advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
“I’m sorry, Mr. President. Were you threatening me with prison time?” the reporter asked.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: June 21, 2019 10:38AM
and his supporters and apologists yawn

[www.washingtonpost.com]

“... confidentially, I didn’t give it to you to take photographs of my latest fake prop it— so don’t play that game with me.”
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: “I’m sorry, Mr. President. Were you threatening me with prison time?” the reporter asked.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: June 21, 2019 11:35AM
Link behind paywall
Re: “I’m sorry, Mr. President. Were you threatening me with prison time?” the reporter asked.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: June 21, 2019 11:45AM
Time magazine: Trump threatened reporter with prison time
[thehill.com]

President Trump reportedly appeared to threaten a Time magazine reporter with prison time after a photographer tried to take a picture of a letter from North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, Time reports.

During an interview with the publication in the Oval Office on Monday, Trump asked the reporters to go off the record while he showed them the letter he received from Kim.

According to the interview transcript, the photographer appeared to try and snap a photo of the document, but White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said it wasn’t allowed.

Later on in the interview, the publication asked Trump about former Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski, who testified that the president, “under threat of prison time,” told him to direct former Attorney General Jeff Sessions to reverse his recusal from the Justice Department's investigation into Russian election interference.

“Excuse me,” Trump said. “Under Section II — well, you can go to prison instead, because, if you use, if you use the photograph you took of the letter I gave you ... confidentially, I didn’t give it to you to take photographs of it.

“So don’t play that game with me,” Trump said.

“I’m sorry, Mr. President,” the reporter responded. “Were you threatening me with prison time?”

“Well, I told you the following. I told you you can look at this off-the-record. That doesn’t mean you take out your camera and start taking pictures of it. O.K.?” Trump said. “So I hope you don’t have a picture of it."

“You can’t do that stuff,” he continued. “So go have fun with your story. Because I’m sure it will be the 28th horrible story I have in Time magazine. ... With all I’ve done and the success I’ve had, the way that Time magazine writes is absolutely incredible.”
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: June 21, 2019 12:22PM
Let’s not leave out James Coney’s recollection of Trump’s knee slapper about reporters being raped in prison, ”This isn’t the first time Trump has suggested jailing journalists. Former FBI director James B. Comey recalled in a conversation with the president regarding leaks in the media that Trump said that one solution would be to have reporters “spend a couple days in jail, make a new friend and they are ready to talk.”

In the words of Maya Angelou, “When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.” We’re into, what, five digits of being shown who he is?
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: June 21, 2019 02:29PM
You can not begin to imagine how much a reporter would love to be jailed by Trump. It would be a professional badge of honor. I spent a career in a newsroom of top-flight journalists, jail does not frighten them at all.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Posted by: Ted King
Date: June 21, 2019 04:09PM

Later on in the interview, the publication asked Trump about former Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski, who testified that the president, “under threat of prison time,” told him to direct former Attorney General Jeff Sessions to reverse his recusal from the Justice Department's investigation into Russian election interference.

“Excuse me,” Trump said. “Under Section II — well, you can go to prison instead, because, if you use, if you use the photograph you took of the letter I gave you ... confidentially, I didn’t give it to you to take photographs of it.

He sure didn't like that question.
Posted by: GGD
Date: June 22, 2019 07:26AM
Steve G.
Because I’m sure it will be the 28th horrible story I have in Time magazine. ... With all I’ve done and the success I’ve had, the way that Time magazine writes is absolutely incredible.”

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 236
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018