advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Idiot Trump blames insane Revolutionary War remarks on teleprompter going out
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: July 05, 2019 11:32AM
Sure it did. What if it did? What idiot just starts mouthing off about airports in the 1700's? You idiot. You worthless idiot.

[www.politicususa.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Idiot Trump blames insane Revolutionary War remarks on teleprompter going out
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: July 05, 2019 11:42AM
.....he lies so much that it has become an automated response.....and he actually believes what he says......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Re: Idiot Trump blames insane Revolutionary War remarks on teleprompter going out
Posted by: Pam
Date: July 05, 2019 12:24PM
In another interview he said he knew the speech and did not need a teleprompter. Given the speech it's clear he had a large role in its contents. Not only bad history but his dog whistle statement that this country was founded by citizens. He's probably the first person to say citizens instead of immigrants.
Date: July 05, 2019 12:30PM
If he didn't use a teleprompter, why did he keep awkwardly turning from left to right and right to left?
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: July 05, 2019 12:34PM
Hard to believe that Trump Airlines went bankrupt with the George Washington Army ramming the airport ramparts behind us.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: July 05, 2019 01:55PM
Pam
... He's probably the first person to say citizens instead of immigrants.

He’s probably the first person to not understand citizens can’t form countries if they’re already citizens of that country.
Posted by: Janit
Date: July 05, 2019 02:04PM
deckeda
Pam
... He's probably the first person to say citizens instead of immigrants.

He’s probably the first person to not understand citizens can’t form countries if they’re already citizens of that country.

And that countries that aren't formed yet don't have citizens yet either.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: July 05, 2019 02:19PM
i surmised that the teleprompter went out. what was pathetically obvious is that he has no sense of history or logic to know when he is speaking nonsense. everyone misspeaks but most of us have an oops meter that goes off and we pause to think, no, wait, that’s not right. 45 is narcissistic perfection and therefore has no oops meter.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2019 02:22PM by graylocks.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: July 05, 2019 02:20PM
oops...

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2019 02:21PM by graylocks.
Posted by: hal
Date: July 05, 2019 03:27PM

Trump told reporters outside the White House that the teleprompter went “kaput” at times during his speech.

“And I guess the rain knocked out the teleprompter,” he said. “I knew the speech very well. So I was able to do without a teleprompter, but the teleprompter did go out and it was actually hard to look at anyway because [there] was rain all over it.”

We need quick witted journalists that can get that followup out in a hurry.

"Mr President, you say that you knew the speech very well and didn't need the teleprompter. Can you explain why your speech (that you remembered very well) contains references to Airports in the 18th century because it sounded like gibberish to us."
Date: July 05, 2019 04:02PM
graylocks
i surmised that the teleprompter went out. what was pathetically obvious is that he has no sense of history or logic to know when he is speaking nonsense. everyone misspeaks but most of us have an oops meter that goes off and we pause to think, no, wait, that’s not right. 45 is narcissistic perfection and therefore has no oops meter.

I think his brain is going, like when he kept saying "oranges."
Posted by: Ted King
Date: July 05, 2019 04:19PM
Dennis S
graylocks

I think his brain is going, like when he kept saying "oranges."

He is sounding more addled as his term wears on (and on, and on), but I also think a lot of these things happen because he is exceedingly ignorant, cannot properly focus on matters that may not directly involve his narcissistic self but matter to the country and is extremely lazy (relative to how much work a president ought to do) which leads to him constantly winging it because he isn't prepared. And he has been given the power to lie without consequence by his supporters and Republican representatives. So in these kinds of situations what we get is a barely coherent set of free associations of things he would like to be true at the moment that somehow relate in his mind to the emotional buttons of his base that he is trying to push.

By the way, wasn't there a time when he got a kick out of pushing the "Obama can't speak without a teleprompter" line of BS?
Posted by: vision63
Date: July 05, 2019 04:44PM
See, he's just dumb.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: July 05, 2019 05:09PM
I've said for ages that when he has to stick to a script, he just says the words with no idea what he is mouthing. He looks very bored and I know it makes him crazy when he's told not to adlib.

The teleprompter probably skipped a beat or two and he tried to work from memory since he wasn't supposed to speak off the cuff. And at this point I think we can all agree he is woefully lacking in memory skills.

Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: July 05, 2019 05:23PM
$tevie
I've said for ages that when he has to stick to a script, he just says the words with no idea what he is mouthing. He looks very bored and I know it makes him crazy when he's told not to adlib.

The teleprompter probably skipped a beat or two and he tried to work from memory since he wasn't supposed to speak off the cuff. And at this point I think we can all
agree he is woefully lacking in memory skills.

Yup. I would also say that he has a form of ADD, and this stuff is too much for him to handle.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: July 05, 2019 08:00PM
1) isn’t aware
2) doesn’t care
3) won’t admit mistakes

And his supporters and apologists remain silent.
Posted by: pdq
Date: July 06, 2019 08:49AM
Heh. Remember when the wingnuts were all “Har-har! Obama uses a teleprompter!”?

Yep. Same as Dubya, and every president or presidential candidate since the darn thing was invented.

But Obama never started confabulating airports at Fort McHendry when it went out.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: July 06, 2019 09:33AM
The TelePrompTer never went out. He got lost.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: July 06, 2019 10:54AM
It WAS an awful lot of words to have to read all in one speech!

Posted by: Ted King
Date: July 06, 2019 11:21AM
$tevie
It WAS an awful lot of words to have to read all in one speech!

smiley-laughing001
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 157
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018