advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Treason! Trump says NY Times and CNN the enemy of the people
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: June 09, 2019 11:05AM
"The Failing @nytimes, & ratings challenged @CNN, will do anything possible to see our Country fail! They are truly The Enemy of the People!?”
[nypost.com]

This guy has got to go.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2019 11:05AM by Steve G..
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Treason! Trump says NY Times and CNN the enemy of the people
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: June 09, 2019 11:16AM
THIS JUST IN

February 17, 2017:
Trump tweets the media is 'the enemy of the American People'.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: sekker
Date: June 09, 2019 11:53AM
The more he tweets, the higher the ratings for CNN and the more subs for NYT.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: June 09, 2019 12:57PM
It's absolutely critical to vilify venerated sources of news, and to exaggerate every real flaw as conclusively devastating.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: June 09, 2019 01:05PM
Propaganda techniques
(starting at "A")

- Ad hominem...attacking one's opponent, as opposed to attacking their arguments.

- Ad nauseam...tireless repetition of an idea. An idea, especially a simple slogan, that is repeated enough times, may begin to be taken as the truth. This approach is more effective alongside the propagandist limiting or controlling the media.

- Agenda setting...If a news item is covered frequently and prominently, the audience will regard the issue as more important.

- Appeal to fear...build support by instilling anxieties and panic in the general population

- Appeal to prejudice...Using loaded or emotive terms

- Big Lie...supplant the public's accurate perception of the underlying events

- Cherry picking...selection of the truth which is requisite for the desired outcome, and tell it in such a way that the recipient does not perceive it as propaganda

- Common man...win the confidence of the audience by communicating in the common manner and style of the target audience

- Cult of personality...uses mass media to create an idealized and heroic public image, often through unquestioning flattery and praise

- Demonizing the enemy...make those who support the opposing viewpoint appear to be worthless, or immoral, through suggestion or false accusations

- Divide and rule...gaining and maintaining power by breaking up larger concentrations of power into pieces

- Exaggeration... making something appear more powerful, meaningful, or real than it actually is

etc, etc, etc
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: June 09, 2019 01:56PM
What else would you expect from the Incel Banana Republic El Presidente...

In tha 360. [url=Zee Maps Now requires a subscription/payment to work]MRF User Map[/url]
Posted by: max
Date: June 09, 2019 03:27PM
deckeda
It's absolutely critical to vilify venerated sources of news, and to exaggerate every real flaw as conclusively devastating.

That is an accurate description of 90% posts on this board and their authors' Trump Derangement Syndrome....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means, it is an end.
One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution;
one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship."
Posted by: bfd
Date: June 09, 2019 03:45PM
Someone else (besides Trump) appears to have gone off their meds again …
Date: June 09, 2019 04:58PM
max
deckeda

That is an accurate description of 90% posts on this board and their authors' Trump Derangement Syndrome....

So rather defend the Constitution and freedom of the press, you are attacking members of this board? Tell me again how you are not helping Orange Man?
Posted by: hal
Date: June 09, 2019 07:15PM
sekker
max
deckeda

So rather defend the Constitution and freedom of the press, you are attacking members of this board? Tell me again how you are not helping Orange Man?

This is what max does - he has no interest in conversing with others here. His goal is to prove once and for all that everyone here is an idiot.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: June 09, 2019 09:07PM
“...people with Narcissistic Personality Disorder may exhibit fragile egos, an inability to tolerate criticism, and a tendency to belittle others in an attempt to validate their own superiority.”
Posted by: Thrift Store Scott
Date: June 10, 2019 06:27AM
Filliam H. Muffman
What else would you expect from the Incel Banana Republic El Presidente...

"Incel" in reference to Trump? Say what you like about him and on most things I won't disagree, but because of money, privilege, and later on fame I seriously doubt that Trump has ever had any trouble getting laid or that he has ever been involuntarily celibate.

Lie to me if you must, but don't lie to me and insult my intelligence in the same sentence.
Date: June 11, 2019 03:02AM
DeusxMac
“...people with Narcissistic Personality Disorder may exhibit fragile egos, an inability to tolerate criticism, and a tendency to belittle others in an attempt to validate their own superiority.”

That does explain mosts of your posts, DeusxMac, but do you have anything else to add to this subject of the Trump obsession?....

sekker
max
deckeda

Yep, I do not have a Trump hangup, for me he is just another guy I did not vote for that is running the country today, just like Clinton, just like Obama, just like Bush. And just like the others we will get over this.
The difference between us is that I can step back, assess the situation objectively and deal with it as effectively as possible, instead of painting your orgasmic wet dreams as if it was our political reality.
I am not the snowflake having conniptions because somebody else does not share my views, but I do enjoy pointing out yours.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means, it is an end.
Date: June 11, 2019 03:06AM
hal
This is what max does - he has no interest in conversing with others here. His goal is to prove once and for all that everyone here is an idiot.

Not quite there, hal. I just have to quote them, they do the rest.

I do have conversations with those who are willing to discuss the subject....

Date: June 11, 2019 12:59PM
max, thank you for your posts. I’m sorry that you do not feel that any modern political process represents your views. I’ve met the last three US Senators in my state of MN and would feel comfortable calling them about any issue I might have.

I prefer to try to discuss policies and outcomes rather than attacking people on this board directly when I can. I’m not sure what that gets you.

But I have family members that like to argue, so maybe that’s all there is here.

I will stand by my statement that there is no such thing as a protest vote. When you and the current people with related views like many Millennials understand that, our political system can move forward. I look forward to the democratic debates and will vote for the winner regardless of my personal favorite. Will you?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 320
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018