Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Trump defends Acosta amid Epstein scrutiny
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: July 09, 2019 12:01PM
Trump defends Acosta amid Epstein scrutiny
many sources. this is one=> [thehill.com]

President Trump on Tuesday defended Labor Secretary Alexander Acosta, who is facing calls to resign over his role in a non-prosecution agreement with billionaire financier Jeffrey Epstein in a sex-crimes case.

Trump told reporters at the White House that Acosta has been a “very good” Labor secretary and said he probably wished he handled the Epstein case differently. The president added that he would be looking at the case “very carefully.”

The president also sought to distance himself from Epstein, with whom he used to socialize with in Palm Beach, Fla., saying they had a falling out and had not spoken in years.

------other quotes------
'I feel very badly actually for secretary Acosta,' Trump said.

'He's been a very good secretary of labor,' Trump said, saying it was unfair to judge him based on 'what happened 12 or 15 years ago.' Trump also called Acosta a 'great' Labor secretary.

Amid calls for Acosta to step down, he added: 'I feel very badly at that whole situation. But we're going to be looking at that and looking very closely.'
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Trump defends Acosta amid Epstein scrutiny
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: July 09, 2019 12:11PM
That's not much of a defense, sounds more like the prelude to an exit.

Acosta's tweets today didn't do much to help his cause.
[twitter.com]

In February a federal judge ruled that Acosta and team did not follow the law when they hid Epstein's plea deal from his victims.

I think Acosta is toast, just a matter of time.

I'd like to see him charged with prosecutorial misconduct and face civil lawsuits from the victims, not just forced to resign the Trump cabinet.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: July 09, 2019 12:36PM
at the risk of repeating a joke, Trump has an Uber Clown Car on speed dial.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: July 09, 2019 03:09PM
"Gen. Flynn Alexander Acosta is a wonderful man. I think he has been treated very, very unfairly by the media, as I call it, the fake media in many cases. And I think it is really a sad thing that he was is being treated so badly."

"This man has served for many years, he's a general U.S. Federal Attorney, he's a — in my opinion — a very good person," said Trump. "I believe that it would be very unfair to hear from somebody who we don't even know and immediately run out and fire a general Secretary of Labor."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 297
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018