad their earnings and juice stock buybacks.

But I found it an interesting comparison anyway.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: An interesting graphic from Bloomberg
Posted by: sekker
Date: June 08, 2019 12:56PM
I'll take Obama's anytime - doesn't need to rob from the poor to feed the rich.
Posted by: hal
Date: June 08, 2019 02:13PM
Pretty meaningless chart. The obama period is a natural reaction to a sharp downward drop. The Trump rise on top of YEARS of gains is really unnatural and quite impressive if observed in a bubble. I suspect the crash that follows will be impressive too.
Posted by: Acer
Date: June 08, 2019 04:07PM
Trump had one good year. It's been whipsawing back and forth since February 2018. Periodic abrupt craters make the subsequent slow climb back out feel like winning when it's really running in place in the long view.
Posted by: Ammo
Date: June 08, 2019 10:10PM
As my investment advisor nervously observed just before the big downturn last December, “Trump is pouring gasoline on the market right now.” I think he bought that gas on credit.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. —Wendy Mass
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: June 08, 2019 11:48PM
Would you let Donald Trump manage your portfolio?
Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: June 09, 2019 08:38PM
hal
Pretty meaningless chart. The obama period is a natural reaction to a sharp downward drop. The Trump rise on top of YEARS of gains is really unnatural and quite impressive if observed in a bubble. I suspect the crash that follows will be impressive too.

+1000

Can't wait to see how al those "I'm 100% stocks" posters over at bogleheads react to the next extended stock market drop.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 292
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018