advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
More incredible LIES:"Trump waves a single sheet of paper that he claims holds secret Mexico deal"
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: June 11, 2019 03:02PM
Trump waves a single sheet of paper that he claims holds secret Mexico deal
[www.nbcnews.com]
Mexico's Foreign Secretary says he's lying.

Mexico has denied the existence of any such secret agreement. On Tuesday, Mexican Foreign Secretary Marcelo Ebrard held up his own sheet of paper and pointed to the publicly announced details of the agreement, the Associated Press reported. "There is no other thing beyond what I have just explained," he said.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: More incredible LIES:"Trump waves a single sheet of paper that he claims holds secret Mexico deal"
Posted by: mattkime
Date: June 11, 2019 03:08PM
Wouldn't a big deal mean a big stack of paper? I'm unimpressed!

Re: More incredible LIES:"Trump waves a single sheet of paper that he claims holds secret Mexico deal"
Posted by: deckeda
Date: June 11, 2019 03:10PM
But our sheet of meaningless paper must be better than theirs.
Posted by: hal
Date: June 11, 2019 03:15PM
mattkime

"Here's the agreement. A very simple agreement," the president added. "This is one page of a very long and very good agreement for both Mexico and the United States. Without the tariffs, we would've had nothing. We had nothing two weeks ago."
Posted by: bfd
Date: June 11, 2019 03:16PM
Only I can wave the most meaningless piece of paper in the world.

Posted by: GGD
Date: June 11, 2019 03:27PM
That's Mexico's payment for the wall, he's had it all the time, just never thought about showing or mentioning it.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: June 11, 2019 04:53PM
mattkime

He used his stack of papers faking his income tax returns.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: June 11, 2019 05:10PM
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: June 11, 2019 06:27PM
Dennis S
mattkime

He used stacks of blank paper to pretend that he was signing over his real estate business before taking office.

Date: June 11, 2019 06:30PM
Sarcany
Dennis S
mattkime

He used stacks of blank paper to pretend that he was signing over his real estate business before taking office.

I bet he could fool his idiot supporters into believing he pulled a quarter out of their nose.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: June 11, 2019 08:08PM
Mexico already had planned to use the military on its southern frontier to discourage immigration north. Pres. Trump simply wants to take credit as though he just now forced Mexico’s hand when it had been in the works for many months. Nothing keeps this president from grandstanding.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: btfc
Date: June 11, 2019 10:09PM
mattkime

A big stack would only emphasize the smallness of his hands.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2019 10:27PM by btfc.
Date: June 11, 2019 10:20PM
His usage of props as "evidence" of accomplishment continues to be wince-inducing.
Date: June 11, 2019 10:48PM
I'd like some news person to insist on seeing one of these fake props close up and hound him until he has them carted off. That's all he could do because it won't exist.
Date: June 11, 2019 11:08PM
It’s not fake, but it IS still a prop.

WaPo got a photo and published what words were visible: [www.washingtonpost.com]
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: June 12, 2019 07:55AM
What color were the crayons used to write up the talking points ? And do they take them away from the staffer before he starts eating them again ?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 252
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018